English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 7 The pursuit of happyness

+3
Jung namsook
Hyun a Ji
Ji hye Lim
7 posters

Go down

Journal 7 The pursuit of happyness Empty Journal 7 The pursuit of happyness

Post  Ji hye Lim Fri Jun 06 2008, 16:29

"The pursuit of happyness" is one of my favorite movies. This movie is taken from real life. Will smith act as ChrisGardner who is the founder of Gardner Rich &Company.

1980, San Francisco, Chrisgardner bought many medical appliances but it didn't sell well. So his family's economic condition became terrible and his wife left him and son. While walking alone the street, he met stockbroker who looks rich, he decided to become stockbroker. he worked as internship with no charge so he and his son suffered from poverty more and more. However, he always has a very positive attitude to life. He did his best and he became full-time employee. This movie end at this point.

This story looks rather common and typical success story and yet this story give me strong impression. Through Showing his fail and desperate conditions, his success looks more valuable. The most deep impression is his attitude to life. Even when he was in his darkest days, he didn't lose his sense of humor and hope. This attitude led him to success. I really want to learn his attitude.

Will smith put on splendid acting. Before watching this movie, I thought that he is just good at action or comedy. However, through this movie, I found his possibility of good actor. He showed much more of his range as the hero of this movie. Another remarkable point is that he acted with his real son. So their relationship looked more naturally.

People always look for true happiness in their life. I think that this movie can give us tip for finding happiness. So if you don't watch this movie yet, I recommend you to watch this movie. Especially, who is faced with a hard situation.

Last edited by Ji hye Lim on Sun Jun 08 2008, 08:43; edited 4 times in total
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 7 The pursuit of happyness Empty I want to watch,,,

Post  Hyun a Ji Fri Jun 06 2008, 17:21

I heard this movie from my best friend. She said it was really impressed about Will smith and their son. I wanted to watch it, but I didn't have chance to watch it. Even though I didn't watch it, I could feel this movie carefully through your essay. Thank you. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 7 The pursuit of happyness Empty Re: Journal 7 The pursuit of happyness

Post  Jung namsook Sun Jun 08 2008, 07:55

Thanks for recommending a good movie. I think Will Smith is the very man to act successfully. He must've been thourgh a deep hardship, though, he appears to be hilarious and humorous all the time. I always swear my self to look at the better side of my life and yet I find myself to be negative when I face some hinderance. I think this move is also touching me enough. Bye
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanghoon Jang Mon Jun 09 2008, 09:56

I know how diffifcult keeping our smile is when we have in hardship time. I think that the most crutial thing is to keep our real dreams in our mind. If we have strong wills to keep our dreams, we would never change our minde and try to find other ways which always look attractive. These days, I have felt why people want to settle some areas down even though they can go further than now because they already found happiness with their own family. That is why, I have thought which one is better for me between family and success even though I have tried to find balance points.

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Younghee choi Mon Jun 09 2008, 10:49

I have been busy with school things and work. I regret I couldnt spare time for watching movies throughout the semester. After this semester, Ill watch the movie you recommended. It sounds very touching and interesting. I also think happiness doesnt lie in the physical wealth but spiritual affluence. I have to put more smiles on my face from now on.
Thanks for introducing a good movie.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cho Jun-woo Mon Jun 09 2008, 12:24

I also watch this movie. It was moving. And I thought about what is real happy. Honestly, I don't know what it is. But in my case, if I can live without regret, I think it's happy life. I recommand you "cinderella man" it is also real story about boxer James J. Braddock. It's a good movie.
Cho Jun-woo
Cho Jun-woo
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Ju-mi,Im Mon Jun 09 2008, 12:32

I know you love movie but it's been a long time to hear the movie story from you!
I think genuine happiness is always around us. Just we don't notice it.
After starting summer vacation, I want to watch the movie you recommend us.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down