English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me your Advice !

4 posters

Go down

Give me your Advice ! Empty Give me your Advice !

Post  AmyJun Wed Apr 02 2008, 20:01

Hi. This is my outline 4 below.
I think it is not enough, but I will really appreciate that you give good advice for me Smile
Thank you ~

Lesson Outline 4

*General Objective: Expression for Activity of school subjects

*Specific Objectives

- Learning about subject terms.

- Expressing and asking for an emotional reaction to something.

- Making Comparisons and stating preferences.

– Setting: in class, three students are talking about their transcripts.

Josh: How is your report card?

Amy: Not bad. Mostly B’s, but frankly speaking, I’m very disappointed. How about yours?

Josh: Pretty good. I got four A’s.

Ben: Are you serious? How did you do?

Josh: I just studied hard some subjects that I was really interested. They are English, Math, Music, and Ethics.

Amy: Wow. I can not believe that you are interested in Math. It is very difficult and boring.

Ben: In my case, Ethics killed me. I prefer History to Ethics. How did you feel about History?

Amy: It confused me, but I got A for History. I think History is easier than Math for me.

Josh: Did you? I got C on History. My homework scores are good, but I did not do well on my test. Anyway, do you think English is interesting?

Josh: I am partial to English. My English teacher is so funny and cool, and also he teaches well by trying to make us understand all contents.

Ben: I like him too, but weekend homework is more difficult than weekday classes. However, I am pretty sure that I can get a lot of learning, when I finish this class.

Amy: Of course. I’m going to study hard to get a good grade on the next semester. Cheer up and let’s make it.

A. Noticing

- Let them listen audio at first and pick three students to read the dialogue again. After that ask students to get into pairs and try to find answers to the following dialogue.

1. Which word does Josh say at first to start the conversation? [Prepare a real report card and show it to them. It can be a good way to show a scary face expression with that.]

2. Underline subjects that Josh is interested in. [Tell the students each subject term by using a timetable in a class.]

3. Circle the words that Amy dislikes Math. [Tell students how to emotion. For example, teacher can ask to them “Is computer game interesting or boring?” and some students will answer “It is interesting.”]

4. Which one does Ben like between History and Ethics? [Give an example to students by showing black pen and red pen. “Which color do you prefer?” and one student will answer like that, “I like red.” After that teacher can say again, “You prefer red to black.”]

5. What subject does Amy think easier than Math? [Teacher can ask to one student (her name is Sara), pointing a timetable, “Is Math easy?” and suppose the student says “No.” After that, teacher can ask again, “Is English easy?” and the student says “Yes.” Then, teacher can say by emphasizing at ‘easier than’, “Sara thinks English is easier than Math.”]

B. Drill

It is very difficult and boring. Interesting/tiring[/size]

You are interested in Math. Bored of /tired of Music/Geology[/size]

I prefer Historyto Ethics. Rice/Dunkin donuts Noodles/Crispy cream donuts

I think History is easier than Math for me. Apple/Hobbit bigger/shorter plum/Gandalf

1. Apply the drills chorally.

2. Have the students to cover the left hand side (where original drill sentences are), and the teacher can read out at first and make them repeat.

3. Ask the students to cover the right hand side (which are visible to them), and then the teacher can put in the new words in the original sentence, and make them repeat.

4. Have the students apply above in pairs in 5 min.

5. Make the students have a competition by a line and give a small prize to a winner.

C. Enunciation

Sounds

Mostly semester home
Enjoy English weekend

Words
Good work cheer
Sub-ject tea-cher a-ffect
cha-rac-ter se-mes-ter

Sentence Stress

How is your report card?
I think History is easier than Math for me.
I can not believe that you are interested in Math.

1. [Sounds] Ask the students to listen and repeat the sounds after the teacher chorally.

2. [Sounds] Give false models and let students say “no” and correct the teacher.

3. [Words] Use 1 and 2 above as well.

4. [Words] Let the students repeat the words by beating with their fist on their palm on each an emphatic syllabus.

5. [Sentence Stress] Have a student clap or tap a desk on each stress.

E. Discourse

-Have the students read below and correct the order logically.

Put the dialogue in the correct order.

I got C on History. [ ]
Not bad, mostly B’s. How about yours? [ ]
I envy you. I’m going to study hard to get a good grade! [ ]
I got four A’s on English, Math, Music and Ethics. [ ]
How did you get A on English? [ ]
I can’t believe that you are interested in Math. History is easier than Math for me. [ ]
How is your report card? [ ]
My English teacher is so cool, and that can be a reason that I got A. [ ]

1. Give the students a few minutes to put order correctly for themselves at first.

2. Make the students into a pair and share their answer.

3. Pick one student and read the dialogue with the student to confirm the correct answer.

4. Pick another student and practice the dialogue by changing some words or sentences that they want. [Ex: “How about yours?” “I only got A on English test!”]

5. The student who talked with teacher can start the conversation again with someone whoever he wants.
AmyJun
AmyJun
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Give me your Advice ! Empty Impressed!

Post  Hwan Ki, Kim Wed Apr 02 2008, 21:37

Hello! Amy.
Your lesson outline looks fantastic in my opinion.
Noticing part involves with all specific objectives.
Each catagory shows specific examples and explanations.
You will help many classmates. Thank you!
Hwan Ki, Kim
Hwan Ki, Kim
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Give me your Advice ! Empty Re: Give me your Advice !

Post  Gloria Kim Wed Apr 02 2008, 22:30

I'm just telling you what I'm thinking of. what about putting general objective, Specific Objective, Speaking drills, Enunciation, Discourse, and Productive part with Evaluation?! I don't know how to explain it correctly, but check the first sample outline that Jason uploaded. Probably, the last number of the outline ( I guess it was 8 & 9...I guess.) is the part what I've just mentioned above. Otherwise, I got pretty impressed with your lesson outline. Very Happy You're pretty fast, eh?

See you next week. Have a great weekends.

Gloria
Gloria Kim
Gloria Kim
Mover
Mover

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=513692224

Back to top Go down

Post  deep26 Thu Apr 03 2008, 16:47

Using a real report card will be a good way to help students notice certain situations and make appropriate
emotional reactions, I think. It's a cool idea. Very Happy
And, in my opinion, if you add a part which explains why you divided the words into 2 columns in Sounds part('m' and 'en' sound) to the students, your work will be better. And I think the students in the lesson can have a chance to understand that the 'm' can have variable sounds with the difference of the sounds incorporated through the words you put in the 1st colum of the Sounds part.
I'm doing my 4th lesson outline and I feel difficulty for it. I hope the forum members can get feedbacks from each other for better assignment!
Thank you for showing a good example!
deep26
deep26
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  AmyJun Thu Apr 03 2008, 20:25

Thank you all for your advice ~ I really appreciate that Smile
however, I didn't know that I had to add participation part at this outline, because I thought the participation part will be put from next outline. I must have misunderstood about that.
Thank you for letting me know~
AmyJun
AmyJun
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down