English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 6- Student teaching for 5 weeks

4 posters

Go down

Journal 6-  Student teaching for 5 weeks Empty Journal 6- Student teaching for 5 weeks

Post  Ji hye Lim Sun Jun 01 2008, 18:56

It seemed very long period but It passed so fast. I spent first 1 week at the Sadae Buseol elementary school of Kyungpook National University and spent 4 week at the Kyeongsang girls' high school. Experience of elementary school and high school was very different.

When I was in the elementary school, there were many student teacher in each class. About 10~12 student teachers were assigned each class. So each student teacher was in charge of two students. So I can more concentrate on two students. Students also more concentrate on their assigned teacher. At the elementary school, we don't have to prepare lesson. Instead, we must observe students all day at the back of the classroom. We also prepare a small sports meeting. It was very hard time but it was very fun time. Especially, elementary school students were very cute. They really liked us. They showed us big interesting directly.

when I was in the high school, We don't have many students teacher. So We were assigned each class. So I had to care 35 students. 4 week was very short time to know 35 students. And high school students don't show their interesting directly like elementary school students. Even Some students seemed don't care about me. So first time, become friendly with the students is little hard compare with elementary school. But as time went by, We open our mind each other and We can share more deep feeling compare with elementary school students. At the high school, I must prepare lesson. There were many student teacher who was majored in french but there were not many french lesson. So I couldn't have many chance to teach french. I only have two chances. At the first time, I was happy because I didn't have to prepare many lesson, but after my last lesson, I really wanted to have more lesson.

Yesterday was my last day at the high school. Through this period, I can aware of my want of ability. I feel that I need more study and preparation. And I also find worth and fun of this job. This may is very special month. I can't forget this experience and students who called me teacher for the first time.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 6-  Student teaching for 5 weeks Empty What a great experience!

Post  Seyoung Yoon Wed Jun 04 2008, 11:03

I also want to teach French at high school!~ Actually I dreamed to teach French at the high school I graduated from, although my major is English. You know, there are so many people who are really really good at English, however, in case of French, the case is different! So I think students are very interested in your ability, aren't they? Because French is not familiar to common high school students. I think you did a good job teaching students and communicating with them. I am looking forward to my teaching practicum next year!!!
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 6-  Student teaching for 5 weeks Empty Re: Journal 6- Student teaching for 5 weeks

Post  Youn Sujin Wed Jun 04 2008, 15:56

You must have had a valuable experience. I haven't gone to schools to see how teaching practicum is like, but I can remember my highschool days with student teachers. They looked special, brilliant to me and they were kind-hearted. I'm sure your students thought like that too.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 6-  Student teaching for 5 weeks Empty Re: Journal 6- Student teaching for 5 weeks

Post  Hyun a Ji Mon Jun 09 2008, 16:44

Your essay reminded me good memory in attatchement elementary school. I took care of students in first grade. They were so cute. Because they are so young, they always raise their hands actively. It's so sad their activeness in childhood is getting rare as time goes by.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down