English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP10 : Is it impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class?

Go down

OP10 : Is it impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class? Empty OP10 : Is it impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class?

Post  Ju-mi,Im Mon Jun 09 2008, 12:25

“It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class.” I disagree with it.

Of course, if the number of students decrease in each class, it will be better for teaching and learning English. However it’s difficult to make such an ideal class we want right now in reality. We have to accept the fact and find the best ways to meet our desire in the situation.

I think the success of class is depending on a teacher himself or herself. It’s teachers’ ability that organize, plan and teach class despite its educational situation. The more teachers try to do their best, the better students follow them. I observed and experienced it during the student-teaching practicum. Even if there are a number of students in one class, by doing group or pair activities or grouping the class by ability, teachers can make efficient class.

Additionally, if environmental factors such as a small number of students, better teaching and learning materials or native speaking teachers, are added to these efforts, it’ll become possible to implement the most effective English language instruction in Korean schools perfectly. I think so and hope that dreams come true soon.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down