English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal journal 1 : Being a teacher.

4 posters

Go down

Personal journal 1 : Being a teacher. Empty Personal journal 1 : Being a teacher.

Post  Seyoung Yoon Tue Jun 03 2008, 12:30

Being a teacher is not quite easy thing as it is looked. I have thought that teacher should be the person who can guide students to the right direction and be a mentor whenever students ask for help. In that kinds of senses I am not confident of myself. Actually, when I decided to enter teacher's college, I didn't think these aspects seriously. I just followed my parents and relative's advices "Teacher is the best job for woman in Korea.". Thus I cannot decide what should I have to do, even after entering university. That much, I couldn't have the assurance about my career.

The main thing I was worried about was that "Am I really eligible for being a good teacher?". I was not a perfectily good model student during my school life. Though I liked teachers very much, I never thought that I would be one of them. I was good at explaining math problems to friends easily, but I didn' feel any accomplishments. Rather than education part, I was interested in commercial things, subjects like Economics or social studies which are relatec to transition.

In addition, I had believed that only the person who could devote himself to students have to be a teacher. The teacher who can understand students well and feel sympathy with them is need to be a teacher. At least the teachers whom I had seen was that kinds of teachers, but I was not that sorts of person. I didn't know if I could be the dedicated teacher that much. That was the key reason I doubted to my capability to be a teacher.

However, now, my thought is quite changed. As there is no person who is completely perfect from the time he was born, everything is totally up to my attitudes and efforts. If I am not suitable for the characteristics of teacher, it would be okay if I would build myself in college. Because that is the reason why I am attending college and that's the thing that I have to learn for 4 years in teacher's college. Of course being a teacher is not just the matter of getting a certificate. Nevertheless, I made up my minds not to worry about the thing that I don't have now. The important thing is to learn as many things as possible in the situation I am now.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Personal journal 1 : Being a teacher. Empty How are you?

Post  Jung namsook Tue Jun 03 2008, 13:29

Hi Seyoung~

I also thought to myself why I should be a teacher. I'm currently questioning whether I'm qualified to educate students. A born-nature would be related with having a job as a teacher along with extended knowledge and teaching skills. A job security isn't enough to convince myself to teach in schools. That's why I'm getting less confident. Moreover I have yet to prepare for it. However, I'm sure you could be a good teacher in many ways. Good luck!

Namsook
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Personal journal 1 : Being a teacher. Empty Re: Personal journal 1 : Being a teacher.

Post  Inkab Tue Jun 03 2008, 17:33

Probably we can read three essays sharing the same topic. I'm also thinking to write about why I want to be a teacher. Before I read your essay, I thought my essay would be about skeptical mind of my being a teacher. I am not sure but now I feel like finding more reasons to be a teacher, just except the job security and reasonable pay for woman. Your essay inspired me. Wink
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Personal journal 1 : Being a teacher. Empty Re: Personal journal 1 : Being a teacher.

Post  Hyun a Ji Thu Jun 05 2008, 06:14

I think you could think about your future carefully even though you seems younger than me. When I entered teachers' college, I also didn't decide whether being teacher or not. When I was young, teacher seems quite boring job and it's too difficult to open students' mind. However my thoughts is getting positive after teachers' practicum. I'm sure your mind could be more positive in teachers' practcum. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down