English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP1: My fear and hope - Jumi Im

+4
Jueun, Jung
Young
Younghee choi
Ju-mi,Im
8 posters

Go down

OP1: My fear and hope - Jumi Im Empty OP1: My fear and hope - Jumi Im

Post  Ju-mi,Im Sun Mar 16 2008, 07:46

Hello. I'm Ju-mi Im. I write an brief essay about fear and hope.

My deepest fear is to lose people around me. There are many reasons to be parted from each other. They could be misunderstanding such as relationship problem including a quarrel or distrust and avoidable circumstances such as house-moving or death. It could seem like silly concern. However sometimes I think this kind of thing and feel fearful seriously.

My great hope is to live happily with my precious family and friends. Whenever I get a chance to go to temple or see a shooting star although it is considered as superstitious belief, I pray for everybody's health. I think the most important thing in life is to be well. Of course not only I but also other people hope that too.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sat Mar 22 2008, 20:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Subject)
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

OP1: My fear and hope - Jumi Im Empty I agree

Post  Younghee choi Sun Mar 16 2008, 18:49

It is really true for our happiness to be affected by the people we love. To lose them causes us fear and to get them brings us happiness because we are social animals.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: My fear and hope - Jumi Im Empty I agree

Post  Young Sun Mar 16 2008, 20:17

Hi!!
My hope is same as yours. That's right- being happy with family.
However, I think sometimes we can't recognize the happiness from family because family is with us all the time.
Good night.

Wishes,
Young
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: My fear and hope - Jumi Im Empty Re: OP1: My fear and hope - Jumi Im

Post  Jueun, Jung Tue Mar 18 2008, 05:53

As you said, it seems that people around us are the best thing in life. Some people put money or fame first before any other things and sacrifice themselves and their family but those things can go away quickly and be faded away soon. Then they have nothing left. As I get older, I like my mom more and more. Sometimes it seems that we are friends sharing many memories. Hopefully, you will have lots of memorable moments with nice people around you.

~Jueun
Jueun, Jung
Jueun, Jung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Tue Mar 18 2008, 12:49

It seems that you are a very warm-hearted person. Don't lose the present status of your mind and love your people around you. I also wish all the happiness and luck in your life!
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: My fear and hope - Jumi Im Empty I deeply agree with you.

Post  Youn Sujin Fri Mar 21 2008, 18:58

Losing someone is one of the hardest matters in our life, especially when we become estranged from our friends because of distrust. Several years ago, I made a silly mistake and made one of my friends disappointed. It destroyed our friendship and we are not friends anymore. After that, I always try to treat everyone politely. I think it's important to make efforts not to break good relationships.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: My fear and hope - Jumi Im Empty Jumi's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Sat Mar 22 2008, 14:30

Hi there Jumi,

Thanks so much for your response to this topic. I also owe you a small apology: I meant to give feedback first to the students who posted responses earlier than others. Yours was one of the first responses and I didn't notice it until later. In any case, I'll try to get back to you quicker next time!

Being parted from other people is a common fear and a very human one. I think many other students in our class could relate to the fear you express. This is also linked to your hope, showing that family and friends are very important to you.

I like the simplicity of your response, and you've organized your thoughts on both topic aspects (fear and hope) very clearly. I think you could have provided some more detail in each (and even some sort of personal example in the first paragraph about your fear), but what you've done here is a great start.

I was a little unclear about whether your great hope was happiness with friends and family or being well (healthy). I guess they are connected, but which is the main premise of your hope? You start with happiness with friends and family, but later saying "being well" is the most important. You need to clarify this.

Just remember also that you do not need to introduce yourself and the task at the start. Your name is already attached to your post, and we're all familiar with the topic. Instead, try beginning with a short introductory paragraph to show the reader that you are going to write about your deepest fear and greatest hope.

Below are some suggestions relevant to written language development:

Ju-mi,Im wrote:Hello. I'm Ju-mi Im. I write an brief essay about fear and hope.

My deepest fear is to lose people around me. Question There are many reasons to be parted from each other. They could be misunderstanding such as relationship problem including a quarrel or distrust and avoidable circumstances such as house-moving or death. Question It could seem like silly concern. However sometimes I think this kind of thing and feel fearful seriously.

My great hope is to live happily with my precious family and friends. Question Whenever I get a chance to go to temple or see a shooting star although it is considered as superstitious belief, I pray for everybody's health. I think the most important thing in life is to be well. Of course not only I but also other people hope that too.

Cool People can become parted from one another due to a variety of reasons

Cool It may seem like a silly concern

Cool Whenever I get a chance to go to a temple or see a shooting star - although it may be considered a superstitious belief - I pray for everybody's health.

Great first effort, anyway, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your writing in the future.

Best regards,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jihye Park Sun Mar 23 2008, 08:40

Absolutely! People on my side are the most precious!Smile
Jihye Park