English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me.

+6
Young
Jueun, Jung
Jung namsook
Hyun a Ji
Inkab
HyejinJeon
10 posters

Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me. Empty [OP2] A teacher who inspired me.

Post  HyejinJeon Sun Mar 30 2008, 10:30

At first, I am very sad because I delete my OP2 by mistake.

I grew up in a country, so most students and teachers in an elementary were very friendly like a family. Most students connected their teacher individually, and their teacher took care of them like children. A teacher who inspired me was one of them. His name is Chun mo Kang, and he is my teacher in elementary school.

I felt him friendly because he and my father were the same age. In addition, he regarded my friends and me as his children. He was fair to everyone and paid attention to us equally. All classmate felt that they received caring. He didn't inflict corporal punishment on us. On special case, he forced us to think about our faults and write it down.

I have an episode. One day, he brought a bunch of candy. We asked him where he got it. He said that he had received it from his friend who ran candy factory. He put the candies into bottle. Then, he said us " It is only person who do something good that can eat one candy a day" According to what he said, my friends and I tried to do something kind, help each other, and not to quarrel. As a result, our relationship got better and better, and we had a good memory.

In addition, my teacher didn't give up his students. There were students who couldn't understand what they learned. He made a group and let students help their friends with understanding. If this method didn't work, he taught them by himself after school. Although he was very busy, he arranged time for his students.

To sum up, he encouraged me to become a good student and teacher. I think the best teacher is a person who let his or her students decide to be a teacher. He let me know the meaning of becoming a teacher. After graduating from elementary school, I wrote some letters, but now I can't keep in touch with him. However, after I become a teacher, I will visit him and express thanks.

Last edited by HyejinJeon on Mon Mar 31 2008, 21:19; edited 1 time in total
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me. Empty Re: [OP2] A teacher who inspired me.

Post  Inkab Sun Mar 30 2008, 16:03

Thank you for making me smile while reading your essay.
Exaclty the part about candies gives the impression that all the kids in your class were naive and innocent. I think you are so lucky especially to be raised in countryside. I was born in Daegu,but since my mom's hometown was Go-ryung and I have many siblings, I was usually sent to my grand mom's house during the vacation. I gave me unforgettable memories that enriches my personality. Although i haven't talked to you in our class, I'm sure you must be a warm-hearted girl like the nature where you were raised.
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me. Empty I agree with you!

Post  Hyun a Ji Mon Mar 31 2008, 08:51

I agree with you.
I think the best teacher is a person who let his or her students decide to be a teacher.
I also want to keep in touch with my teachers. I'm not brave like you. I always hesitate to call them. But I'm gonna try like you. Smile
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me. Empty So cute in the picture!

Post  Jung namsook Mon Mar 31 2008, 19:21

Not every teacher in the country must be like the teacher, Kim Bongdoo in the movie. As it was before, a number of primary students dreaming of being good teachers have proved that they've seen inspiring teachers. I hope you and I also should be a teacher who shares many and read students' mind. Let's also remember to carefully look at even trivial affairs of your students.

Take care,

Namsook
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jueun, Jung Tue Apr 01 2008, 18:30

Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories with us. Your story is as warm and interesting as one in movies. I could imagine that some innocent kids and warm-hearted teacher take care of one another, enjoying every single day in countryside. You have enough reason to be a great teacher like him and you'll be!

-Jueun
Jueun, Jung
Jueun, Jung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Tue Apr 01 2008, 21:05

Hi!! First time to add reply to you.

Your memorable teacher sounds like a gentleman. I can't imagine an old male teacher can be such considerate. Also, I agree with your saying that a good teacher makes students want to become teachers.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Younghee choi Wed Apr 02 2008, 21:54

The candy episode is very touching although candy is not good for children's teeth but can be really a good bait to lure students into the way that a teacher want to lead.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me. Empty Hyejin's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Sun Apr 06 2008, 08:57

Hi Hyejin,

Thanks for submitting your essay. It seems to have slipped down the queue a little and, although I read it when submitted, it seems I was a bit late responding to it for you. My apologies there.

Your teacher Mr. Kang sounds like a kind and inspiring person. The candy reward was something I quickly learned NOT to use as a teacher with children (I wanted them to feel rewards in a different way that was more intrinsic), but I think with a large class it may be effective and it certainly seemed to get the right result for your class. I also enjoyed hearing about his approach to group work and extra care for the students slipping behind in the class. It was wonderful to feel he could manage and inspire his class without ever needing to resort to corporal punishment.

I liked the straight-forward simplicity of your essay because it made it feel direct and genuine. I would, however, have liked to see the teacher described a little more as a person. Next time you might also like to document your reasons for feeling inspired by the teacher more cleary, then supporting those reasons with real examples. At the moment some of your writing asks the reader to infer what the inspiration was.

Below you will find some suggestions relevant to language development:

HyejinJeon wrote:At first, I am very sad because I delete my OP2 by mistake.

Question I grew up in a country, so most students and teachers in an elementary were very friendly like a family. Most students connected their teacher individually, and their teacher took care of them like children. A teacher who inspired me was one of them. His name is Chun mo Kang, and he is my teacher in elementary school.

I felt him friendly because he and my father were the same age. In addition, he regarded my friends and me as his children. He was fair to everyone and paid attention to us equally. All classmate felt that they received caring. He didn't inflict corporal punishment on us. Question On special case, he forced us to think about our faults and write it down.

I have an episode. One day, he brought a bunch of candy. We asked him where he got it. He said that he had received it from his friend who ran candy factory. He put the candies into bottle. Then, he said us " It is only person who do something good that can eat one candy a day" According to what he said, my friends and I tried to do something kind, help each other, and not to quarrel. As a result, our relationship got better and better, and we had a good memory.

Question In addition, my teacher didn't give up his students. There were students who couldn't understand what they learned. He made a group and let students help their friends with understanding. If this method didn't work, he taught them by himself after school. Although he was very busy, he arranged time for his students.

To sum up, he encouraged me to become a good student and teacher. I think the best teacher is a person who let his or her students decide to be a teacher. He let me know the meaning of becoming a teacher. After graduating from elementary school, I wrote some letters, but now I can't keep in touch with him. However, after I become a teacher, I will visit him and express thanks.

Cool I grew up in the country [OR the countryside], so most students and teachers in my elementary school were very friendly - just like a family [NOTE: Almost all people in the world grow up in "a country", but to grow up in "the country" means the countryside or a rural setting]

Cool In special cases where misbehavior occurred, he forced us to think about our faults and write them down

Cool In addition, my teacher didn't give up on his students [NOTE: to "give up" something can mean to pass off to someone else, whereas to "give up on someone" means to stop trying to help them]

You've made a good effort with this task. Keep up the great work!

Best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jihye Park Sun Apr 06 2008, 09:32

What a disaster! You lost your first script!!XP

I envy you who could have the nice teacher. I haven't had that nice teacher.
I just experienced teachers like who always wanted from their students, who didn't have any
passion toward their students and who always in anger.Sad
Jihye Park
Jihye Park
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Eunsil Mon Apr 07 2008, 16:57

Wow,

That's really beautiful memory.
People mostly think that only in countryside, those things happen, but I also have some beautiful memory when i was young.

Teaching intelligibly is very important, but more important thing is teacher's heart which how one loves students with true heart.

That affects affective domain of students, and it plays important roll when teenagers grow up.

I wish I could be such a teacher.
Eunsil
Eunsil
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down