English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal Entry 5

5 posters

Go down

Journal Entry 5 Empty Journal Entry 5

Post  Hyun a Ji Sat May 31 2008, 10:40

Pride & Prejudice

This movie is about classical romance between youths. The story takes place in the countryside in England. An actress, Keira Knightley plays Elizabeth (Lizzy) who is smart and confident. Elizabeth believes love is the most important thing in a marriage. An actor, Matthew Macfadyen who plays Daracy is very cold, and he is proud of his prestigious family. He thinks a good blood line is very important in his marriage. Elizabeth and Daracy fall in love, but they don’t reveal their minds easily. They misunderstand and hate each other. Darcy has too much pride, and Elizabeth has too many prejudices about him. Finally, they are getting to know each other’s love.

I like the beautiful countryside scenery in England in the movie. In the opening scene, Elizabeth walks along the river reading a book. Personally, I like this scene very much, because Keira Knightley looks very smart and pretty and shows the character of Elizabeth in the movie. Also, the ending scene is very impressing. At a dawn, Elizabeth and Daracy confirm their love, and Daracy kisses on the back of her hand. This scene is very romantic. Pride & Prejudice is the best romance movie that I have ever seen. I could also see lots of beautiful scene in Atonment that same director.

Through this movie, I could think what is marriage. I felt how difficult it is to meet husband sincerely. Once upon a time, marriage was an economic contract and 'love matches' nearly unheared of. In this movie, lizzys' parents wanted she marry a stable person if she doesn't fall in love with him. But she refused him, her family really scolded her. In the movie, she luckily meet better person; darcy, it is difficult to meet perfect person like darcy again in reality. Even though its story happend a long time ago, we could also see situation like this in drama, movie. Many people do an arranged marriage through parents, professional company. Supporters of arranged marridges point to higher success rates, lower divorce rates. However it seems a little sad to those who wants to marry lover.

Moreover, I realized pride and prejudice obsruct to seeing real spirite. Appearances and first impression can be deceiving. It's impossible to know whole person in just one meeting. However most people judge other people by appearences. In this movie, Lizy misunderstood Darcy's inward, and then she is getting to know she made an error.

Actually I recommend both this book and movie. They each has benefits and great things. When I read this book, it was too hard to interpret old vocabulary. However the story developed slowly, carefully, so I could founder this story absolutely when I read it. In the movie, it was good thing that I could see beautiful landscape like real setting.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 5 Empty Re: Pride & Prejudice

Post  Jongwoo Sun Jun 01 2008, 08:50

This movie touched me a lot, too. I liked the beautiful sceneries and the sweet melody of the BGM.
But the best part of the book was including various characters. Futhermore, each of them all represents someone who is seen around us. So watching the movies or reading the book gave me a chance to think over people around me and think about my own pride and prejudie.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 5 Empty I also like this movie.

Post  Ji hye Lim Fri Jun 06 2008, 18:44

This movie was also really impressive for me. I think that most women can sympathize with this kinds of story. I always think that there arn't many movies which focus on the woman. So I like this kinds of movie. Compare with the novel, this movie was not bad. Every element of the movie was well balanced. Razz
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 5 Empty Re: Journal Entry 5

Post  Inkab Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:18

I frequently noticed students carrying this book, and thought that if it's a course book I won't take that class by any chance since the volume of the book was kind of overwhelming to me. However, your introduction and review on the movie based on this book sound so romantic, as you said, I might decide to take it for next term. I enjoyed your journal.
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 5 Empty RE pride and prejudice

Post  Cho Jun-woo Mon Jun 09 2008, 09:54

I also watch this movie and read a book, too. Actually, I don't like these movie. I like actions or thriller movie. I watch this because of my girlfriend. But it was good. photographing method was especially good. If you like these style movie, I want to recommand "Note book". I don't know if you watch this movie.
Cho Jun-woo
Cho Jun-woo
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 5 Empty Re: Journal Entry 5

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down