English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEE Writing Assignment

2 posters

Go down

TEE Writing Assignment Empty TEE Writing Assignment

Post  HyejinJeon Wed Jun 04 2008, 20:31

The Korean government has suggested that Korean secondary school English teachers should be able to conduct their classes entirely in English by 2012.
Do you support this proposal? Why or why not? Support your opinion with clear reasons, details and examples.

When a new gonverment was launched, one of policies that it suggested was English immersion program. At that time, it was a very big issue and the press dealt with it importantly. At first, I agreed with it, and still I think that this proposal is very good way to improve Korean's English ability. However, I can not agree with it partly. 5 weeks practicum affects my opinion.

First of all, the government has forced a secondary school teacher to be able to conduct their classes entirely in English by 2012. I think it is impossible that student can't catch up the secondary Education if they don't get the opportunity to experience a class done by English. Even if some students don't know basic expressions, is it possible for him/ her to understand his/her class and be interested in English? Actually, there were some students who didn't understand or did something eles even if their teacher conducted a class in Korean. If a class is conducted in English, most students study English unavoidly, not enjoy it!

Secondly, TEE will make a private English institution bigger. Already, Korea private education market is huge. Former governments tried to reform our education system, especially English, such as EBS. However it didn't work well. This failure made parents pay more money to private education. In addition, even elementry school students go to TOEFL private English institution or English conversation class. Actually, when the government suggested this proposal, many parents looked our for a good English conversation institution or native teachers.

In conclusion, the government must examine TEE more carefully and specifically. TEE has many benefits and a good way, but there are some problems to be applyied in a real school. If the government really wants to improve English education in a public school, it needs to have more time and face our education reality.
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

TEE Writing Assignment Empty Re: TEE Writing Assignment

Post  Ju-mi,Im Mon Jun 09 2008, 12:54

Government seems to hurry new English education policy, I think.

As you said and I thought, there are pros and cons in TEE.

We should have time to consider it carefully.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down