English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 5 - The religion.

3 posters

Go down

Journal 5 - The religion. Empty Journal 5 - The religion.

Post  Seyoung Yoon Mon Jun 09 2008, 20:39

What is your religion? Are you a believer in Buddhism, a Christian, Hindus, Muslim, or Catholic? If I take my example first, I'm close to a Buddhist. Though I'm not a strong believer in Buddhism, I like temple and the peaceful atmosphere and beautiful scenery where it is situated. In Korea Christians and Buddhists are consisting of the main stream in religion. In fact, the birthday of the religion's organizer is national holiday. Compared to the case of Middle East, though our nation is not devided into several parts according to religion, there are some conflicts between religions from time to time.

For example, someone who have narrow-minded religious spirit speak ill of other religion and compel others to believe his religion. Traditionally, religion hasn't influenced to Korean seriously in the way they think and act. During Joseon dynasty or other histories of ancient Korea, Buddhism was choosed as national religion through the influence of China-because it is the closest country with Korea geographically. However it is just a cultural thing which remained in our custom and cultural assets. Thus we don't have any history extremely obssesed by religious mind. However interestingly, if you take a good look at the characteristic or behavior of a person who has specific religion, you can be acknowledged to he is not ordinaries. That means a religion definitely exerts somewhat influence on our thought.

I was amazed at the power of religion. I don't know very well about the situation of the countries having religious problems among nations, however, the bloody war and struggles to keep their religion gave me a great impact. Typically thesedays, the Tibet's efforts to get independence from China is an issue around the world. The Chinese government's undesirable suppression is earning grievance from other countries. What drives Tibetan to fight for the powerful chinese government? How can they face directly with all the odds? That's also the existance of religion. A religion gives them a power to fight for whoever on the way of their religious freedom.

You can easily see some of your friends who find their relaxation with their belief toward God. They think everything happening to them is intended by God. They just do what they have to do and wait for the results. They don't be anxious to get something without their reach but just wait. Sometimes I envy them because they seem that they don't have any fear or worries. They empty their every greed or desire. They think that if they did their best and then the result is out of their hands. It seems quite a fatalistic attitude.

Like as I mentioned above, because I am not strong believer of specific religion, what I know would be very minor thing. Nevertheless I can assure you that there are respectable religious leaders and some of believers who are not eligible to profess themselves believers at the same time. Two types of believers coexist so that we cannot judge which religion is good or bad. That makes me more interested in the power of religion. Closing the essay, I wish that I would have a chance to study each religion's doctine someday.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 5 - The religion. Empty Re: Journal 5 - The religion.

Post  Younghee choi Mon Jun 09 2008, 21:26

It is not exaggerating to say that human history is in the same vein as the history of religion. This means religion has really had a great impact on human life. I don't belong to any specific religion. I am accepting all kinds of religions as sacred and valuable. I've gone to church and catholic church when young. I also believe in Buddhism and respect the words of God and Buddha. I will respect the lesson from Koran though I've never been exposed to Muslim. I believe religion was created by human beings for their spiritual convenience. Religious dissensions stemmed from humankind in the name of religion. For this reason, human beings who fight over religion are self-destructive.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jung namsook Mon Jun 09 2008, 21:59

Religion! It has too many sides in which I see the benefits that relieve people in extreme needs nobody possibly could help. It has been causing to sacrifice innocent people in the world, though. Religion might be everything to some people while it could be worthless to others. Religion is very individual option and can be depending on the culture and tradition people belong to. However, many of religious people do not admit and depise other religions. When I see them they have no idea what's core in their religion. It's love and understanding that never have to pass on.
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down