English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP2: A teacher who inspired me

+2
Kanghoon Jang
Hyun a Ji
6 posters

Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty OP2: A teacher who inspired me

Post  Hyun a Ji Sat Mar 29 2008, 10:23

From the time I was born, there have been many people who helped and advised me. Among those people, many teachers occupy important positions in my life. About a year ago, I met an unforgettably meaningful teacher who affected my life. Until I did my teachers' practicum. I wasn't really interested in being a teacher. At that time, I didn't make a decision about my future, for example,whether I would be a teacher or not. Ms. Park, my training teacher in charge, was a gracious person who gave me lessons in both studies and life.

When I first met her , Ms. Park was a person who did not give praise often and seemed to be cold-hearted. Once, I did my first lecture in my life and I made lots of mistakes. However I was a little proud of myself and everyone encouraged me except my training teacher Ms. Park. She said in a calm tone, "I don't think you did a good job. I would be rather anxious about you. You'd better lose your self-conceit and practice hard for any other upcoming lectures. More than that, make a great effort to increase your ability in the future." I kept those in mind and endeavored to practice those. To her pupils, she was a nagging person and a teacher who practised corporal punishment. All student teachers thought she didn't like her pupil.

One day, she was teaching in front of lots of student teachers. She tried to explain something using television. But the television turned off as soon as she turned it on; this happened again and again. After a while, one students' cellular phone rang loudly. She took the phone away from the student. When she saw his message, her face turned red. In the message, the naughty boy had turned off the television using a remote-control in his cellular phone. The boy was in big trouble with his teacher. All student teachers think she would slap him on the face or something like that. However nothing happened.

After the class, we saw her crying in the classroom. She said “ That was my mistake. Teachers should be prepared to take a risk in every extreme situation; disappointment, frustration, and even betrayal. Thus the teacher should be strong." Even though she looked cold-hearted, she was a benevolent person. She worried about her pupils' future. Ms. Park was concerned not only about their present but also about their future. When other people praised students and gave enjoy at the time, she felt anxious about their days ahead. I remembered all my teachers as being like tigers. They were strong, harsh. I know they helped us become a good people. I know their whole heart at that present. Because of their deep sincerity, we grew up as good people. Ms. Park reminded me of that. Finally, I decided to be a teacher like them. Even though they look like tigers, their wholeheartedly help students become good people.

Ms. Park usually advised that I have to make an effort for my favorite thing. It was written indelibly on my heart. I gave my word that I would become a special person,not a mediocre one. I thank her from the bottom of my heart. From now on, I will never forget her and do my best to follow her words.

Last edited by Hyun a Ji on Sun Mar 30 2008, 16:34; edited 1 time in total
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty no one replied to yours!!

Post  Kanghoon Jang Sun Mar 30 2008, 10:31

no one did not..

However, I want to do that because we have two same classes this semester. how great we are!

well, it is really difficult to meet a good teacher in our life. However, you are lucky.

I hope that you never forget her in rest of your life and try to keep in touch with her!
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Re: OP2: A teacher who inspired me

Post  Inkab Sun Mar 30 2008, 18:33

Ji a~I am not so sure what kind of teacher she is , but I am sure you are going to be a good teacher from my experience with you. Nevertherless, I still doubt that you will be a teacher like a tiger. It's not at all imaginable to me. I love you
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jueun, Jung Tue Apr 01 2008, 20:21

I can't say which type of teacher is better - being strict and hiding his care and warmth or giving students his love as much as he can. Yet, just like a variety of teachers we've met, each student feel differently and respond to teachers in their own way. I doubt if you would be a tiger teacher when I see your lovely face from your photo; however, I hope you are a good teacher who remains in your students memory for a long time.

-Jueun
Jueun, Jung
Jueun, Jung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Hyun-a's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Fri Apr 04 2008, 07:09

Hi Hyun-a,

Thanks very much for posting your response to this topic and my apologies for not responding to it sooner. You are a quiet and humble student in two of my classes, and I don't seem to get the chance to talk with you a lot. There's an area I have to work on! The beauty of a writing course, however, is I get to take enjoyable trips into your mind and see what you are thinking. There is a lot more to you than meets the eye, I think...

Your essay gives a very vivid picture of the teacher who inspired you. The use of an extended real-life example creates a story that gives the reader a very real image of this teacher. One thing I found really interesting in your account was the mention of a failure on the part of this teacher and how she responded to it. Most other students focused only (and this is quite understandable, I guess) on the great attributes and successes of teachers from the past, whereas yours shows a learning experience through a difficult situation this teacher faced. That was quite refreshing and really drew my attention.

While I am tempted to ask you to be more focused with your writing and develop an account over several well-organized and targeted paragraphs, I have to admit that you achieve your objective with this task overall. We are asked to infer to some extent what the inspiration was, but for some reason I think the way you approached this in a personal writing piece was rather appropriate. The way you build a context and give an account of things provides a pretty vivid account of how this teacher inspired you.

Below you'll see some suggestions relevant to language development:

Hyun a Ji wrote:From the time I was born, there have been many people who helped and advised me. Among those people, many teachers occupy important positions in my life. About a year ago, I met an unforgettably meaningful teacher who affected my life. Question Until I did my teachers' practicum. I wasn't really interested in being a teacher. At that time, I didn't make a decision about my future, for example,whether I would be a teacher or not. Ms. Park, my training teacher in charge, was a gracious person who gave me lessons in both studies and life.

When I first met her , Ms. Park was a person who did not give praise often and seemed to be cold-hearted. Question Once, I did my first lecture in my life and I made lots of mistakes. However I was a little proud of myself and everyone encouraged me except my training teacher Ms. Park. She said in a calm tone, "I don't think you did a good job. I would be rather anxious about you. You'd better lose your self-conceit and practice hard for any other upcoming lectures. More than that, make a great effort to increase your ability in the future." I kept those in mind and endeavored to practice those. To her pupils, she was a nagging person and a teacher who practised corporal punishment. All student teachers thought she didn't like her pupil.

One day, she was teaching in front of lots of student teachers. She tried to explain something using television. But the television turned off as soon as she turned it on; this happened again and again. After a while, one students' cellular phone rang loudly. She took the phone away from the student. When she saw his message, her face turned red. In the message, the naughty boy had turned off the television using a remote-control in his cellular phone. The boy was in big trouble with his teacher. Question All student teachers think she would slap him on the face or something like that. However nothing happened.

After the class, we saw her crying in the classroom. She said “ That was my mistake. Teachers should be prepared to take a risk in every extreme situation; disappointment, frustration, and even betrayal. Thus the teacher should be strong." Even though she looked cold-hearted, she was a benevolent person. She worried about her pupils' future. Ms. Park was concerned not only about their present but also about their future. When other people praised students and gave enjoy at the time, she felt anxious about their days ahead. I remembered all my teachers as being like tigers. They were strong, harsh. I know they helped us become a good people. I know their whole heart at that present. Because of their deep sincerity, we grew up as good people. Ms. Park reminded me of that. Finally, I decided to be a teacher like them. Even though they look like tigers, their wholeheartedly help students become good people.

Ms. Park usually advised that I have to make an effort for my favorite thing. It was written indelibly on my heart. I gave my word that I would become a special person,not a mediocre one. I thank her from the bottom of my heart. From now on, I will never forget her and do my best to follow her words.

Cool Up until the time I did my teachers' practicum, I wasn't really all that interested in becoming a teacher.

Cool When it came time to my very first teaching lecture, I made lots of mistakes.

Cool All of the student teachers thought she would slap him across the face or something like that.

I enjoyed reading your essay and appreciate your fresh approach to responding to a topic like this. Well done!

Take care and see you in class soon,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Re:[OP2]

Post  Jongwoo Sun Jun 01 2008, 14:05

At schools, we will be facing many unexpected situations as we are dealing with living human beings.
Seemingly, the teacher had been rough on the students, but it must be for the purpose of guiding them to the right direction. Her dealings was rough indeed, but the boy wasn't behaving properly. Your essay gives me a chance to think about how I should control my future students.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down