English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 5

3 posters

Go down

Journal 5 Empty Journal 5

Post  Ju-mi,Im Sun Jun 08 2008, 18:51

Journal 5.

Student-teaching for 5 weeks finally finished. It seems that I dreamed. Especially I did student-teaching in girls’ high school where I graduated so it was much more meaningful and precious time for me.

Through this practicum, I come to have certain motivation to be a good teacher. Of course, sometimes it’s hard to spend the time but I got many things from that.

Also during the practicum, it was very good chance for me to observe the class and teach students directly. I could apply what I learned in university to real class and know real educational situation. It’s our problem awaiting solution to narrow the gap between the theory and reality and try to change for better future in Korean education. For it, we study and exist, I think.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Journal 5 Empty Re: Journal 5

Post  Younghee choi Mon Jun 09 2008, 09:55

I want to give you a big applaud for having done a great job on your practicum.
Since we were in the same boat doing teaching practicum at different schools, I felt the same way as you. I found teaching was hard but rewarding.
Good luck on your teacher's exam and I wish you could realize your dream as a teacher.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Youn Sujin Mon Jun 09 2008, 18:26

So, we're responsible for narrowing the gap and make a brighter future, right? By the way, I wish you could concretize the idea of the gap between the theory and reality. I'd like to know what you learned from the experience from teaching practicum, and what you think was different from the theory.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ju-mi,Im Mon Jun 09 2008, 20:38

I mean . . .
For example we learned many teaching skills such as task-based teaching, use of many activities sublating grammar and teacher-centered classes.
However in reality it’s difficult to apply them to real class.
Especially in high school, almost classes are focused on the exam to enter the university, so it’s hard to try many things in an hour. Even in the aspect of efficiency, it’s not effective.

Is it helpful a little for your understanding? Cool
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down