English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Journal 2

+7
Inkab
Kanghoon Jang
Ko, Min-Jung
Youn Sujin
Eunsil
Younghee choi
Young
11 posters

Go down

Personal Journal  2 Empty Personal Journal 2

Post  Young Sun Apr 06 2008, 11:29

Importance of Exercise

How much are we confident in our health? Young people rarely care about their health because youth itself is health. There is one saying which everyone knows well: losing health means losing everything. I knew this saying, but I didn’t keep in mind until I recognized my health blinked a red warning light.

When I was young, I was famous for a very healthy girl. I liked eating and playing outside racing with friends or playing an elastic string game. Among three children in my family, I was the tallest and the chubbiest child considered the healthiest. My nickname was ‘dinosaur’s thigh’ that my siblings gave me. Also, I liked P.E. class and was good at all activities in P.E. class. Therefore, I don’t have bad memory which is about serious sickness when young.

How about now? I am a person who doesn’t like to do all kind of exercise. Where is Heeyoung who looked healthy and was good at physical activities? Comparing my pictures taken in my teenage to the pictures taken nowadays, I can find myself thinner but unhealthy. In addition, I have to sleep more than before as I feel tired easily. Furthermore, I really hate walking even not far distance. Suddenly, one day, I found myself weak physically and saying “I am tired” habitually.

I started to care about my health condition and thought about reasons why my health was declining. One of the reasons is that I work too much. Another one is I haven’t exercised at all since a high school student. So far, I only have tried to swim for 3 months and to work out at the fitness club for 1 week. It is natural that my body is not supple and strong enough to enjoy physical activities.

Finally, the obvious conclusion is that I have to exercise. One of my goals to achieve this year is starting exercise. To do this, I have to put time aside to exercise. Next step is that choosing the suitable exercise for me. Then, I need to just start and keep doing. If I miss this chance, probably I will not recover my health. I hope my awareness is not late and expect energetic, full of health-beauty Heeyoung.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Personal Journal  2 Empty Re: Personal Journal 2

Post  Younghee choi Sun Apr 06 2008, 21:09

It is always pleasing to find new and useful vacabulary whenver I read my classmates' writings. That's why I try to keep reading as much as possible. I learn something from it all the time.
As you pointed out, it is undeniable that health is our utmost assest and it can't replace even the most expensive thing we can buy.
It is not until we fall sick that we fully appreciate our good health.
I try to go to the gym every other day but I need to be conscious of my eating habit as well and do more exercise to stay fit because I feel chronic tiredness like you.

Since you have a child to take care of, it will be really hard for you to spare your time to exercise. You may start with taking a walk with your son more often than before.
I used to take a walk at a park around my place, but I get lazy and don't do it any longer. It was really good, though.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Eunsil Mon Apr 07 2008, 17:07

Yes!
It's really good just to think of how important excersise is!!
I have been swimming all my life, and it helps my health. I can feel it!
I think the most important thing is to fine what you like.
Cheer up, and I wish you success in your goal of this year!
Eunsil
Eunsil
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Youn Sujin Thu Apr 10 2008, 06:54

I perfectly agree with you! Actually, I regret that I didn't enjoy P.E. classes and exercise like you. I was too weak to work hard as a student in my school days. However, now I know that my health is the most important part in my life. These days, I do Pilates, which looks like Yoga(but it's quite different from Yoga). It really helps me keep in shape and healthy. If you are looking for a moderate and effective exercise, I strongly recommend Pilates.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Thu Apr 10 2008, 09:38

I was also a super healthy girl, but after having been taken to emergency room about 3 years ago, I'm always cautious about my health. When you get older, the health issue becomes the most important thing in your life.

You don't have to spend much money to keep healthy. I found that just 1 or 2 hour walking a day was really helpful, and boosts the energy in your body. Also have a lot of water. Laughing
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanghoon Jang Fri Apr 11 2008, 19:04

There are no questions about how important exercises are. However, I didn't excercise anymore even though I could make it. I always said that I am busy in doing something I have to finish instead of going to a gym to work out. I have felt that I am really tired every single moment when I do something until late at night, which mean that I need to exercise or even stretching. I should make time to do that!

I like every sports like basketball, baseball. soccer. These day, I have not found any chances to play those sports in campus, unless I join sport clubs, since I graduated in high school. That is really shame though!
Therefore, I should make other plans to exercise in different ways compared to before.

Best wishes,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkab Wed Apr 16 2008, 21:08

Aren't we now doing huge amount of exercise, wrestling and struggling with tough boys.
I've just came back from putting my boy to sleep. Due to his energetic, never-ending turning over in bed , I feel as if I did some hard labor (in deed, it takes such long time for him to fall a sleep. what's wrong with him and where is his father?!) I really hope that you can find some time for yourself and make it come true what you've decided now. And then I'll try to follow your challenging dream, doing what you think is exercise while studying and taking care of a child. I never discourage you, Heeyoung, and please don't misunderstand me eventhough what i'm saying might sound so discouraging. See you tomorrow in class . Wink
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Fri Apr 18 2008, 05:06

Your story(wrestling and struggling with your boy) sounds happy. My son was extremely active. He became better, but he is still very active. He always disturbs me when I do my homework at home, so I give up doing at home. Embarassed

I am not discouraged. Rather, thank you for your advice.
Let's be strong, super mom!!!
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jongwoo Fri Jun 06 2008, 10:24

Several months ago, I joined a fitness program that involves spin biking. It was at the KNU sports center that I registered for this special program. The biking was not an ordinary biking as you might imagine. The exercise was mainly about moving the upper part of my body rhythmically to the music riding the stationary bike. It was fun and highly effective in losing weight.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Personal Journal  2 Empty I agree with your opinion

Post  Ji hye Lim Mon Jun 09 2008, 09:56

Healthy is the most important thing. But most peope taking it all for granted when they are helthy. We must take care of our body when we are healthy but it's difficult. Regular exercise also really difficult. Especially, for lazy person like me.bounce

Last edited by Ji hye Lim on Tue Jun 10 2008, 17:36; edited 1 time in total
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyun a Ji Mon Jun 09 2008, 15:53

Even though your essay is so serious, ‘dinosaur’s thigh’ make me happy. Very Happy I also think good health is number one. As time goes by, I'm getting tired. I need to start working out. But it's too difficult in semester. I'm gonna go to gym upcoming summer vacation.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ju-mi,Im Mon Jun 09 2008, 20:06

One of my plans for summer vacation is to exercise.
During last winter vacation, I did yoga. It was very good for not only health but mind!
Also yoga made me relaxed.
How about doing yoga? Smile
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down