English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal Entry 4

5 posters

Go down

Journal Entry 4 Empty Journal Entry 4

Post  Hyun a Ji Thu May 29 2008, 05:25

What are the effects of television on study habits?

I believe that television has some effects on study habits. Thanks to the television, students can experience a variety of things. Television attracts students by showing exciting and colorful images vividly.

However, television has bothered students’ imagination. Students just watch it without thinking or criticizing. TV shows them unlimited images and information constantly. Students don’t have much time to process a lot of information from the TV and to make their own, and television doesn’t wait for its viewers.

As a result, students are getting more impatient. They want immediate pictures and sounds, so they don’t want to do things that need more patience and effort in their study. Students are also passive receivers. They can’t interact what they got from the TV with someone. Thus, they are becoming more passive even when they learn something new.

In North Korea, television is called as “a foolish box.” It means that TV makes people become foolish. Students don’t want to think creatively. They think thinking is tiring and boring, so they can’t be creative on their studies.

As a result, their imagination ability decreases and disappears little by little. The effects of television on study habits are serious. Societies demand people who are more creative and smart as it is getting developed. However, students are getting more dull and foolish because of television.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 4 Empty Re: Journal Entry 4

Post  Jongwoo Mon Jun 02 2008, 20:47

I agree to your idea that TV is making children impatient and passive receivers. It also obstructs the development of creativity. I believe that parents must restrain their children from watching TV too much. Besides, parents should lead them to do more outdoor activities. Undoubtedly physical activities will enliven both bodies and spirits of children.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 4 Empty Yeah, though there are good points too!

Post  Seyoung Yoon Wed Jun 04 2008, 10:56

Duo to television, we can easily access to any information just sitting in the room. That could be a problem as the mounts of information-the overflow of information. I cannot watch TV, because in my room there isn't TV, actually. However whenever I go to my 'real' house, the first thing my parents and my brother do is turning on the TV. It seems a routine of life like turn on the light in dark room. That much TV is involved in our lives. I'm sorry because of TV we are deprived of interesting outdoor activities or the time to talk among family members.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 4 Empty I think so however...

Post  Cho Jun-woo Mon Jun 09 2008, 09:20

I agree television makes children more passive and fool receiver. It's serious problem. Not even television, computer is more serious problem recently. If you look at the PC room you can see many elementary school students. They are playing adults game without any limits. I think every matirials can be a posion but at the same time it can be honey. How can use it that's our question.
Cho Jun-woo
Cho Jun-woo
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Younghee choi Mon Jun 09 2008, 09:45

Actually, I don't have TV because my eyes feel tired when I watch it.
I used to have TV but rarely turn it on.
One of the reasons I don't buy TV is its addictive feature.
I know that once I started to watch TV, I can't stay away from it.
As Jun-woo pointed out, Computer or the Internet plays a role similar to TV nowadays.
Just as TV has a harmful impact on children, computer also deprives children of their study time. Actually, computer provides us with more than TV does.
To be frank, I can't live without the Internet. The Internet gives us a great convenience if it is used in the right way.
Maybe, we have to teach children how to turn TV or computer to their advantage.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down