English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twisty-Turny Story: May 22, 2008

Go down

Twisty-Turny Story: May 22, 2008 Empty Twisty-Turny Story: May 22, 2008

Post  billy Sun May 25 2008, 06:41

Written by Kim Boyeun, Kim Hyunjin, Cha Yoobin, Park mi-hyun and Bae sung-han, Kim young-ah.^^

- Comparing with the past English education.....

Hi!~ It's the year 2015. I am a Korean student and I have just graduated from high school. I really have to say that I feel very proud of and confident in my English proficiency. I am not a special student. I'm average. But almost all "average" students in Korea these days like English and can use it well. That's because English education in Korean public schools is very different now compared to 10 years ago....

First, to make English practical, all of the students take part in intensive English course after finishing their regular class. In the certain area where students reside from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm, students should speak in only English. For example, they order dinner cafeteria which looks like American cafeteria in English, and take courses only in English. By practising there programs, the ability of students has been improving remarkably.

Second, there are two native teachers in a class. My English classes are divided by three levels of English proficiency. If we pass the exam, then we can go higher level. The class consists of various aged-students. Sometimes I feel blue because of so smart 2nd-grade students even though they are much younger than me. Then, I always try to improve my English.

Third, there are lots of influence of wester culture. Students feel comfortable about it. They are ready to accept all of western culture including when they wake up in the morning, they eat bread while watching English AP and PBS news. They go to school with their foreign friends. They have a lot of time to listen and speak English. In 2015, many things will be different from us.

Fourth, we have better education or training system for teachers. All the courses in teachers college are taught in English. They do more practicum. All English teachers have master's degree as well. The government offers full support for English teachers to keep studying.

Fifth, there is one more thing to say why students in 2015 speak English fluently and comfortably. The universities in Korea now have different entrance tests in university. Compared to the past entrance examination, people in universities accept more proper policy for students to come in school. Of course, English is used in interview between teachers in colleges and students from high school.

Last, since 10 years ago most parents kept the time-capsule of their own children. In that time-capsule, they've various things about the children(future children in Korea) Of course, in Korea, even sometimes in Chinese letter. But influenced by English atmosphere, every parent has ketp the time-capsule of their children of course, in English. "So, in every home, parents can tell and show their important children everything in English as well as in Korean. Naturally, the children will be exposed to the English(Korean as well) environment. And after growing up and attending pre-school, kindergarten, and school. The children and the studnts naturally speak and learn every class.
billy
billy
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down