English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP2: A teacher who inspired me

+4
Sera Jung
Younghee choi
Jung namsook
Seyoung Yoon
8 posters

Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty OP2: A teacher who inspired me

Post  Seyoung Yoon Mon Mar 24 2008, 20:39

A teacher who inspired me

A teacher who gave me a passion was English teacher in Middle school. She was married woman who had two daughters. At the time when I met her first, I thought that she had her career for years. However, to my surprise, she was a newly appointed English teacher-she was in her thirties.

Though she didn't have a long career, her passion for students was better than anyone. Actually, I hated English when I was in middle school. I liked math rather than English, so I didn't pay my attention to the class. She didn't give me up nevertheless. She asked me questions all the time and tried to draw my attention. Therefore at the end of the 1st year of middle school, I was able to see the fun of studying English little by little.

Not only the constant concern for students but also she devoted herself to enhancing the quality of her lecture. She wanted student to learn as many things as possible. She often covered articles or readings in addition to the textbook. Besides, after class, she opened extracurricular English Grammar and reading class for the students who don't go to private academies. In case of me, I learned a lot through that class. Although I didn't take any private academy, I could catch up with my friends in foreign language high school thanks to her extracurricular class.

After entering university I went to meet her and let her know my major was English Education. She was surprised at first. Because she knew that once I really hated English. She encouraged me yet. She said to me that I would be a good English teacher and I said to her I would like to be a teacher like you. From the time I decided to be a English teacher, she had been my role model. My determined goal as an English techer is to be a teacher like her.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Hi Seyoung

Post  Jung namsook Tue Mar 25 2008, 13:23

I think it's so amazing to meet an inspired person in life. We've tied with numerous people, though not every one is likely to positively influence on life. The person Just like your old English teacher could put you up into studying English Education. You also could be such a patient teacher that would never abandon reaching your students to have their interest in English class.

Have fun and enjoy your day!

Namsook
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Re: OP2: A teacher who inspired me

Post  Younghee choi Tue Mar 25 2008, 19:58

It's amazing that you entered a foreign language high school without taking any private lessons. I can figure out how hard you studied English with the help of your English teacher.
I'd like to pay my respects to her.
Her challenging mind and willingness to spare her extra time for students will be appreciated.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung Tue Mar 25 2008, 21:41

She had great influence on you .Though you had hated English, you could get interested in it and finally you are dreaming of English teach in
future thanks to her. I think passion is definetley vital factor to be a good teacher. The positive energy of teacher can affect stuents and makes them to participate in class more actively
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Hello, Again!

Post  Jung namsook Thu Mar 27 2008, 20:31

Actually, I can't believe you didn't care too much about studying English in middle school. You seem to have enjoyed learnig English from the start. As I see your teacher, I feel we do need inspiring teachers more who could encourgage the students to become independent and willing to take risks. They need warm-hearted advisors who will be understanding and listening to them. You've already experienced with a wonderful teacher and you are, in fact, to exactly know how to treat and teach your students.

Best luck,

Namsook
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkab Fri Mar 28 2008, 20:59

I remember you mentioned this teacher when commenting on some classmate's essay. I was curious about what kind of teacher she might be, and now I can see her. Your teacher seems to have all elements to be a good teacher. She motivated you, led you, as well as showed excellence in teaching job. I believe all our classmates want to be a teacher like yours, and she'll be the one I can think of when I encounter challenging tasks at any teaching environment.

By the way, although we've never got involved in private conversations, I greet you in front of 4합 today since I felt so familiar with you from your essays and photo. Nevertheless, I guess you might felt a bit awkward about that. I hope we can share a tiny of greeting from now on~ I love you
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Sat Mar 29 2008, 04:40

I got impression from your essay. Your essays including oher essays tell me you are a thoughtful person. Your teacher you wrote sounds like a really good teacher.
Her extracurricular teaching supports that. Can we find this kind of English teacher, especially, in public school these days? I don't think so. All of us have to think about that what a really good teacher is.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Seyoung's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Sun Mar 30 2008, 15:48

Hi Seyoung,

Thanks for posting a well thought-out response to this topic. I can see why you found this teacher an inspiration to you, on account of things like her dedication to her students, her ability to draw on a wide variety of teaching initiatives and techniques, and how she eventually came to be a role model for your own professional future. She sounds like quite a special person, and I think the examples she set will be really good for you if or when you end up becoming an English teacher yourself.

Overall, your writing is very good. You have certainly grouped your ideas relatively well, which results in a good flow for the reader. The essay doesn't exhibit some of the characteristics I've been trying to promote in class and in feedback in this forum (for example, a contextual 'hook' for your introduction and some sort of overview of your main reasons at the start), but it nevertheless 'works' as a good piece of writing.

I've included some suggestions below for your language development:

Seyoung Yoon wrote:
A teacher who inspired me

Question A teacher who gave me a passion was English teacher in Middle school. She was married woman who had two daughters. At the time when I met her first, I thought that she had her career for years. However, to my surprise, she was a newly appointed English teacher-she was in her thirties.

Though she didn't have a long career, her passion for students was better than anyone. Actually, I hated English when I was in middle school. I liked math rather than English, so I didn't pay my attention to the class. Question She didn't give me up nevertheless. She asked me questions all the time and tried to draw my attention. Therefore at the end of the 1st year of middle school, I was able to see the fun of studying English little by little.

Not only the constant concern for students but also she devoted herself to enhancing the quality of her lecture. She wanted student to learn as many things as possible. She often covered articles or readings in addition to the textbook. Besides, after class, she opened extracurricular English Grammar and reading class for the students who don't go to private academies. In case of me, I learned a lot through that class. Although I didn't take any private academy, I could catch up with my friends in foreign language high school thanks to her extracurricular class.

After entering university I went to meet her and let her know my major was English Education. Question She was surprised at first. Because she knew that once I really hated English. She encouraged me yet. She said to me that I would be a good English teacher and I said to her I would like to be a teacher like you. From the time I decided to be a English teacher, she had been my role model. My determined goal as an English techer is to be a teacher like her.

Cool A teacher who inspired passion for learning in me was an English teacher I had in Middle school [NOTE: Using just "passion" by itself is potentially ambiguous, so it's a good idea to qualify the concept by saying what exactly this passion was in or for]

Cool Nevertheless, she didn't give up on me

Cool She was surprised at first, because she knew that once I had really hated English. [NOTE: Because is a conjunction for mid-sentence. If you want to use it as a connector between sentences, try using "That's because" - otherwise you end up with a sentence fragment that contains no subject]

You're showing some great improvement in your writing, so please keep up the great work.

Best wishes and see you in class,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jueun, Jung Mon Mar 31 2008, 08:49

Hi,

Your teacher did a great job on you. It is amazing to have a great influence on one's life. That's why teacher is still one of the rewarding jobs. Plus, you must have been an excellent student in many fields and made an effort to get your goal. You know what? Having a brilliant student is a great joy to teachers. Your teacher would have been proud of you so much before and after teaching you.

-jueun
Jueun, Jung
Jueun, Jung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down