English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP10:It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class

4 posters

Go down

OP10:It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class Empty OP10:It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class

Post  Kanghoon Jang Mon Jun 02 2008, 22:36

It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class.

The new government has announced that they are going to try to build small size class for English because it is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in big size class. Many dedicated teachers who always organize lectures plans well are eager to approaching to students for understanding. However, it is really not easier than teachers and students expect. Thus, I totally agree this opinion based on my experiences. If it is possible to set small size class up in school, it is effective that teachers would have individual attention more and students would accumulate achievements of English.

First of all, teachers would be able to allow more individual attention to students in class if it is possible to make the small-size class in school. Based on my experiences, for instance, we have been studying English for at least more than 10years. However, when we studied it in middle/high school, there were 50 students in class, which means that we did not have any opportunities to speak English and to question freely for teachers when we have something curious in books. Therefore, teachers also could not effectively approach what they had prepared for lectures. However, if teachers can set up small-size class which comprise of 15 students or less, they can more concentrate on students who has many questions and need helps such as English four skills; speaking, writing, listening, reading skills even grammar from teachers.

Secondly, students would increase achievements if there is small size class. Basically, students have their own dreams that they want to achieve in class. However, if they have fewer chances to express something in class, they would be disappointed at classes and then make themselves cannot be motivated. For instance, my young generations who was willing to studying English really hard had really slight chances to express our opinions during the English lectures in middle/high school. That is why our English four skills would be not as good as the next generations who are supposed to be able to make small size class in school, which mean that they have many opportunities to do whatever they want to in class such as group activities, speaking drills and extra helps from teachers. Finally, they are going to achieve the goal that they are aimed at more and more as time goes by.

In conclusion, it has been true that it has been not easy to provide students with the effective English language instruction in school due to big size class. Therefore, our English four skills have not followed the international standards and most of students who studied English in middle/high school in big size class gave expressions up in class. However, if we can keep trying to make smaller size than now, we would be able to achieve what we have never expected in class and to provide qualified classes more than now. Moreover, the new government should gather many people’s opinions that students need small size class for English and realistically try to set them up in school.
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP10:It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class Empty Hello Kanghoon~

Post  Jung namsook Tue Jun 03 2008, 13:40

It's not easy for teachers to cover up over 30 students in a class. Nonetheless I think it wouldn't be a good idea that new government try to always focus their education policy on the supercial getting. If I were a teacher, I would prefer low students to high students ratio. However, we shouldn't oversee more qualified class by competent teachers irrespective of the number of class in a class. It is apparent that we should establish better quality class at the same time lowering the number of students. I'm just hoping our English wouldn't be imbalanced between quality and quantity.

Last edited by Jung namsook on Thu Jun 05 2008, 13:07; edited 1 time in total
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP10:It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class Empty Re: OP10:It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class

Post  Young Thu Jun 05 2008, 13:03

I enjoyed your essay and I could see you already became an expert of English Education. I think it is necessary to cut down the size of English classes. We have experienced both types of English classes- big ones and small ones whether we studied in public or private English context. Also, we admit small-sized English classes are surely effective.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP10:It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class Empty Re: OP10:It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class

Post  Jason Renshaw Thu Jun 05 2008, 13:29

Kanghoon - reading this essay I am incredibly impressed by how much your writing skill has improved during this course. Look back at one of your first essays and then read this one... It is like chalk and cheese. You have definitely developed a good ability to write clear, well-argued and expressed academic essays in English.

~ Jason
Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanghoon Jang Sun Jun 08 2008, 20:11

Jason, really thank you so much. I have just followed what you have wanted us to do. However, I need to improve more until I catch up the other people who are better than me. I have enjoyed your classes for this semester and I have improved my writing skills and even other English skills too. That is why, I like your classes. I can meet many people who are really intereseted in English and I can find my improvement thanks to you.

Really Really thank you so much again!

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down