English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope

+2
Hwan Ki, Kim
itchyfeet51
6 posters

Go down

OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope Empty OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope

Post  itchyfeet51 Wed Mar 19 2008, 10:39

When I was young, about 7 or 8, at that time I was really scared of the fact that we all would be dead in the end. Of course not right now but anyway clearly there's the end. I guess after seeing my grandfather's death, for a while 'death' was serious topic to me.

Every night I used to have nightmare that 'death monster' attack me over my body. I was so scared that I pulled my blanket up to my head, I thought if I cover whole body with the blanket then I could avoid the death monster's attack. Maybe that kind of superstition would be derived from a scary story which I was told at that time.

Now, I'm already late twenties but I'm still scared death or even more than before. As I get older I had to see my relatives' death or my friends' parents. Every time I heard these sad news it reminded me the fact that we all would be dead in the end and it made me very sad and feel empty.

There's the end but there's a new start as well, which means 'heaven' or something like that. That is my greatest hope. I can't prove it but I want to belive in 'the life after death'. We are all mortal human. There's no way but doing one's best in this life. Living happy and passionate life, that is the best way we can do.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sat Mar 22 2008, 20:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Subject)
itchyfeet51
itchyfeet51
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope Empty Re: My deepest fear and greatest hope

Post  Hwan Ki, Kim Wed Mar 19 2008, 16:31

Thank you for meaningful time to think back of my life.
As I read your article, it reminded me of few people who went to heaven
earlier than me. I always believed that they are smiling down on me in heaven.

In my opinion, life can be meaningless in perspective of dead ones. However,
we have many reasons to live unregretful life eventhough we have no clue of
our destiny.

You should not worry because I have seen many cases that outcomes are totally
opposite from what people worry. People who think they are healthy get severe diseases.
Hwan Ki, Kim
Hwan Ki, Kim
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope Empty Re: OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope

Post  Younghee choi Wed Mar 19 2008, 21:13

It seems like everyone has an experience of witnessing someone's death.
Maybe we need to learn how to get over it.
I think one way of consoling ourselves at the sight of death is to get wisdom from books.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope Empty itchyfeet's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Thu Mar 20 2008, 07:16

Hi and thanks for your journal entry. It is very well written and your fear of death comes across very well!

I think next time you might like to explore the other part of the topic (hope) more than you have. Your writing here is very much weighted towards exploring the concept of death (and both fear and hope were the central ideas of the main topic).

I've put some suggestions for your language development below:

itchyfeet51 wrote:When I was young, about 7 or 8, at that time I was really scared of the fact that we all would be dead in the end. Question Of course not right now but anyway clearly there's the end. I guess after seeing my grandfather's death, Question for a while 'death' was serious topic to me.

Every night I used to have nightmare that 'death monster' attack me over my body. I was so scared that I pulled my blanket up to my head, I thought if I cover whole body with the blanket then I could avoid the death monster's attack. Maybe that kind of superstition would be derived from a scary story which I was told at that time.

Now, I'm already late twenties but I'm still scared death or even more than before. As I get older I had to see my relatives' death or my friends' parents. Every time I heard these sad news it reminded me the fact that we all would be dead in the end and it made me very sad and feel empty.

There's the end but there's a new start as well, which means 'heaven' or something like that. That is my greatest hope. I can't prove it but I want to belive in 'the life after death'. We are all mortal human. There's no way but doing one's best in this life. Question Living happy and passionate life, that is the best way we can do.

Cool Not right now, of course, but in any case clearly there's the end

Cool for a while 'death' was a serious topic to me

Cool Living happy and passionate lives - that is the best we can do [OR the best way we can exist]

Just be a little careful with using articles and singular/plural ideas correctly. They don't hurt the general meaning of your writing, but these are the kinds of errors that people notice.

A very good first effort - I'm looking forward to seeing more of your writing in the future.

Take care,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope Empty Re: OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Fri Mar 21 2008, 20:09

It seems that not only the students here but also many people are afraid of the death of their own of another. In my case, the fear gets bigger as you have someone responsible for. As you said, we only have to be true to today to overcome the fear for the death to come eventually....
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: My deepest fear and greatest hope Empty Re:[OP1]

Post  Jongwoo Tue Jun 03 2008, 06:16

I like your conclusion. You are looking at the brigher side in the darkness of death. Although we are running toward the death, we are still alive and we can willfully achieve a lot of things during our lives.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down