English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope

+6
Jason Renshaw
Jung namsook
Kanghoon Jang
Young
Younghee choi
Inkab
10 posters

Go down

OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope Empty OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope

Post  Inkab Sun Mar 16 2008, 00:50

In my mid thirties, I often think of what I would look like after 10 or 20 years later. I imagine an elegant, sophisticated middle aged woman with generous, respectable personality. She has a vigorous passion on her work, shares sicere love with her spouse and her child who meets parents' expectation.

Dreaming of this seemingly perfect future, however, A sudden fear arises in mind. What if my husband's clinic doesn't prosper and I don't have a decent job to support our living? Suffering from the financial difficulty might be able to destroy our love and marrage. Hardship of life might deprive smile of my face as well as my personality. Poverty of the old age is really frightening thing, and the most fearful one is the lack of a strenghth to overcome that obstacle;
therefore, I stay in a miserable and hopeless life, reproaching myself.

Right now being a professor to teach exuberant college students would be the ultimate goal of my education. Yet, If I get back to the essence of a life and think about the elements there should be for a happy life, this goal sounds a bit trivial. My greatest hope is to be spiritually strong enough and cope with lots of difficulties I would encounter through the path of life. I also want to be a person who strives continuously to achieve many goals until I die. I really respect those living a humble life and freeing from worldy desires. Mother Teresa and Pianist Baek, Gun-Woo are my role models. I admire their dedication and continuous passion toward life.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sat Mar 22 2008, 20:46; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Subject)
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope Empty impressed!

Post  Younghee choi Sun Mar 16 2008, 18:32

I believe our life is composed of dark and bright side of it. Planning and visualizing the future is sometimes necessary, but don't waste your time sticking to the dark side which may not be happening.
I am sure you will realize your dream if you cling to your greatest hope.
What beautiful spirits you are modeling after!
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope Empty Be spiritually strong!!

Post  Young Sun Mar 16 2008, 20:30

Hi!

I enjoyed your essay late at night. Uncertain future is everyone's fear. Only if, like you, people are strong spiritually, I think they can get over.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope Empty there is no word describing this one!

Post  Kanghoon Jang Mon Mar 17 2008, 07:22

I am moved..
I totally agree your opinions too. Sometimes I also worry about my family things..
But really hard to find solutions about that so far. I never give up my thinking of family.
I am going to pull it off based on my efforts and love! I hope that you can do that too! Like a Star @ heaven
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope Empty Re: OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope

Post  Jung namsook Wed Mar 19 2008, 20:28

Dear Inkab

How wonderful your name it is. It sounds professor's name so that you were born to be a commendable Dr. in the future. Many of students in the class want to have English-related job. I thus enjoy this class more than any other. I'm excited to meet highly dedicated classmates like you here in the class. We can drive each other to go for our dreams and share good and bad things in life.

Your realistic concerns are quite impressive to me; many of ladies in the thirties would be trying to work out those worries.

Bye,

Namsook
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope Empty Inkab's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Thu Mar 20 2008, 08:02

Hi Inkab,

Thanks for submitting your writing here. I think you've expressed and rationalized your greatest fears and hopes very well. I also think several other members of our class would be able to relate well to the things you explore in your writing.

Just be a little careful with your spelling, as there are some words there spelled incorrectly that I think you actually know how to spell. A little bit of checking and editing will help you a lot :-)

Below you'll find some suggestions related to language development:

Inkab wrote: Question In my mid thirties, I often think of what I would look like after 10 or 20 years later. I imagine an elegant, sophisticated middle aged woman with generous, respectable personality. She has a vigorous passion on her work, shares sicere love with her spouse and her child who meets parents' expectation.

Question Dreaming of this seemingly perfect future, however, A sudden fear arises in mind. What if my husband's clinic doesn't prosper and I don't have a decent job to support our living? Suffering from the financial difficulty might be able to destroy our love and marrage. Hardship of life might deprive smile of my face as well as my personality. Poverty of the old age is really frightening thing, and the most fearful one is the lack of a strenghth to overcome that obstacle; therefore, I stay in a miserable and hopeless life, reproaching myself.

Right now being a professor to teach exuberant college students would be the ultimate goal of my education. Yet, If I get back to the essence of a life and think about the elements there should be for a happy life, this goal sounds a bit trivial. Question My greatest hope is to be spiritually strong enough and cope with lots of difficulties I would encounter through the path of life. I also want to be a person who strives continuously to achieve many goals until I die. I really respect those living a humble life and freeing from worldy desires. Mother Teresa and Pianist Baek, Gun-Woo are my role models. I admire their dedication and continuous passion toward life.

Cool In my mid thirties, I often think of what I might look like ten or twenty years later

Cool Dreaming of this seemingly perfect future, however, a sudden fear arises in my mind

Cool My greatest hope is to be spiritually strong enough to cope with the numerous difficulties I may encounter on the path of life

I hope those ideas give you some things to think about. Overall, your writing is really great and I think it will improve easily to reach a very impressive level.

Take care and see you in class,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope Empty Your baby is so cute.

Post  Hyun a Ji Thu Mar 20 2008, 19:15

Hi, Inkab~
Your baby is sooooooooooo cute.

I also fear my future. But I think fear is the greatest motivator. Because of uncertainty about the future, we always try to make better life. It can make us move.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope Empty Re: OP1: deepest fear and greatest hope

Post  Jihye Park Fri Mar 21 2008, 05:26

Good morning!Smile
I'm enjoying your writing. Hm, first of all.. I really envy you cause I think you're going on your way already and you've got a baby and husband! You and your husband are young, so don't worry about the health-problem. Instead of it, with the concern, do good to your family including yourself and show them your affection, then they'll be happy by your love:)
Jihye Park
Jihye Park
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Fri Mar 21 2008, 20:02

You've already achieved the half of your hope by beginning to study here. You'll be an excellent student and mother because your family will be always there to support you. Good luck!
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung Fri Mar 28 2008, 07:24

The kid next to you in the photo looks so lovely!

Reminding of my self and what the future would like to be is sometimes stressful because of uncertain nature of it. However by this kind of process, man can come out of their own shell to go toward better and mature state . I am impressed with your passion for the life and your dream.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down