English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me

4 posters

Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty [OP2] A teacher who inspired me

Post  Kyungjin Sun Mar 30 2008, 19:45

It can be said that a teacher is one of those who affect students' behaviors and characters the most. Students shape their characters influenced by not only their friends, family, and teachers but also TV and Internet. However, I think teachers are the most influential over students because students spend most of their time in school and teachers are the only ones who can control students' behaviors in school. Thus, teachers need to be role models whom students admire and try to intimate.

When I was in the middle school, there's a teacher who inspired me to have interest in learning English. Her name is Jang, Myung-soon, an English teacher. I learned English from her for two years. She had enthusiasm for teaching English and tried to instill that passion in those who learned from her. To illustrate, She tried to make students motivated in class activities by trying out something different. For example, She made us to search good expressions on the internet which can be used to write E-mails. Besides, she made us read headlines of the newspaper for teenagers to make us practiced in reading newspapers. Also, She was well-prepared and always seemed ready to answer questions and help with problems. In this respect, she was respected as a good teacher.

In addition, she didn't let anyone be an outsider in her class. She tried to make all of us involved in class activities and was concerned in everyone's achievement and attitude toward her class. We could realize that she cares for everyone equally and tried to meet her expectations toward us.

To sum up, It is her enthusiasm for education and affection toward students that made us respect her as a good teacher. She devoted herself to planning original, well-organized activities which can attract students' interests. At that time, It was new and innovative to free from text-based instruction. Besides, she taught us with affection and respect our personalities irrespective of exam scores. That's why I regard her as a good and respectable teacher in my life.

Kyungjin
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty Re: [OP2] A teacher who inspired me

Post  Younghee choi Sun Mar 30 2008, 20:10

I think your respectful teacher should be my role model as for me, a would-be English teacher. In actuality, we have been taught a variety of useful teaching methods and the theoretical rationale behind them through the courses in university. However, it is not easy to put into practice what we have in mind.
Thank you for your beautiful messages.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty I'm sure that you will make an inspiring teacher like Ms. Jang.

Post  Jongwoo Sun Mar 30 2008, 22:39

As I have studied English education, I came to realize that making English class informative and attractive at the same time for ordinary Korean students is a highly challenging task. I'm impressed at the way that Ms. Jang organized her English classes in which students are highly engaged and willingly participate in the activities. With the inspiration and influence, I'm sure that you will become a competent, respectable teacher just like Ms. Jang.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty Feedback for Kyungjin

Post  Jason Renshaw Fri Apr 04 2008, 05:03

Hi Kyungjin,

Thanks for posting your account of a teacher who inspired you. I think your points about teachers needing to be strong role models but at the same time inclusive and caring are very valid. You're right when you say that teachers have such a major influence over young people as they negotiate their way through their young lives.

Overall, you have done a reasonable job with this topic, but I would have liked to see some better organization. What exactly was the main idea and purpose of each paragraph? You seem to have blended the ideas of describing your teacher and giving reasons as to why the person inspired you. It might have been better to keep the description of the teacher in one paragraph, and your main reasons for feeling inspired in separate paragraphs, each explained and supported with examples.

Below you will see some pointers relevant to language development:

Kyungjin wrote:It can be said that a teacher is one of those who affect students' behaviors and characters the most. Students shape their characters influenced by not only their friends, family, and teachers but also TV and Internet. Question However, I think teachers are the most influential over students because students spend most of their time in school and teachers are the only ones who can control students' behaviors in school. Thus, teachers need to be role models whom students admire and try to intimate.

When I was in the middle school, there's a teacher who inspired me to have interest in learning English. Her name is Jang, Myung-soon, an English teacher. I learned English from her for two years. She had enthusiasm for teaching English and tried to instill that passion in those who learned from her. To illustrate, She tried to make students motivated in class activities by trying out something different. Question For example, She made us to search good expressions on the internet which can be used to write E-mails. Besides, she made us read headlines of the newspaper for teenagers to make us practiced in reading newspapers. Also, She was well-prepared and always seemed ready to answer questions and help with problems. In this respect, she was respected as a good teacher.

In addition, she didn't let anyone be an outsider in her class. Question She tried to make all of us involved in class activities and was concerned in everyone's achievement and attitude toward her class. We could realize that she cares for everyone equally and tried to meet her expectations toward us.

To sum up, It is her enthusiasm for education and affection toward students that made us respect her as a good teacher. She devoted herself to planning original, well-organized activities which can attract students' interests. At that time, It was new and innovative to free from text-based instruction. Besides, she taught us with affection and respect our personalities irrespective of exam scores. That's why I regard her as a good and respectable teacher in my life.

Cool However, I think teachers are the most influential over students because students spend most of their time in school and teachers are the only ones who can control their behavior

Cool For example, she made us search for good expressions on the internet which could then be used to write e-mails

Cool She tried to get all of us involved in class activities and was concerned about everyone's achievement and attitude toward her class

Overall a good effort, and your inspiration based on this teacher does come across quite well.

Keep up the good work,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty Re: [OP2] A teacher who inspired me

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down