English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Journal 8] Donation.

3 posters

Go down

[Journal 8] Donation. Empty [Journal 8] Donation.

Post  HyejinJeon Wed Jun 11 2008, 04:44

My donation started at 13 years old. One day, I read help from Unicef in the newspaper. There was a picture of African children. I was so sorry, so I decided to donate small money. Each month, I spent 2000 won. At that time, it was big money.
This donation had continued 2006. As I grew up, the amount of money became more.
Because of a book touching me, I started to support foregin child in Africa. I can see his picture and know his name. This donation has still continoued.

The reason why I continue to donate is it makes me happy. Besides, I'm pleased when I can help other people. Sometimes I think if I were born in undeveloped country, could I survive or not? When I think it, I thank my parents.

Well, what makes me donate is this sentence: Donation is done when you share even small thing with other, not when you are rich. This sentence changes my thought about donation. The amount of my first donation started from 2000 won. It's was not big money, but it offered African children food or antibiotic. If I don't buy snacks, I save my friend. It was shocking.

In my opinion, people tend to think donation is difficult and the amount of donation has to be big. However, it's not true. Donation can be everything. If you teach children for free, or you go to Tae-An peninsula to remove oil, that is donation. Unfortunately, it is not common to donate because people seem to think donation is big thing. Our government tries to change this thought.

Andrew Carnegie said that God gave him money, and making money and more was his duty. Besides, it was his duty to spend money that he made for the poor.

Last edited by HyejinJeon on Wed Jun 11 2008, 05:19; edited 1 time in total
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[Journal 8] Donation. Empty Re: [Journal 8] Donation.

Post  Ji hye Lim Wed Jun 11 2008, 05:10

I'm deeply touched by your journal. I always think that donation is difficult because I don't have much things. But now, I'm shamed that I didn't share what I could. Our society must learn Andrew Carnegie's mind. Especially, rich people in our society don't have this mind. They must have noblesse oblige.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Sat Jun 14 2008, 10:09

I also donate 20,000 won every month for UNICEF. In fact, it started from an article of a man who donates every monty for african children. It was really moving. I don't know if you can find it now, but I hope everybody could read it. Anyway, I want to respect you for your noble deed. It's really worth it.
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down