English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Journal 4] My practicum.

2 posters

Go down

[Journal 4] My practicum. Empty [Journal 4] My practicum.

Post  HyejinJeon Mon Jun 09 2008, 21:03

On April and May, I made a special memory, practicum.

On first week, I went to an elementry school affiliated to Kyungpook University. Actually, I was worried about students nowdays. I hear that they are different from my childhood. They grow early and are like adults. However, my misunderstanding was broken as soon as I arrived at there. They were so cute and naive. Each class, there were 15-16 student teachers. Each person was charge in two students. For one week, we watched and talked with them. Student teachers observed how class was done and student's participation. The most surprise was class participation. As soon as a teacher asked them a even small question, all students raised their hand and tried to express their opinion without anxiety. Most student teachers were shocked because it is hard to find any participation in middle and high school. Moreover, they were not afraid of making a mistake. Although someone made a mistake, they didn't shame and laughed at him/her. When we had a lunch, we wondered why middle and high school students avoid expressing their opinion and recalled our shcool days. I think a teacher as well as their home background affects their attitude and that's why a teacher is very important.

For 4 weeks, I was in Kyungpook girl's high school. Because I graduated from a girl's school, I was deeply moved, otherwise felt uneasy. At there, I experienced a social life and became aware of the influence of teacher. Before practicum, I just worked at the center library. Through this practicum, I know that being on time and undertaking is important again. In addition, I knew the power of a teacher. I talked with my student about entering university. I encouraged her to do her best and told her my experience in my high school. Later, she told me that she changed her goal because of me. When she told me that she changed her goal, I was moved and found the meaning of becoming a teacher. Moreover, my students were matured, sometimes I thought they were like my friends.

5 weeks were hard time for me. I got up early and was strung up all the time. Frequently I skipped breakfast and was stressed out because I prepared for class. However, it was very special experience, and I found the true meaning of becoming a teacher. Still I miss my students and student teacher's life even if it was hard. I can't forget all my students who were like angle and called me teacher.
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[Journal 4] My practicum. Empty Re: [Journal 4] My practicum.

Post  Hyun a Ji Mon Jun 09 2008, 23:59

Yes. Teachers' practicum give not only pleasure but also stress because of preparing lesson. I was tired of critics from my collegues after my class. It was very stressful to me. But it gave me lots of confidence, a kind of management skill. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down