English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Journal 4] A Short Reflection on the future

4 posters

Go down

[Journal 4] A Short Reflection on the future Empty [Journal 4] A Short Reflection on the future

Post  Jongwoo Mon Jun 02 2008, 23:36

Will my future be better than the present? Many of us make predictions about the future. Some say it will be brighter than it is now. In such positivism we find consolation. People love to hear about great things, development and growth, that will be achieved in the future. On the other hand are the skeptics. They insist that the future will be dark and gloomy. We despair and sometimes even panic. No one would enjoy such predictions. That is why they are called skeptics, disbelievers. But will the future be bight as we all want it to be? What will the future be like? Compare to the present, would it be better or worse? As a matter of fact, it is not important which side I hold onto. More important must be what I am doing at the moment. Predictions at the future are meaningless without efforts in the present. Predictions are predictions after all. They are nothing more than vague assumptions. We shouldn't just wait for the future. We have to make the future. Put all our efforts to shape the future as we want it to be. My future may not be as bright as I expect, but if I do our best now, it will certainly be the best future I can possibly have.

There seems to be some kind of positivism toward the future, commonly shared by every human being. When we are beaten by the present circumstances and become drained out, we instinctively hope that the present would go away and yearn for the future, holding onto the groundless belief that it will be better than now. However, without any efforts at the present, the future will not be as bright as we hope it to be. As the famous saying goes, the future belongs not to the people who wait for it, but to those who prepare for it.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[Journal 4] A Short Reflection on the future Empty Re: [Journal 4] A Short Reflection on the future

Post  Sera Jung Tue Jun 03 2008, 11:18

The saying you quoted is impressive. Usually people are concerned about their future more when they don't prepare for it properly. I also talk to myself that instead of putting my efforts to worry about uncertain future , do something for it.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[Journal 4] A Short Reflection on the future Empty I totally agree with you.

Post  Seyoung Yoon Tue Jun 03 2008, 12:43

The future is the creature by the one who live his life. I also think positivism or skeptism is less worthy than our decision how to live our lives. I am one of the people who believe positive reinforcement! Like as the book "Secret" said, people have amazing ability to make what they wants come true. They called it as the law of attraction. I guess there's nothing that we cannot do with our continuance and sincerity.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[Journal 4] A Short Reflection on the future Empty Re: [Journal 4] A Short Reflection on the future

Post  Kanghoon Jang Tue Jun 03 2008, 18:47

Of course, all we have to do is to make our efforts to change our future. Everyone knows that we cannot predict our future even if we are eager to doing something we want to. However, without constant efforts, something extraordinary would not happen in the future. Nowadays, the society gets dog-eat-dog and it is really hard to get a decent job. However, we should do that more and more because we are the future.

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down