English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP4] Improving English Eduacation in your country

4 posters

Go down

[OP4] Improving English Eduacation in your country Empty [OP4] Improving English Eduacation in your country

Post  HyejinJeon Tue Apr 08 2008, 22:14

As English is an official lanaguage in the world, most people are eager to learn English. Korea is one of the most passionate countries in learning English in the world. However, our ability of English and achievement are not enough as we expect. In my opinion, to imporove Korean English education, we need more and better INSET( In service English and Training). Here are two reasons.

First, most teachers are very busy because they have to take care of their students and have administrative duties. Therefore, they don't have enough time to develop their ability. All teachers have teaching and administravitve duties. Not only are their teaching but also their duties important. Otherwise, the problems is that latter one makes teachers not concentrate on developing and analysing their teaching. So many teachers are very busy in conducting their duties such as dealing with an official document and check a school uniform. There are many administrative duties. For example, when I asked a new arrival teacher how her school life was, she told me that teaching was very fun and students were very interesting, but there were so many administrative duties. That was a problems. At that time, what I thought was if our government permited teachers to focus on developing their teaching such as the better teaching method, various materials, and interesting activities, our English education could be better.

Second reason is that most teachers do not want to develop their skills after being teacher. They are content with just being a teacher. That is not enough being teacher. Before becoming teacher, most pre-teachers try to improve their ability are very curious to know useful teaching methods and how to have lecture effectively. As they are in reality, they tend to lose their original intention. By giving them INSET, it is important to remind teachers the meaning of a good teacher and consistent self development. Because language changes, teachers must train themselves to get more competive with language, especially English. By offering INSET, teachers can improve their skills

In conclusion, one key thing that need to change in Korean English education is to offer more and better INSET. Through this program, teachers will be more competitive and teach their students well. There are some INSET, but it is not helpful practically. I think it exists nominally. We need various and better INSET. This is one of the solutions to improve Korean English education.
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP4] Improving English Eduacation in your country Empty Re: [OP4] Improving English Eduacation in your country

Post  Sera Jung Thu Apr 10 2008, 06:49

I agree with your opinion. It seems that many teachers don't put much efforts to develope their ability and teaching methods. If there are more and better training programs for teachers, it will help not only teachers to be more qualifed but the students to get better class.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP4] Improving English Eduacation in your country Empty Re: [OP4] Improving English Eduacation in your country

Post  Younghee choi Thu Apr 10 2008, 22:15

I think you are progressing more and more.
One thing to add, it would have been better if you had mentioned the relevant relationship between the teachers' excessive workload and the necessity of INSET. I could only see how teachers are burdened with a lot of administrative duties.
Great job, anyhow!
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[OP4] Improving English Eduacation in your country Empty Re:[OP4]

Post  Jongwoo Sat Jun 07 2008, 11:00

I think it is true that teachers are burdened with a lot of paperworks and lose their time that otherwise would have been spent preparing for a better class. We usually regards teachers' poor preparation for class as personal problems but to some extends, the school administrative system should be blamed for it, too.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down