English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 9 tolérance

+2
Seyoung Yoon
Ji hye Lim
6 posters

Go down

Journal 9 tolérance Empty Journal 9 tolérance

Post  Ji hye Lim Mon Jun 09 2008, 18:13

Tolérance is french. This means tolerance. Tolerance is very important spirit in the France. They speak this word very often. Tolerance means understanding each person's different style. Although someone's style is not match with me or I can't understand their way of thinking, do not blame. Recognize their difference just as it is.

I think that Korean should learn this attitude. Although Korean's attitude has been changed, We still can't understand difference. We don't like too unique style person. We treat them as a distinct species.

when I was high school students, One of my classmates was little different with us. She really liked japanese idol group. She wanted to resemble them in appearance. So she cut her hair uniquely. I heard that she wear cospre costume sometime in downtown. By some gossip, She liked woman. We didn't left her out in the cold directly, but We did veiledly. That times I was young. However I still don't understand someone who are not match with me.

Under this situation, Unique individual will be incorporated in common people. Then our society will lose color and live in blak and white.

Understanding someone who are different with me, is really difficult thing. However remember this, when we recognize individual, Our society will be rich with more various constitute member and creative thinking.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 9 tolérance Empty Tolerance...

Post  Seyoung Yoon Mon Jun 09 2008, 21:42

It is not easy to understand people who are different from us. The majority takes the power of society, the common need is accepted as ordinary. I think Korean society has little regard for the feeling of unpriviliged people. As the society becomes more competitive, there are less room for these people. That's pathetic!
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 9 tolérance Empty Re: Journal 9 tolérance

Post  Younghee choi Mon Jun 09 2008, 22:16

Your journal reminds me of a book, A taxi driver in Paris, written by Hong, Sehwa. He emphasized the virtue of tolerance in harmonizing the country as it is. Come to think of the attribute of tolerance, there is a thread of connections between tolerance and respect. To respect others means to respect their opinion and accept them as they are. Tolerance is required to us living in the society where community spirit and unity are valued. Thank you for raising a good topic.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung Thu Jun 12 2008, 19:21

As you always select the essay topics from various fields such as movie, music , your hobbies and so on, it is really interesting for me to read your essays and it evokes sympathy. This time you wrote your journal about your thought on tolerance. As you mentioned , most Korean have tendencies not accepting differences from others. I always try to do new and different things , but it is not easy to break my boundary and accept distintive features from others. I also need to accept others' dissimilarities as it is.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkab Sat Jun 14 2008, 00:05

It might not be easy for people in your ages to recognize the virtue of tolerance since accepting diversity is not a natural human characteristic, and people usually show their hostility or hatred to whatever diversed from their standard. Throughout years and experiences, I tried to be an open minded person in trust that it is the golden rule to accomplish my own maturity of personality. However, Still, in many situations, I find myself so biased and try not to be like that.
I think it is on-going process.
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Sat Jun 14 2008, 10:18

I also learned the word 'tolerance' from the book 'Taxi Driver' that Younghee just mentioned above. I think it is the most important word that Koreans must import from France, not just wine. In fact, I don't know how frence nationality is like, because I cannnot think of French people without the French lady Ida Dossie, who is very talkative and always busy with something. Laughing However, I remember I was deeply impressed by the busy people with all the races on the street and their immigration policy.
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down