English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

<OP3. How English can benefit Korea as a nation?>

5 posters

Go down

<OP3. How English can benefit Korea as a nation?> Empty <OP3. How English can benefit Korea as a nation?>

Post  Jihye Park Thu Apr 03 2008, 20:35

More and more, English gets important in the world. Although French or Spanish are using quite a lot of country, we can't deny that English is the most popular one. Then how about in Korea? Even though Korea is famous for conservation comparing other nations, English gets more popular as well. The reason why the language is popular is ultimately because of money. I mean it is related with financial things like getting a job in Korea. There are three benefit aspects using English for Korea and they are politic, economy and culture.

Firstly, English can help nation by politically. Above all, because English is the most globalized language, when nations' summits negotiate or greet usually they use English. If our presenters are good at it, we can make good relationship between nations. Of course we can use interpreter but that way make realionship more intimate and ultimately it will help to raise the Korea's image. In case of contract between China and U.K. about giving back Hong-Kong, if there wasn't Hong-jang Lee ,who was the leader of diplomatist and very good at English, they couldn't get it back. At that time U.K. required Hong-Kong saying they will protect it forever from another country and he knew that it was their trick. He suggeted that U.K. protect them for 99years because 99means 'forever' in China. Thus, commuting fluently he could save his nation and this was possible because he was good at English.

Secondly, it benefits for Korea's economy. Same case with politic, throgh negotiating we can make the situation beneficial for our country if we can use English fluently. Also if Korea's image changes into 'globalzed' or 'comfortable to stay using English' tourist will no more reluctant to visit to Korea and this can affect to earn money from all over the world. Moreover sending our people ,who wants to get a job in another country, to everywhere we can get another countrys' money and can make real meaning of 'globalization'. It will really help Korea to become strong.

Added to this, by cultural aspect, Like language affect to thinking we can get westerns' thought or concept which are benefit like freedom, no discrimination ,peace and so on. This will make Korea more energetic and vivid so Korea can be big affordable vassel.

To sum up, there are three benefit aspects which affect to Korea and they are politic, economy and culture. Using English they can make good negotiation between nations and upgrade their image. And also it helps to get money from all over the world and raise up our power in the world. However, these aspects are all related each other very intimately and all benefits are ultimately can be gathered into economic matter. If politic is run well economy will be better and if the number of commuting foreinger is raised economy also can be raised up.
Jihye Park
Jihye Park
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

<OP3. How English can benefit Korea as a nation?> Empty Re: <OP3. How English can benefit Korea as a nation?>

Post  Younghee choi Fri Apr 04 2008, 22:40

Your argument using a specific example of Hongkong is very reasonable and intelligible.
Lee's winning over the issue of returning Hongkong to China can be attributed to his good command of English as well as his brilliant conversation skill. His eloquent English might allow him to convey his thoughts clearly and explicitly.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

<OP3. How English can benefit Korea as a nation?> Empty You seemed that our discussion was helpful to write!

Post  Seyoung Yoon Sun Apr 06 2008, 20:25

Like me, you also got a lot of information and detail to support each of OP topics. Thanks to that activity, it was easy for me to write OP3. That wasn't only for me, I guess. You seem the same as me, don't you? I don't know whether I'm in the level which is high enough to evaluate your writing, but I'd like to say that your writing is also creating some fiture of the classic writing. I'm trying to be like you, too. Let's make our writing perfect, together!~
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

<OP3. How English can benefit Korea as a nation?> Empty Re: <OP3. How English can benefit Korea as a nation?>

Post  Youn Sujin Wed May 28 2008, 13:08

I agree with you on the point that English benefits Korea in political aspects, though I didn't come up with specific examples. It's so great that you used realistic example in your essay.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

<OP3. How English can benefit Korea as a nation?> Empty Re: OP3

Post  Jongwoo Sun Jun 01 2008, 10:39

You are right. We live in a globalized world so excellent command of English brings a lot of benefits to us.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down