English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP2 : A teacher who inspired me

5 posters

Go down

OP2 : A teacher who inspired me Empty OP2 : A teacher who inspired me

Post  Sera Jung Sat Mar 29 2008, 20:57

When asked what kinds of teacher I would like to be in the future, my answer would be who remains in student's memory causing them to look back on school days and recall what the teacher said like my Korean teacher in high school, Mr. Bae. After impressed by his worthwhile teaching to give positive influences on students, I has become to dream of being a teacher. He was who not only helped guide me to better ways with constant affection and counselling but also lead to believe in my self emphasizing the infinite potential in one's inside.

Until now, I can not forget resounding cheer from seniors when Mr.Bae was introduced in high school entrance ceremony. He is not tall and a man of a large build but always has mild smile on his face. It was first grade in high school when I had his Korean class. At that time , all the circumstances had been changed. I had to live with my friends all the time in school and dorm without everyday care of family. But the most anxious thing was competitive atmosphere caused by many brilliant students and common goal to enter the university. So I need someone to help relieve my anxiety by listening my worries and giving comforting words whenever I felt school life so overwhelming. As his room was open to any one at any time I would visit him to talk about from my worries such as grade, friend relationship and uncertain future to my interests in books , people, thoughts on certain topics. The talk I had with him gave me more priceless teaching than class. He always emphasized that each person has enormous potential and competence to accomplish the task whatever it is in one's inside. It was refreshing as his words were different from what most teachers stressed, grades in the exam. Thanks to him , I tried to gain a full understanding of my ability and display it to the fullest with confidence rather than complaining of what I didn't have. Sincere individualized attention to students and counselling he offered was so impressive that I always felt grateful to have such a nice teacher. The intimacy teacher and students built made class more effective and interactive.

Moreover his consistent efforts to think about various methods of teaching suggested not only the great role-model to us but also more opportunities to participate in class more actively and think creatively. For example each students were given a chance to express one's own interests during 20minutes on each weekly seminar. Also sometimes we were asked to give lecture to students preparing it by ourselves. He prepared the lecture related to life and its meaning so we came to be immersed in class unconsciously.

Even after graduation I still have contact with him through regular meeting to share thoughts and opinions on every last Friday of month. Thinking of his great devotion and sincere care to students , I always lead to the conclusion how the role of teacher is so important and probability of giving negative influences on students should not be neglected.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP2 : A teacher who inspired me Empty How a great teacher!

Post  HyejinJeon Sun Mar 30 2008, 10:53

I envy you because I didn't meet a teacher who I can share my problems with.
Most students were fearful. Moreover, a teacher in my first grade in a high school very frightening. She ordered us to have a lunch for 30 mins. So it was common that students couldn't digest and took a pill. Very Happy When it comes to study, she was a good teacher, but her method was terrible, and she was not a great teacher overall
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP2 : A teacher who inspired me Empty Lucky you.

Post  Jongwoo Sun Mar 30 2008, 19:49

Life as a Korean high school student is unimaginably tough. It is such a great blessing to have a teacher who inspires students and relieves their anxiety. Unfortunately, all my highschool teachers were quite opposite. I attended boys' high school, and the teachers there were quite violent and oppressive. Instead of relieving our tensions, they seemed to enjoy stressing us out. Lucky you to have had such a magnificient teacher.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP2 : A teacher who inspired me Empty Re: OP2 : A teacher who inspired me

Post  Jueun, Jung Tue Apr 01 2008, 18:59

I was closer to my homeroom teachers in middle and high school than other students because I would be in charge of work in class and had more chance to contact them. Nevertheless, I never felt as much intimacy with them as you. As you said, they used to like some students who were outstanding. Maybe stressful circumstances made them different from what they used to be. Anyway, your are lucky!

-Jueun
Jueun, Jung
Jueun, Jung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP2 : A teacher who inspired me Empty Sera's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Fri Apr 04 2008, 06:17

Hi Sera,

Thank you so much for submitting such a wonderful account of the teacher who inspired you. Mr. Bae strikes the reader as being not only an outstanding teacher, but also a very warm and considerate human being. His influence on you really resonates through this essay, and considering you as my own student now I feel thankful to him for helping shape such a nice person and student!

Several other students in this course (and this task) have mentioned a continued association with the teachers that inspired them. I think that is really tremendous. I also think students don't really understand how joyful this makes the teacher concerned. Having been in Korea for more than eight years now, occasionally I get to meet up with students I taught in the early middle school years who are now making the transition to university. It is very special for a teacher when this happens, as you get to see what wonderful adults these young people have grown into. Aside from academic success, that is the thing that really makes a true teacher's heart glow with pride.

Your writing is very strong, but it could have benefitted from some more organization and targeting for each paragraph. It flows very well and leaves a strong impression on the reader, but would have done so even more if you had established a clear goal for each of your paragraphs and then explored that idea in detail.

Below you will find some suggestions for your language development:

Sera Jung wrote: Question When asked what kinds of teacher I would like to be in the future, my answer would be who remains in student's memory causing them to look back on school days and recall what the teacher said like my Korean teacher in high school, Mr. Bae. After impressed by his worthwhile teaching to give positive influences on students, I has become to dream of being a teacher. Question He was who not only helped guide me to better ways with constant affection and counselling but also lead to believe in my self emphasizing the infinite potential in one's inside.

Until now, I can not forget resounding cheer from seniors when Mr.Bae was introduced in high school entrance ceremony. He is not tall and a man of a large build but always has mild smile on his face. It was first grade in high school when I had his Korean class. At that time , all the circumstances had been changed. I had to live with my friends all the time in school and dorm without everyday care of family. But the most anxious thing was competitive atmosphere caused by many brilliant students and common goal to enter the university. So I need someone to help relieve my anxiety by listening my worries and giving comforting words whenever I felt school life so overwhelming. As his room was open to any one at any time I would visit him to talk about from my worries such as grade, friend relationship and uncertain future to my interests in books , people, thoughts on certain topics. The talk I had with him gave me more priceless teaching than class. He always emphasized that each person has enormous potential and competence to accomplish the task whatever it is in one's inside. It was refreshing as his words were different from what most teachers stressed, grades in the exam. Thanks to him , I tried to gain a full understanding of my ability and display it to the fullest with confidence rather than complaining of what I didn't have. Sincere individualized attention to students and counselling he offered was so impressive that I always felt grateful to have such a nice teacher. The intimacy teacher and students built made class more effective and interactive.

Moreover his consistent efforts to think about various methods of teaching suggested not only the great role-model to us but also more opportunities to participate in class more actively and think creatively. Question For example each students were given a chance to express one's own interests during 20minutes on each weekly seminar. Also sometimes we were asked to give lecture to students preparing it by ourselves. He prepared the lecture related to life and its meaning so we came to be immersed in class unconsciously.

Even after graduation I still have contact with him through regular meeting to share thoughts and opinions on every last Friday of month. Thinking of his great devotion and sincere care to students , I always lead to the conclusion how the role of teacher is so important and probability of giving negative influences on students should not be neglected.

Cool When asked what kind of teacher I would like to be in the future, my answer would be that it is the person who remains in my memory as a student. For me, that is my Korean teacher in high school, Mr. Bae.

Cool It was he who not only helped guide me to better ways with constant affection and counselling, but also led me to believe in myself by emphasizing the infinite potential that exists inside a person.

Cool For example, each student was given a chance to express his or her own interests during a 20-minute seminar on a weekly basis.

Overall, I found this part of your essay the most inspiring:

"The talk I had with him gave me more priceless teaching than class. He always emphasized that each person has enormous potential and competence to accomplish the task whatever it is in one's inside. It was refreshing as his words were different from what most teachers stressed, grades in the exam. Thanks to him , I tried to gain a full understanding of my ability and display it to the fullest with confidence rather than complaining of what I didn't have."

If only the world had more teachers like your Mr. Bae!

Great effort - keep up the great work,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

OP2 : A teacher who inspired me Empty Re: OP2 : A teacher who inspired me

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down