English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me

5 posters

Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty [OP2] A teacher who inspired me

Post  Kanghoon Jang Sun Mar 30 2008, 22:36

I had a English teacher who inspired to speak English every single moment 4 years ago. I was really willing to brush up my Englsih, especially speaking skills, to get the permission to go to Kyoto University as a exchange student. However, I didn't have any ideas regarding that because I just finished my military service.

My lovely sister gave me good advice, at that time, that I had to memorize English sentences. I didn't believe that but at least I wanted to try to do that because my sister was successful to speak English thanks to that. I always memerized some English sentences, going to cram school too. When I was in cram school, I met that English teacher in classroom. First of all, I did talk to him about my situations that I have to go to Kyoto University as a exchange student for English and how to speak English fluently. However, he just smiled for some reasons. At the same time, he wanted me to speak English with him every moment. Of course I started to do that but it made me really hard to spaek up. Fortunately, as time goes by, my speaking skills got better and better thanks to him because he always waited for me to speak English clearly and let my English corrected in his lenience. Plus, he gave me the opportunities to meet many foreigners for drinking which mean that there were many chances to explain me to them using English. After 6 month, we did talk about our dream more and more. he already got MBA degree in USA, but because of something that he can't tell me, he had to work in there. Therefore, he gave me enormous advice concerning that field. We had really wonderful time.

Suddenly, he didn't contact me anymore and no one knows where he was going to and where he is living now. I really tried to call and email to him but there is no answers all the time. I want to show him that I am really definately better than before regarding English and I am still big fan of English. Honestly, I have been finding him using other teacher working in that cram school and email. I am still waiting for his answers. I miss him so much because he is a first English teacher who gave me great inspiration and aspiration of English. if I hadn't mee him, i wouldn't have spoken English like now.

Always take care!
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty Re: [OP2] A teacher who inspired me

Post  Younghee choi Tue Apr 01 2008, 21:39

I agree that practice is the best way to improve speaking skills.
The more chances to speak we have, the better English speaking skills we will get.
Although people are very good at reading and writing, they will suffer oral communication problems if they don't have any chance to practice speaking.
I found your speaking ability is impressive.
Practice! Practice!
Let's practice!
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty thank you for responses!

Post  Kanghoon Jang Thu Apr 03 2008, 20:18

thank you for your response here. Well, I concentrated on my speaking skills too much. That's why I am not good at writing English concerning some topics. The reason why I did that I wanted to speak English as much as I can. I dropped out several classes to hang out with my friends when I stayed in Japan. To be honest, I lost my GPA points a lot due to that. However, I never regret my decisions to do. Thanks to that, I have sincere friends in the world who always give me solaces and inspirations when I got depressed. Plus, I finally knew how to speak English, which mean that I have my own ways to speak up.

I am not lazy person and never give up earlier than other people. Based on my experiences, however, sometimes we need to change our ways to cope in difficulty. That is why I was sort of success concerning English.

Don't get me wrong. I am not cocky. I just want to share my ideas about English becuase I love English too much. If someone take my English out of my heart, I couldn't live in my life anymore!

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty I also didn't speak out any English words.

Post  HyejinJeon Thu Apr 03 2008, 20:49

Rigth after graduate from a high school, I took English conversation class in KNU Language Center. Except me, all classmates were a university students. That was why I was extremely shy and nervous. My teacher was Korean, but she lectured in English. At first time, I was very shocked and was worried if I could take this course or not. When I told her my problem, she encouraged me to take her class continuously. Also she told me that Practice makes perfect.Thanks to her, I could be conficent and could speak my opinion. I practiced what I would say next class. It makes wha I am.
Recently, whenever I am so stressed out, I tell myself that Practice makes perfect!.
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkab Thu Apr 03 2008, 22:28

Younghee choi wrote:I agree that practice is the best way to improve speaking skills.
The more chances to speak we have, the better English speaking skills we will get.
Although people are very good at reading and writing, they will suffer oral communication problems if they don't have any chance to practice speaking.
I found your speaking ability is impressive.
Practice! Practice!
Let's practice!

Hey Wizard~

thanks to you, we now know the name for the fourth level. It's already 2 in the morning.
let's get some sleep sweetie! Oh, I forgot wizard might not need to sleep....
just Kidding, forgive me. I must be insane because I'm so jealous of you to hop to the next level.

good night I love you

By the way, kanghoon gave me an important suggestion for developing speaking skills.
memorizing and practice. memorizing and practice. I will keep that in mind ssir!
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty here are my ideas more..

Post  Kanghoon Jang Fri Apr 04 2008, 05:53

One of the my best ways to speak English out is to watch English movie. I have seen the "Family Man" because I like the situations where we can see in the movie. However, it turns out that it made my English great too. I always turn on my computer to heard English sound from the movie as soon as I get home. I do nothing but unconsciously I can feel something connecting to English that I can't tell here. I can image and broaden my ideas concerning English also I can memorize amount of lines that I am interested in easily for some reasons.

Some people could say that I watch English movies but there is nothing. I want to say then that I have been watching that movie at least two hundred times even more. Now, I can say that I really enjoy English instead of studying English. I don't know why but when I speak English and listen to it, it always makes me excited and be eager to follow the rule of native-speakers ways to speak.

Finally, I realize that A langauge is not just the tool of communications. There is something more based on my experiences like cultures, interests, unforgettable memories with my sincere friends. That is why, I can't live my life without English. It is really parts of me.

Best wishes,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[OP2] A teacher who inspired me Empty Kanghoon's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:27

Hi Kanghoon,

Thanks for your effort with this topic. Unfortunately, it suffers from a real lack of focus and organization. You have transmitted to some degree your experience with a teacher and how it inspired you, but this essential information is wrapped up in a lot of peripheral unnecessary topic-wandering. You've written this generally the way you might talk about it conversationally, which is why it gets lost in a variety of tangents and exhibits little in the way of cohesion or organized sequence.

I've highlighted some parts of the essay below to show you:
1) green - these parts are off-topic or just not required in the composition in the sections they are located
2) red - these parts are not really appropriate for an academic essay

Kanghoon Jang wrote:I had a English teacher who inspired to speak English every single moment 4 years ago. I was really willing to brush up my Englsih, especially speaking skills, to get the permission to go to Kyoto University as a exchange student. However, I didn't have any ideas regarding that because I just finished my military service.

My lovely sister gave me good advice, at that time, that I had to memorize English sentences. I didn't believe that but at least I wanted to try to do that because my sister was successful to speak English thanks to that. I always memerized some English sentences, going to cram school too. When I was in cram school, I met that English teacher in classroom. First of all, I did talk to him about my situations that I have to go to Kyoto University as a exchange student for English and how to speak English fluently. However, he just smiled for some reasons. At the same time, he wanted me to speak English with him every moment. Of course I started to do that but it made me really hard to spaek up. Fortunately, as time goes by, my speaking skills got better and better thanks to him because he always waited for me to speak English clearly and let my English corrected in his lenience. Plus, he gave me the opportunities to meet many foreigners for drinking which mean that there were many chances to explain me to them using English. After 6 month, we did talk about our dream more and more. he already got MBA degree in USA, but because of something that he can't tell me, he had to work in there. Therefore, he gave me enormous advice concerning that field. We had really wonderful time.

Suddenly, he didn't contact me anymore and no one knows where he was going to and where he is living now. I really tried to call and email to him but there is no answers all the time. I want to show him that I am really definately better than before regarding English and I am still big fan of English. Honestly, I have been finding him using other teacher working in that cram school and email. I am still waiting for his answers. I miss him so much because he is a first English teacher who gave me great inspiration and aspiration of English. if I hadn't mee him, i wouldn't have spoken English like now.

Always take care!

Please don't take this criticism too much to heart. Already since submitting this particular task, I've noticed huge gains in your writing ability and you are really getting all the priorities in place. This composition is just a small hiccup in the natural process of improvement.

You're doing well, so keep that chin of yours up, and that pen of yours moving!

Best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanghoon Jang Fri Apr 11 2008, 12:25

Hi, Jason.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I already noticed my fault of essay so I sent you another one instead of this. How about that? Are you still working with that to make feedback?

I have gradually known what you want me to write and what kind of things I should write. Thank you again for being patient. I am going to try to be better and better!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Lovely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down