English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Journal 7] Difficult times during the teaching practicum

+3
Youn Sujin
Inkab
Younghee choi
7 posters

Go down

[Journal 7] Difficult times during the teaching practicum Empty [Journal 7] Difficult times during the teaching practicum

Post  Younghee choi Sun Jun 01 2008, 21:54

[Journal 7] Difficult times during the teaching practicum in Guam high school

After a week of teaching practicum in an elementary school, I started a real teaching practicum in Guam high school. Since the school was near my place, I could save time in commuting from home to school. Leaving behind a lot of good and bad memories, the teaching practicum finally was over yesterday. Since there are many things to say, Id like to focus on difficult times that I experienced during the practicum in this journal.

First of all, looking back, it was really demanding for me to manage to do both teaching practicum during the daytime and working afterwards at a language institute for my part time job. To be honest, I hate postponing work, but I couldnt help delaying posting journals and OPs on the forum which were assigned to me during the practicum. I am quite busy with making up for it now.

Another difficult time that I had in the school was supervising over students mid-term examinations for three consecutive days in the beginning of the practicum. 29 student teachers from various universities including myself were asked to supervise over the tests three hours a day. I had to stand still not to interrupt the students taking tests. It was very boring and I got easily tired.

Thirdly, getting up early was hard for me after 4 hours sleep nearly every day. I was supposed to go to school by 7:55 a.m. which was regular school-going hour for the first two weeks and 7:30 a.m. for the last two weeks to do some extra work such as guiding students in front of the school gate and picking up garbage around the school.

Lastly, for a reason, I had to teach a class two times called Euljong Sooeup in which a student teacher gives an instruction as a representative of English Education department in the presence of other English teachers and the school principal. The first Euljong Sooeup was a mess since the computer in my class didnt work at all. I had to improvise alternative teaching then.

I dont know how I managed to finish the teaching practicum in spite of the fact that I really had a bad cold during the last half period of the practicum. I think it was the passage of time to help me overcome the hardships.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[Journal 7] Difficult times during the teaching practicum Empty Re: [Journal 7] Difficult times during the teaching practicum

Post  Inkab Wed Jun 04 2008, 16:08

I can't imagine how I would 've dealt with the class in the situation like yours,where the computer didn't work out, and all the teachers were watching and waiting for your performance ( Can I call it performance). Since you have a lot of teaching experiences, I think you could manage that terrifying situation successfully. I am wondering how much this practicum reinforced your desire to be a teacher. Then I will be glad if we can share your experience in the next writing class. See you~
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[Journal 7] Difficult times during the teaching practicum Empty Re: [Journal 7] Difficult times during the teaching practicum

Post  Youn Sujin Wed Jun 04 2008, 16:27

You're so amazing! How could you keep on teaching in that difficult situation? If I were you, I could do nothing when my teaching material was not available. I'm wondering how you improvised your alternative teaching. By the way, on reading the first sentence, I was quite surprised. To tell the truth, I instinctively thought of Guam, which is a famous tourist resort. clown
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[Journal 7] Difficult times during the teaching practicum Empty We are having special experience!

Post  Seyoung Yoon Wed Jun 04 2008, 17:17

Compared to the students who are not in teacher's college, we are having the precious experience. Maybe I will go to my practicum next year. I heard about teacher's practicum had a lot of work to do in a short time, so that for 4 or 5 weeks it's really busy to cover everything. However this is your seventh journal! You are better than me in postiong journal even though I didn't went to practicum. I'd like to know about story of the interaction with students but there's no contents of it.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanghoon Jang Thu Jun 05 2008, 04:18

I think that you learned a lot from that. Before going to real work, if we can experience about that, that would be great because we can prepare for the difficulty that we already experience. I also got a internship that I wanted to last winter vacation. However, although I have desired that job, there were a lot of obstacles. I wanted to quit and I didn't want to go there but looking back, that is the one of the best experiences that I have ever made. Therefore, I already got a job earlier than other people do. I am really sure that you are going to be successful in your field based on your experiences.

Good luck~

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung Thu Jun 05 2008, 11:39

Though you had difficult time to manage all your work ,I think you might learn a lot from teaching practicum. I heard the students in Daegu National University of Education are required to go teaching practicum every year, 4 times . I also think if we have more chance to experience real school situation for more times, not just once, it might help a lot to prepare teaching and think about teaching methods.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji hye Lim Sun Jun 08 2008, 18:50

I also supervised students’ test. It was really boring time. You just slelpt for 4 hours during one month. You might be very tired. Under this situation, you even did representative lesson. You are wonder woman!! Very Happy
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down