English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(op4)What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country?

4 posters

Go down

(op4)What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country? Empty (op4)What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country?

Post  Ji hye Lim Wed Apr 02 2008, 13:10

To improve English Education in Korea, we need to improve many things. We need to improve teacher's quality, curriculum, material and classroom environment. Among them, I suggest improve classroom environment. In the concrete, I suggest make small class size.

First, If we make small class size, teacher can focus on each students more. Therefor, teacher can find each students' trait( their strength or weak point) easily and teach them adequately.

Second, In this kind of class, students get more opportunity to speak. In big class, Some Confidence students usually get chance to speak. However, smaller class, every students have chance to speak more often.

Last, Teacher can try to various attempt in the smaller class. If teacher find good activity, it's very hard to attempt in the big class actually. By filling various creative activity, smaller class become more activity and effective.

As I mentioned, there are many advantages for small class. So I suggest make smaller class.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

(op4)What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country? Empty Re: (op4)What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country?

Post  Younghee choi Wed Apr 02 2008, 17:45

I also want to place a priority on reducing class size for the breakthrough of English education. Having less than 20 students in class may be the ideal classroom environment for an effective language teaching. We all have cognizance of this fact but the government's economic support will be the best solution to this problem.
I hope the government could allocate more budget into English education and hire more English teachers.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

(op4)What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country? Empty We need smaller class size.

Post  Hyun a Ji Sat Apr 05 2008, 14:43

I agree with you.
In Korea, we can't do useful group work because of too much class size.
We need smaller class in public school.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

(op4)What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country? Empty Re: (op4)What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country?

Post  Kanghoon Jang Sat Apr 05 2008, 18:54

I also totally agree with your opinions about that. I always took big-size classes when I studied in middle and high school, which mean that there were no opportunities to speak English and teachers just focus on the time to go by. If we can make smaller-size class, it would be useful to brush up our English skills,especially speaking skills. Plus, there would be many oppurtunities to speak up in front of people and to easily make group for practice of speaking skills.

I don't want to inherit our weird English education system for next generations. Ours should be changed in good ways.

Best wishes,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down