English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 3

Go down

Journal 3 Empty Journal 3

Post  Young Fri Apr 18 2008, 05:14

Journal 3

Anne of the Green Gables

The cartoon Anne with Red Hair is Korean version of Anne of the Green Gables. When Korean people who are in my age hear Anne with Red Hair, they bring a skinny, naughty girl with red hair and freckles on her face to their mind. I also remember Anne in the cartoon that I watched when elementary school student. In that cartoon, the end of the story was that Anne was reconciled with Gilbert who had been on bad terms.

However, have you ever watched the movie Anne of the Green Gables? Actually, the author of this story, L. M. Montgomery, is Canadian. When I was in Canada, I happened to find the movie Anne of the Green Gable in the video shop. I was very interested in that movie, so I watched that movie. I was attracted with the heroine who played Anne. In addition, the whole story consists of three parts. They cover Anne’s life from about 8 years to about 40 years, and same main characters played in three series. Therefore, it was very interesting to see the process of main characters’ growing (Anne, Gilbert, and Diana).

There is P.E.I (Prince Edward Island) in north east of Canada. The setting of the story is P.E.I. and the movie was filmed there. In that movie, the scenery of P.E.I. was really exotic and picturesque enough to attract the watchers to visit P.E.I. The house where Anne lived stands surrounded by many trees and green grasses, and it has green gables. That makes the story’s title- Anne of the Green Gables. When Anne came to the house from an orphanage, she was moved by the house and described it with beautiful words.

In addition to the gorgeous setting, the reason why I love this movie is I like the character Anne. Even though she was an orphan, she was very confident, ambitious, and warm-hearted. She tried to achieve her goal very hard. Sometimes, I am not satisfied with my family background and the state of finances. I learned a lesson from her: no matter how hard one’s circumstances, a person with a way of positive thinking and warm-hearted can complete one’s goal and be happy.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down