English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP4]: What do you think needs to be done to improve English education in your country?

Go down

[OP4]: What do you think needs to be done to improve English education in your country? Empty [OP4]: What do you think needs to be done to improve English education in your country?

Post  Eunsil Tue Apr 08 2008, 18:38

In Korea, English is getting more important than before. We cannot think of living without English. Koreans are learning English during at least ten years, from elementary school to high school. But they have problem with using English in daily life. There is a lot of discussion to improve English in our country. I think the most important two things are teacher's self appraisal and using more balanced major skills in school system.

In my opinion, foreign language learning is depend on the teachers. It is essential that the teacher recognize the importance of their role and learn how to develop themselves into an effective teacher. The good educated English subject and must have high qualities of personality are required to them.

English Education is separated in four parts; reading, writing, speaking and listening. But our English education focus the reading and the grammar part. Maybe it can help students to read English article faster and make people write more correctly. However, we cannot say that a student who has only grammar skill and reading skill, can speak use English well. I am educated in Korea and learned during about ten years English. I learned such a long time English but I have still many problem with every part. I haven't experienced how to speak English with other people and how to understand American speak language.

I think when English education expand to all the parts of English equally and teachers have all the conditions that I presented, English Education in my country will make an big improve.
Eunsil
Eunsil
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down