English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

please give me good advice

4 posters

Go down

please give me good advice Empty please give me good advice

Post  Hwan Ki, Kim Mon Apr 07 2008, 21:57

http://blog.naver.com/fankis/140050285733

This is my first time using blogs. sorry if there is any inconvenience.
Hwan Ki, Kim
Hwan Ki, Kim
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

please give me good advice Empty Hello! :D

Post  Jeong,HyoJin Tue Apr 08 2008, 19:08

I saw your lesson outline.
You did great job! Very Happy

What I just want to say is that
if the enunciation section is more creative, it'll be better. Very Happy

Fwanggi~ Have a good holiday. Very Happy
Jeong,HyoJin
Jeong,HyoJin
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

please give me good advice Empty Can I give some advice to you?

Post  Jung Yoojin Sun Apr 13 2008, 09:19

Hello, Fanky~
First of all, I doubt whether I can comment to your works or not. (Professo Jason, please forgive me ~)
Anyway, you are my friend I want to comment on yours.
I read your lesson plan and I would like to comment on your objectives.
Why don't you use "can- verb" instead of "will"? Because students need specific purposes to learn. Then 'will' verb sounds little bit vague. Try to use these such as , "Students can use the expression ~" , "Students can ask some directions "(examples)
How about that?
Do you think it's reasonable? ^^
I give cross fingers to you~
Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

please give me good advice Empty Re: please give me good advice

Post  Jason Renshaw Sun Apr 13 2008, 09:27

Jung Yoojin wrote:Hello, Fanky~
First of all, I doubt whether I can comment to your works or not. (Professo Jason, please forgive me ~)
Why don't you use "can- verb" instead of "will"? Because students need specific purposes to learn. Then 'will' verb sounds little bit vague. Try to use these such as , "Students can use the expression ~" , "Students can ask some directions "(examples)
How about that?

Hi Yoojin and thanks for offering your opinion to Hwan Ki - I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Actually, however, I think the way Hwan Ki has worded his objectives is correct. By using "will", he is stating clearly what he wants to happen in the class. That is the point of an objective. It may not succeed perfectly, of course, but it's good to have a strong and assertive objective at the start of our lesson, to guide our methodology and activities in a logical and disciplined way.

Taking on board your idea, though, it could be possible to use "can do" statements in our lesson objectives, for example:

The students will be able to:
1), etc.

or

By the end of this lesson sequence it is hoped that students can:
1), etc.

Thanks for your contribution and getting us all thinking a bit!

The students in the Methodology of Speaking class have rapidly become experts when it comes to professional lesson planning and outlining, and I'm immensely proud of them. They work so hard, always strive to improve, and never complain.

Your graduate classmates (as much as I adore them, of course!) could learn from them!

Take care,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

please give me good advice Empty oh~I 've got some ideas from you.

Post  Jung Yoojin Mon Apr 14 2008, 21:04

Professor Jason, thank you for your commenting on mine^^
It could be different thinking of me with him and you. Because I have learnt that we had better write specific and concrete way when you say your objectives.
Maybe I didn't take a class from you ,that makes me think in a different way. I will do as what you have advised in English class. And I learnt something from your comment and I could feel your advice implies a lot(isn't it? haha) And I could see they are hard workers throgh this online. We need to do so as well^^.
I also think our postgraduate students work hard as well even they are working during the day. I know we should push ourselves to develop further. I would like to say there are still many students do their bests on their classes. I hope all of our students who are taking your classes are able to develop their skills a lot~

Jason Renshaw wrote:
Jung Yoojin wrote:Hello, Fanky~
How about that?

Hi Yoojin and thanks for offering your opinion to Hwan Ki - I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Actually, however, I think the way Hwan Ki has worded his objectives is correct. By using "will", he is stating clearly what he wants to happen in the class. That is the point of an objective. It may not succeed perfectly, of course, but it's good to have a strong and assertive objective at the start of our lesson, to guide our methodology and activities in a logical and disciplined way.

Taking on board your idea, though, it could be possible to use "can do" statements in our lesson objectives, for example:

The students will be able to:
1), etc.

or

By the end of this lesson sequence it is hoped that students can:
1), etc.

Thanks for your contribution and getting us all thinking a bit!

The students in the Methodology of Speaking class have rapidly become experts when it comes to professional lesson planning and outlining, and I'm immensely proud of them. They work so hard, always strive to improve, and never complain.

Your graduate classmates (as much as I adore them, of course!) could learn from them!

Take care,

~ Jason

Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

please give me good advice Empty Re: please give me good advice

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down