English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Journal 5] A book touching me

5 posters

Go down

[Journal 5] A book touching me Empty [Journal 5] A book touching me

Post  HyejinJeon Mon Jun 09 2008, 22:50

Now I'd like to introduce my classmates a book touching me. I didn't stop reading it, so I didn't sleep and read it. The author is Biya Han, a emergency rescuer of Worldvision. Title of this book is "Advande beyond a map". Already this book is best seller, but I want to let my classmates know it is really good book. I'm not sure if I translate Korean title into English correctly. Through this book, I know that Korea was helped by Worlvision until 1991, and it the first country that support other country. In addition, this book encouraged me to donate.

Her courage makes me surprised. She travelled for 7 years and determined to be a emergency rescuer. Although she can live comfortably, she is enough brave to give up such a life to do what she wants. I was touched by her courage and passion, also she always prepared to accomplish her dreams. She studied English hard and didn't hesitate. Before doing something, she make a plan certainly.
During reading, I wonder why she chose hard job. Someone asked her this question, and she said,

"the reason was this job makes my heart beating. Although it was not normal life and hard, I am happier than in the past."
T
his sentence is one of my favorite. Her words makes me think what I really want. Here is another sentence touching me.

"Don't compare yourself with other people. Compare today with yesterday"

I always compared myself with my friends, and was not satisfied with myself. However, this sentence made me relaxed.
She is always happy to do challenge because it makes her passionate. Moreover she shows if we do our best, we can achieve what we wanto, so she is a role model to everyone. After final exam, I recommend my classmates to read this book and will read again.
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[Journal 5] A book touching me Empty Re: [Journal 5] A book touching me

Post  Ji hye Lim Thu Jun 12 2008, 20:59

Her remark is impressive. I really want to find a job which makes my heart beating. I envy her personality. I'm too timid to adventure something.
I also red this book. However It's been a long time since I red this. During this summer vacation, I will read it again. Because this kinds of book always give me stimulus. Wink
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[Journal 5] A book touching me Empty Always..

Post  Seyoung Yoon Fri Jun 13 2008, 13:00

Each people has a special book which he likes most. You found the book! Books have incredible power to change one's attitude of thought in short time. Right after reading a book, the inspiration we get from the book makes us another person. You experienced these feelings.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Sat Jun 14 2008, 13:36

Probably, I didn't read the book that you mentioned here. I always compare myself with others. Sometimes, that puts more burden on my shoulder. Also, as you told, I think we need to challenge for self-satisfaction and improvement.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jongwoo Sat Jun 14 2008, 20:23

Very Happy I'm so touched with her remark, "Don't compare yourself with other people. Compare today with yesterday". That would be help for me to keep away from an inferiority complex and grow up more. Thanks for recommending such a nice book.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down