English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP2: A teacher who inspired me

4 posters

Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty OP2: A teacher who inspired me

Post  itchyfeet51 Mon Mar 31 2008, 19:54

Luckily during my school days I had many great teachers. It could be the one of the reasons that now I’m in teachers’ college. Jo, Jung-sook, who was a science teacher in my middle school, she was the best teacher of my life.

I still can remember the first day that I met her. In March, I was a little girl who was excited at whole new middle school life and she was also a beginner teacher who started to teach students from that year. She looked very considerate and warm-hearted. At the first sight I could feel it from her calm voice and her facial expression.

She said that whenever we had questions on science please feel free to ask her. At that time I took charge of class secretary who kept a class diary and had to get checked it from my homeroom teacher every day. Therefore I had more chances to enter the teacher’s room compared to other students.

One day I had a question which was asking specific heat using the law of conservation of heat quantity. The relational expression is Q=C*m *T (‘Q’ is quantity, ‘m’ is mass, ‘T’ is temperature and ‘C’ is the unknown, specific heat)

I was, no, still I am very clumsy with math so I had difficulty with calculating. I asked the question and she explained it several times but I couldn’t follow her. How foolish was I! Usually in that situation teachers tend to be angry at students saying such as “What a dummy. What on earth, how can’t you understand it despite of my kind explanation?”

To my surprise, however, she said to me, “I’m sorry. It’s my fault. If I could explain well enough you could understand it.” I was deeply moved by her reply and crushed on her. After that event I became a big fan of her. I was almost crazy about studying science to be loved by her. I had lots of questions so almost every day I visited her.

Sometimes I used to date with her such as meeting at a park and wailing for a while, taking a bus together which heads outskirt of a city or drinking milk in cafeteria. Those were not great dates but I was really happy with the fact I was with her.

At that time I was excellent in science thanks to her. I even got a prize in science contest and I was recommended to be a scientist. Actually, it was not my way. I liked her so much that I could be good at science. However, I guess, If she taught me more - When I was 3rd grade in middle school she got married and went abroad to States.- then I might have became a scientist. Who knows?

I think the teachers’ influence on students is incredible. As you can see because of her I could have became a scientist. Now I’m majoring in Korean education, not science. Her great teaching is, however, still in my mind and makes me decide to become a caring and warm-hearted teacher like her.

Last edited by itchyfeet51 on Mon Mar 31 2008, 20:08; edited 2 times in total
itchyfeet51
itchyfeet51
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Re: OP2: A teacher who inspired me

Post  Jason Renshaw Mon Mar 31 2008, 20:03

itchyfeet51 wrote:Luckily during my school days I had many great teachers. It could be the one of the reasons that now I’m in teachers’ college. Jo, Jung-sook, who was a science teacher in my middle school, she is the best teacher of my life.

I still can remember the first day that I met her. In March, I was a little girl who was excited at whole new middle school life and she was also a beginner teacher who started to teach students from that year. She looked very considerate and warm-hearted. At the first sight I could feel it from her calm voice and her facial expression.

She said that whenever we had questions on science please feel free to ask her. At that time I took charge of class secretary who kept a class diary and had to get checked it from my homeroom teacher every day. Therefore I had more chances to enter the teacher’s room compared to other students.

One day I had a question which was asking specific heat using the law of conservation of heat quantity. The relational expression is Q=C*m *T (‘Q’ is quantity, ‘m’ is mass, ‘T’ is temperature and ‘C’ is the unknown, specific heat)

I was, no, still I am very clumsy with math so I had difficulty with calculating. I asked the question and she explained it several times but I couldn’t follow her. How foolish was I! Usually in that situation teachers tend to be angry at students saying such as “What a dummy. What on earth, how can’t you understand it despite of my kind explanation?”

To my surprise, however, she said to me, “I’m sorry. It’s my fault. If I could explain well enough you could understand it.” I was deeply moved by her reply and crushed on her. After that event I became a big fan of her. I was almost crazy about studying science to be loved by her. I had lots of questions so almost every day I visited her.

Sometimes I used to date with her such as meeting at a park and wailing for a while, taking a bus together which heads outskirt of a city or drinking milk in cafeteria. Those were not great dates but I was really happy with the fact I was with her.

At that time I was excellent in science thanks to her. I even got a prize in science contest and I was recommended to be a scientist. Actually, it was not my way. I liked her so much that I could be good at science. However, I guess, If she taught me more - When I was 3rd grade in middle school she got married and went abroad to States.- then I might have became a scientist. Who knows?

I think the teachers’ influence on students is incredible. As you can see because of her I could have became a scientist. Now I’m majoring in Korean education, not science. Her great teaching is, however, still in my mind and makes me decide to become a caring and warm-hearted teacher like her.

LATE
Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jueun, Jung Tue Apr 01 2008, 18:08

I know the best way to make students study is to make them like me. In my case, I like art teacher in middle school very much and did my best every class and thought myself that I had talent in art. However, when I couldn't see her anymore, my interest in art had gone, too. I hope your future stuents would like you a lot and can't wait your Korean class.

By the way where did you take your photo? It looks nice!
-Jueun
Jueun, Jung
Jueun, Jung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Thank you, Jueun for saying that

Post  itchyfeet51 Thu Apr 03 2008, 15:52

'I hope your future stuents would like you a lot and can't wait your Korean class.'
I also hope it. I love you

By the way where did you take your photo? It looks nice!
Idea Thanks. It was taken in 'The way to India' which is a Indian food restaurant situated in front of north gate. The atmosphere in the restaurant is fantasic. It will make you feel you are in India.
itchyfeet51
itchyfeet51
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Re[OP2]

Post  Jongwoo Thu Jun 05 2008, 04:12

What a humble teacher she was!
I have met many teachers who easily got angry and hit my head blaming my foolishness when I didn't understand his or her explanation.
We should learn from your teacher. We should blame ourselves for our poor explanation when we are teachers. Very Happy
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down