English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 4

+3
Jung namsook
Seyoung Yoon
Youn Sujin
7 posters

Go down

Journal 4 Empty Journal 4

Post  Youn Sujin Wed Jun 04 2008, 03:14

I had so many dreams in my childhood. I wanted to be a scientist, a teacher, a pianist, a nurse and so on. Now, none of the dreams have been accomplished; I am still on progress. Particularly, I am doing English education course to be an English teacher, regardless of the specific reason.

Until I enter the university, I had never thought of achieving my dreams in my childhood. I forgot all of them while growing up. However, I found that there are still so many opportunities I can take, and that my life at present is always reversible depending on my thoughts and behavior. I thought that now it’s time to realize my dreams, which I had when I was innocent and knew what I really wanted to do.

I loved a variety of activities, especially playing the piano. Though I'm not sure that I was quite good at playing it, but at least I enjoyed it. From the age 7, when I first started to learn how to play the piano, my career ambition was to be a pianist in the future. In fact, I didn't like to practise playing the piano well. It's partly because of some strict teachers, and also it was mainly because repeating the same, monotonous melodies was not attractive to me. Still, I enjoyed making some different melodies, chord tones by myself.

However, I had to stop taking piano lessons since I entered the middle school. As you know, in korea, when kids enter a school, the importance of learning and studying becomes the number one priority. Of course, there was no exception for me, and my parents didn't want me to spend my time playing the piano instead of studying. Soon, I stopped playing the piano. At the very moment I stopped it, I was somewhat frustrated. However, there was a lot more things I had to do besides playing the piano, it was rather easy to forget about it and concentrate on my study.

Years passed. I graduated high school and became a university student. I thought I was free, though the problem was that I didn't find out what in the world I could do with the freedom. Therefore I spent about 2 years in vain, except for a little bit of academic accomplishments,

One day, I came up with the idea of playing the piano again. These days, i'm fond of jazz music especially, and I decided to take jazz piano lessons. It was a great idea to play my favorite music, with my favorite instrument. It's been about 3 months since I took my first jazz piano lesson. Now, I don't really mean to be a pianist, but I practice playing the piano pretty hard, and I love it as well. Taking additional, or maybe unnecessary lessons could have meant that I would have less time to focus on studying. However, instead, music added color to my boring life. My life became a lot more diverse, lively, interesting.

I think I found the right way I had longed for many years, and the answer was from my childhood, when I was ignorant of worldly values. I regret that I didn't discovered it earlier, yet I'm pleased I found it anyway. What's your dream? Why don't you try to find it in your early days? You might discover what you really wanted, like me.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 4 Empty It's very good to have a hobby

Post  Seyoung Yoon Wed Jun 04 2008, 10:48

Maybe most of the girls have similar kinds of experience about piano, I think. Most of them had taken piano lesson at least once, and they also quitted to play plano because they became sick of it. Me too, I had played piano for 5 years. But I cannot play it at all. Because it passed 10 years from the time I stopped to practice it. I think it's very good for you to find your genuine extra career except for Englsih thing. I also think though our major is English Education, there are lots of things we can do which are not related to the major. I wish you would find the job you want sooner or later.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 4 Empty Hi Sunjin!

Post  Jung namsook Sun Jun 08 2008, 08:20

I already learned that your are talented and it's amazing you're a music lady. How wonderful it is to be able to enjoy playing piano. It's very impressive that you could find a way to refresh your life. I think there's nothing in vain of life, however, we can value more time in life if we remind of what I've dreamt, have thoughts and behavior towards myself. We can share much time in trying more valuable things on us. As you said I also found the right way I had longed for many years. Now I'm hoping to ask myself what I really would do.
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Journal 4 Empty Re: Journal 4

Post  Kanghoon Jang Mon Jun 09 2008, 09:40

About dreams... well, I have many words for that. I think that we don't have to try to find our real dreams because it comes to you unexpectedly based on your experiences. I am one of the people who want to find dreams earlier than other people do. However, as time goes by, it doesn't help me. Always things happen unconsciously. I can't predict future even my dreams. Since that, all I have to do is just to see what is going on about that. Of course, I have dreams that I really want to come true. However, I don't try to find that because if I keep making efforts about what I have loved, it would come to me earlier than I expect.

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Journal 4 Empty About dreams.

Post  Cho Jun-woo Mon Jun 09 2008, 12:32

Honestly, I don't know well about my dream. When I entered university, I really wanted to be a teacher but not now. In my person thinking, teacher is some kind of boring job. I'm looking for my dream, yet. But I have hobby like you. I like sprots, swimming, billiards and baseball. When I'm exercising, I can feel nothing. I think it different with others. But that's why I like sports.
Cho Jun-woo
Cho Jun-woo
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung Mon Jun 09 2008, 14:46

When you talked about your piano lesson , I could feel that you really enjoy it. I feel also happy that you finally find what you really love to do.I have thought what hobby might be great for me to feel interested in. After reading your essay, I decided to find some activities from my early days' experiences. thanks !
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyun a Ji Mon Jun 09 2008, 14:47

I also had many kinds of dream. Maybe all the people had their fantastic dreams. When I was middle school students, I wanted to be manager for famous actor. And then, I also wanted to be curator in museum. After lots of concerns and thinkings, I decided to become teacher. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down