English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 3 Ennio Morricone

5 posters

Go down

Journal 3 Ennio Morricone Empty Journal 3 Ennio Morricone

Post  Ji hye Lim Mon May 12 2008, 19:23

Do you know "cinema paradiso" ? That is very old movie. Although you can't see the movie, you might hear the title. When I was elementary school student, I watch the movie with my father. A long time has passed, but I still remember the last seen and it still warms my heart. Because of the movie, I become really like movies until now.

There are many reasons why the movie gives strong impression. However, if someone ask me choose just one reason, I will say because of music without hesitation. The music increases impression twofold. If there is no such a wonderful music in the movie, It can't gives such a strong impression to me. Ennio Morricone is a composer of the music.

He was born in Italy, 1928. His father was jazz trumpet player so he could accept music naturally. Since he was very young, his talent was outstanding. He was not originally composer of film music. When he entered this job and come in to the spotlight, he was already over 40. Before he composed film music, he was trumpet player in the jazz band, classic musician and composer of the Italian pop singer. These various experience can enrich his music afterward.

Except "cinema paradiso", he composed a lot of film musics. His well known works are "Once Upon A Time In America", "Love Affair", "The Mission" and "Crossing the Line". All his musics are perfect match for each movie and loved by many people. Although he composed uncountable wonderful music, Academy award hadn't given him Oscar about music. The reason might be that he is not American However they gave him Honorary Oscar in 2007.

This moment, I write about him by listening his music. His music warms my heart as usual. When I feel sad or depressed, His music comfort me like close friend. I really thanks to him to make wonderful pieces.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 3 Ennio Morricone Empty I also like his music so much.

Post  Hyun a Ji Sat May 31 2008, 06:41

One of my friends who lives in seoul saw Ennio morricones' concert. She really impressed his music with tears in her eye. Because his music was really impressive, even though he wasn't young, he really conducted a concert with passion. She really boast about going concert. So I also really wanted to go there, but it's too expensive; ticket and traffic expenses. Crying or Very sad
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 3 Ennio Morricone Empty I really enjoyed reading your journal!

Post  Jongwoo Mon Jun 02 2008, 20:29

I really enjoyed reading your journal since I love listening to music in movies. Among many beautiful tunes, my favorite is "Love Theme" composed by Ennio Morricone. It's truly an outstanding piece of music that will lasts perpetually. I would be very happy to learn more about his music. Would you please be kind enough to share some more of his music?

Last edited by Jongwoo on Tue Jun 03 2008, 07:14; edited 1 time in total
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 3 Ennio Morricone Empty Re: Journal 3 Ennio Morricone

Post  Youn Sujin Tue Jun 03 2008, 01:40

I love his music, too. I got to know about Ennio Morricone because of Love Affair. The music is quite relaxing but impressive as well.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 3 Ennio Morricone Empty Yeah!~ That kinds of music is O.S.T. right?

Post  Seyoung Yoon Tue Jun 03 2008, 12:50

We can call that sorts of music as O.S.T. right? (I don't know the meaning of these abbreviation.) The backbround music of movie or soap opera affects influence to the emotion of audience. I think you are one of that audiences! In case of me, I was touched by the O.S.T in the movie "Romeo and Juliet". I cannot rememtner the exact name of the music, but the song which was quoted at the end of the movie was very wonderful masterpiece, in my thought. I recommend you to hear that song and see the movie too.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji hye Lim Fri Jun 06 2008, 17:29

Seyoung~ O.S.T means original sound track. Wow, you like Romeo and Juliet O.S.T . By the way, which Romeo and Juliet? Leo's or Olivia's? I like Leo's "Romeo and Juliet " O.S.T .Especially, I like "kissing you" which was quoted at the sence that they first met.
Jongwoo~ I will inform you more about his music.
"Magic Waltsz" and "Playing Love" - The legend of Pianist O.S.T
"Titoli"- A Fistful Of Dollars O.S.T
And I heard that he will compse Korean movie O.S.T . Title is "song of string". I really expect this project. Laughing
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down