English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP3] How English can benefit Korea as a nation.

5 posters

Go down

[OP3] How English can benefit Korea as a nation. Empty [OP3] How English can benefit Korea as a nation.

Post  Hyun a Ji Wed Apr 02 2008, 18:28

The world is becoming more globalized, the importance and need for the commonly used English becomes larger. In these days, Korean and other countries emphasize using English. There are several benefits for people learning English in Korea.

First of all, English can benefit economic part in Korea. If we can speak English, we can get a job in every world more easily. Koreans can make lots of foreign currency from other countries using English. In addition to, it is to make our dreams come true worldwide. Because it can be used as a crucial device for it and English is official language. English is inevitable for job entrance worldwide. Thus a person's treat in company gets better depending on English skill. Also, English can make lots of profits in international trade.

Secondly, Korean education can benefit from English. English can improve peoples' professional knowledge. English is a tool that is used in lots of professional books. We can get lots of information, knowledge. More than 90 percent of internet contents are written in English and English is necessary in order to seek useful information through the internet. Thus Koreans can learn lots of thing using English.

Third, We can get multi-cultural benefit from using English. We can make mupti-cultural society in Korea. It can make other country more familiar with Korea. They can have amity with us. It can help negotiation,agreement between them. Younger generation can make foreign friends as using English. Also,We can trip to anywhere in the world if you can speak English without any interpreter.

To sum up, Koreans can get economic benefit, educational benefit, multi-cultural benefit as using English. Even though improving our English skill is not easy, we should learn English. Because English is the world's language and in order for you to international stage, it is necessity.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sun Apr 06 2008, 15:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing between paragraphs)
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP3] How English can benefit Korea as a nation. Empty Re: [OP3] How English can benefit Korea as a nation.

Post  Younghee choi Wed Apr 02 2008, 21:42

I agree with your argument on the educational benefits of English. It is true that English is a tool that conveys information and knowledge.
A good proficiency of English will also broaden our mind into the world by getting useful and various information that we couldn't get in Korean.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[OP3] How English can benefit Korea as a nation. Empty Re: [OP3] How English can benefit Korea as a nation.

Post  Inkab Thu Apr 03 2008, 03:55

Dear Hyun A,

Our topic wasn't that easy, was it? I enjoyed your different opinion from me and those ideas are so persuasive to me. Certainly English is the crucial method to share our knowlege and obtain various information from all around world. I believe i f we can find students' individual interests and relate those interest to studying English, our students will realize how much English is useful and beneficial to their future.Surprised
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP3] How English can benefit Korea as a nation. Empty Hyun-a's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Sun Apr 06 2008, 15:53

Hi Hyun-a,

Thanks for your essay, and it's good to see how much your writing is improving in terms of organization and presentation!

You've done a good job with the basic categorization style essay here, with your ideas clearly divided and presented. I liked the simple 'hook' at the start of the introduction, and I think you've presented details for each of your main ideas in a very cohesive way.

Just remember to try and summarize your categorization in the last part of your introduction.

Below I've placed some suggestions relevant to language development:

Hyun a Ji wrote: Question The world is becoming more globalized, the importance and need for the commonly used English becomes larger. In these days, Korean and other countries emphasize using English. There are several benefits for people learning English in Korea.

First of all, English can benefit economic part in Korea. If we can speak English, we can get a job in every world more easily. Koreans can make lots of foreign currency from other countries using English. In addition to, it is to make our dreams come true worldwide. Because it can be used as a crucial device for it and English is official language. English is inevitable for job entrance worldwide. Question Thus a person's treat in company gets better depending on English skill. Also, English can make lots of profits in international trade.

Secondly, Korean education can benefit from English. English can improve peoples' professional knowledge. English is a tool that is used in lots of professional books. We can get lots of information, knowledge. More than 90 percent of internet contents are written in English and English is necessary in order to seek useful information through the internet. Thus Koreans can learn lots of thing using English.

Third, We can get multi-cultural benefit from using English. We can make mupti-cultural society in Korea. It can make other country more familiar with Korea. They can have amity with us. Question It can help negotiation,agreement between them. Younger generation can make foreign friends as using English. Also,We can trip to anywhere in the world if you can speak English without any interpreter.

To sum up, Koreans can get economic benefit, educational benefit, multi-cultural benefit as using English. Even though improving our English skill is not easy, we should learn English. Because English is the world's language and in order for you to international stage, it is necessity.

Cool As the world becomes more and more globalized, the importance and need for a common language such as English become greater

Cool Thus, a person's opportunities in a company can improve depending on his or her English skill

Cool It can help negotiation and agreement between them

Now that you have generally mastered the organization aspects of an essay style like this one, your next priority becomes improving your written expression and language use.

You're showing excellent development - keep up the great work!

Best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jongwoo Fri Jun 06 2008, 09:20

I agree to your idea that English can help us get useful information that is not usually available in Korean. However, English education in Korea has put too much stress on attaining good grades in exams. This is why Koreans are not good at speaking in English no matter how enthusiastic they are about learning the English language.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down