English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

+30
Yoobin Cha
Boyun Park
Mi Jin Jeong
Kim Hyunjin
sunnypine
jangdj
Kang Eunmi
Ji-eun
Lee yujin
Jung Yoojin
jihyun
eunjin39
Nam-suk
Lee Hye Jin
Han Kyoung Jae
Kim Jin-Young
Joo Un-jin
Kim Eun-jung
Jeong, Seong-yoon
bakbann
Kyeong-im
Ji Young, Kim
Liz
Bae Sung-han
kim young-ah
Oksun
Ryu Jeong A
kiera
Lee Pilsu
Jason Renshaw
34 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty Interesting story ^^

Post  Oksun Fri Apr 11 2008, 08:02

sunnypine wrote:

Yoojin Jung, Sunyoung Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yunkyoung Hwang, JeongA Ryu, Bongkung Park, Pilsu Lee, and Haesol Bae

It was a great day. The sun was shining brightly. However, the sky became gray and it started pouring heavily. On the way to my aunt’s house, I was caught in a shower.

Geez… I hate rain. I decided to go back. When I got home, it became sunny. What a strange day!

Oh my goodness! I forgot to bring my key and my cell-phone has no battery. Things are getting worse and I’m getting angrier. I didn’t know where to go, so I decided to keep walking until it gets dark.

While walking through the deep forest, I found a small cabin that was smashed. The door was open and, in the living room, there was a dark brown liquid on the floor. It was so messy that I thought I had to take off my shoes. The liquid was so sticky when I was wandering around in the cabin. Finally, there I found a squeaky door.

I opened the door. There was a lot more of that dark liquid on the floor. I felt the urge to touch it and figure out what the substance was. Carefully, I tipped the floor with my finger. Oh! The color was so beautiful that I put more of the liquid on my nails. It goes really well with my fingers. It was a natural nail polish. While I was in a rapture satisfied with the color, I heard a “bang!” from behind my back. My heart pounded so loudly, but I couldn’t turn around. I had to…

…look at who hit me from behind, but I instead fainted. When I finally woke up I found myself lying in my bedroom. My parents were looking at me with worrying eyes. I was told that I had been asleep for three days. Was it just a nightmare that I went to a strange house and touched the brown liquid and was hit by someone? I thought I just had a bad dream, but I realized it was real because my clothes were covered with that brown liquid. What happened? Who was it?

I was so curious that I had to ask to my mom. When I asked those questions, my mom looked so worried about me. She said I got hit by a car in the corner of the street. Fortunately, it was not a big accident so I didn’t get hurt so much. But the thing is I didn’t get hurt from the car but I got hurt on my fingers by broken glass pieces when I was lying down on the street because of the accident. I was bleeding from my fingers now it became a brownish color after it dried on my fingers. And I thought that was the sticky brown liquid from the dream. It was still really strange day…

Wow. It seems like a detective story ! When I first saw the title, I thought It'
s like a typical womanly story - A woman who loves to polish her finger nails or something. To my surprise, you guys made a wonderful story together .
Thanks for giving me a chance to read an exciting story like this. How imaginative you are ^^
Oksun
Oksun
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty yes, not in predictable way..

Post  Joo Un-jin Fri Apr 11 2008, 09:40

I agree with your opinion.
I don't want the story in dramas or movies to proceed in predictable ways.
So we felt fresh and interested in a drama like "Samsoon"
The story went outside the box. Samsoon was not typical.
But I hope that my life ends happily.
On the brink of death, I want to meet a happy end.^^
Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.
Joo Un-jin
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty I hope you never meet a playboy like him^^

Post  Joo Un-jin Fri Apr 11 2008, 09:58

He is a bad guy.
I don't like playboys because they don't know sincerity to someone and can't understand how a woman hurts. They should be punished.^^ They even have bad habits like lying.
It's good you were released from a nightmare.
If I were you, I would make him malfunction as a man. Razz

Bae Sung-han wrote:
Unexpected Day
(titled by Lee Kyeong-im)
(Yu-jin Lee, Yoo-jin Jung, Sun-young Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yun-kyoung Hwang, Ok-sun Jeong, Sung-han Bae)

I woke up late in the morning, feeling very tired. I called mom, but there was no answer. I also called my brother, no answer, either. I came to realize that there wasn't anyone in the house. I looked up the clock which was hanging in the dining room, but it was gone. I thought someone must have stolen everything in the house except for the bed I had been lying.
HOW IT COULD BE POSSIBLE!

Then, suddenly a handsome and gorgeous guy appeared in front of me. and he asked me, "Would you like to marry me?" How odd he was! At the first sight, he gave me a propose, kneeling before me. My mind tried to say, "No, not at all," but my mouth was moving in a different way I'd like to respond. In a split second, I was saying, "Yes, I would. I'd love to." And I followed him to his place. As a matter of fact, he was the prince of a mysterious world, who was awesome and handsome.

However, something happened to us. it was a bit cloudy all day and at last in the later afternoon it started to rain slightly. And the drops was hitting this windows upon the ceiling. It was after the thunder splashed in the air of dark night. The handsome prince began to scream like the roar of lion and changed into a poorly old, ugly man. He tried to covered his appearance with his arms, stepping backward to avoid my eyes. And then, "I'm so sorry,” said he like he talked to himself. He mumbled, "I, actually, was cursed by a witch who he had dated with." But I could hear him as enough as I said to myself.

Poor prince... I wanted to help him to regain his appearance, so that I firmly told him, "I will meet the witch to figure out what you have got." I, by myself, went to the witch's place where was located in the suburb of the town. It wasn't far way from the castle. It took 2 day horse-riding time for me to get there. The place which the prince directed me to get there wasn't not worse than I had expected. I walked slowly to the door and knocked three times. There was no response and I knocked again. But no answer again. But I could feel something behind. It was a bit spooky somehow, but not bad though. The witch was behind me, clearing her throat and saying to me,
"Who are you? What brought you here?"
I'd like to be straight, so I asked her why she had done to the prince and how much he was suffering.
And then, her response was not different from what I had expected. After discussing, she told me that the prince was a playboy.

And she explained that all he says was lie. She also went through the same experience as mine. Long time ago, when she had woken up in her own house, there had been nothing left in it. And suddenly he had appeared. He even proposed to her. During the conversation, I could feel the anger growing up to my brain and decided to revenge him.

On my way back to the castle, I was thinking about how I could revenge him effectively. The prince appeared and said,
"How did it go? Did you meet the witch?"
"Yes," I said, "Straight with you, I love you but I can't marry you."
"Why not?" he asked me with surprise and suspicion.
"She doesn't want me to get married to you. She still loves you." I mentioned as if I had felt disappointed and there had been nobody helping.
"No way," he cried.
After that, I tried to run away from him, but I couldn't move at all.
At the moment, I heard my mom calling my name.
"Alice, are you still sleeping?"

When I opened my eyes in my own bed, looked around my room and found out what I had dreamt of, I was so relieved. My pyjama was totally soaked with much of sweat and my body seemed to have no energy left, so I put my head on my pillow again. My face was a bit smiling with relief, hearing from mom's calling for me to get up once again. I moved my body up, thinking not to have such a horrible dream and a disgusting man in a real world.
It was a brightly sunny day, with the birds singing around out of the window nearby my bed.

- The End -
Joo Un-jin
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty How instructive the story is!!

Post  jihyun Fri Apr 11 2008, 10:19

Kyeong-im wrote:by Kim Jin-yong, Boyun Park, Jihyun, Park, Hyejin Lee, Jeong Ok-sun, Bae Sung-han, Lee Kyeong-im

She broke up with a lovely boyfriend and then cried all day long. She didn't want to meet anyone, ever her best friends. After a few days, she felt very long. Tatally forgetting what happened to her, she tried to find something interesting in only restricted room. She found many creatures, millions of ants, in her house. At first time, they were disgusting, so she killed all of them. However, she started to feel happy by doing so.

She was quite surprised by herself. She was starting to feel happy and better after torturing the insects. She went to bed feeling much better. However, the next day, she woke up and found herself face to face with a giant ant. She pinched herself thinking she was still dreaming, but hey~. it was real. The giant ant was staring right back at her.

He, the giant ant, asked her, "Do you want to be killed or to live as our servant?" She didn't want to die nor to be a servant. However, there was no choice. So she said, "OK! I will do whatever you say" Then, the ant took her into their kingdom. Actually, he was the king of there, and the ants that she killed were his babies. He gave her a little shovel and asked her to dig a hole as many as she can.

"Dig, dig, and dig! You're the one who killed my lovely babies." "OK. I'll do everything you want." Even though she said like that she was looking for some ways to get out of this kingdom. After working 3 hours without a break, she was allowed to have lunch for 30 minutes. 'I should do something to go back to my normal life. How stupid and cruel I was...' Yet, there was nothing but crying. "What can I do?"

She kept weeping and weeping. Suddenly a fairy appeared near her eyes. The fairy said to her, "Can you promise not to kill any insects or small beings any more?" She stopped weeping and said, "Of course I do. I'll never ever kill any living things from now on. I promise!" Then the fairy turned into the giant ant. The giant ant blowed the whistle and so many-about one million-ants were lining up in front of her.

She was surprised at those millions of ants. However, she came to realize they were acting differently to her. They were gathering in front of her and seemed to follow the direction of their own king. She wasn't sure they would let her go home, but something was coming up in mind to follow. For a couple of hours walking to home,...

That was the last scene in her dream. Everything was not real. She dreamed in her dream. How strange! She tried to read a dream and finally found that victims(the giant ant's babies) represented her boyfriend. Unconsciously, she blamed him for the breakup. Through this dream she learned something. ; We are one. Although everything seems to be separated they have effect on one another. To hate someone or injure someone's feelings is to destroy ourselves. One man is no man. Now, she prays that he(her boyfriend) might be happy with a smile on her face.

When I join in writing this story, I laughed a lot and also had very big dream to make this story very funny.
But this story went to you. I think you did better than I could do. Very good job!! You even gave me an instruction!! Oohol~~~~^^*

If you don't mind, can I tell what I was planning to write for the conclusion? I thought the end goes like this. Watching the girl working very well, the king of the ants suggested her to be the princess of his kindom.
considering seriously she accepted this offer, because she really didn't want to study and go to school everyday. After several months in ants kindom, she started to regreted her decision. It was so boring and she want to go back to her normal life. But it was too late.
There was no way to escape from this country. She didn't know any ways to go to the outside world.
Excepting this reason, she missed her parents so much. So she begged the ants to let her visit her motherland(?) just one time. The ants permitted her to go, but asked her to bring the baby ants with her.........
The story goes like this. It soud so weired, I know. But Doesn't it sound like "A Fairy and A Firewood Gatherer"
Anyway..........I like this story. I always wish to travel some other worlds except the Earth like Alice in wonderland. clown
jihyun
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty It's really fun!!

Post  Kyeong-im Fri Apr 11 2008, 18:00

Ryu Jeong A wrote:Bae Sung Han, Lee Kyeong Im, Lee Yu Jin, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mi Hyun, Hwang Yun Kyung, Ryu Jeong A.

People always missed and respected superman, because they were able to learn what justice is, what they should do for their neighbors, etc. Even they sometimes dreamed meeting him in their dreams. Now, it's time for their dreams to come true. One day...

Superman happened to appear in Daegu. He really wanted to explain he wasn't a difficult person to meet. Unfortunately, however, he could speak English only. Whenever he tried to help and talk to Daegu citizens, he was refused because they were afraid to speak in English. So, he thought something went wrong in English education of Daegu.

Later he felt he should renovate English education in Daegu. So, he decided to meet the mayor of Daegu. Meeting him and his aides, superman talked about the seriousness of English education and said he wanted to help them. Then they made an agreement to educate citizens by developing new English education system. For the sake of solving that problem together, superman became a CEO of English Education corporation.

Superman's business was such a success, but he suddenly disappeared. He was seriously thinking about his gender identity. In fact, Superman always admired wonder woman's shinning tiara. So, he decided to get a surgery.

The superman became a woman. Now, superman doesn't exist any longer.

People in Daegu Education Department was very surprised to find that superman had gone. They tried to find him using every possible way. They even made a UCC of finding superman. One day, a woman called to the mayor and told him that she knew where he was and wanted to make an appearance on air.

Finally, the mayor met her on live TV show. Amazingly, she was the very wonder woman and really gorgeous than expected. She said the shocking story to the public, "Actually, superman always said he wanted to be a woman. While helping the others make their dreams come true, he found himself that he also could make his dream of becoming a woman come true and in the end he made it However, as you know, most of the people dislike and disrespect the trans genders. That's why he, no, no, now 'she' can't show up to the public." Even before ending her remark, there came a lot of encouraging messages on the web eagerly hoping the comeback of the super woman. Seeing this, the mayor politely requested her coming back to Daegu, saying, "I think they are already ready to meet and accept the new hero." With a determined look, the wonder woman removed her fake mask and outfits, and then a brilliant figure appears, super woman. 'Superman' returned at last, with a different but more attractive look.

I started this story. Actually, in my head, there's nothing special or interesting. You did very good job!! This writing makes me think Korean English Education system one more time. ^^ Superman's return means more attractive look, woman. So creative!!
Kyeong-im
Kyeong-im
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Kyeong-im Fri Apr 11 2008, 18:07

jihyun wrote:
Kyeong-im wrote:by Kim Jin-yong, Boyun Park, Jihyun, Park, Hyejin Lee, Jeong Ok-sun, Bae Sung-han, Lee Kyeong-im

She broke up with a lovely boyfriend and then cried all day long. She didn't want to meet anyone, ever her best friends. After a few days, she felt very long. Tatally forgetting what happened to her, she tried to find something interesting in only restricted room. She found many creatures, millions of ants, in her house. At first time, they were disgusting, so she killed all of them. However, she started to feel happy by doing so.

She was quite surprised by herself. She was starting to feel happy and better after torturing the insects. She went to bed feeling much better. However, the next day, she woke up and found herself face to face with a giant ant. She pinched herself thinking she was still dreaming, but hey~. it was real. The giant ant was staring right back at her.

He, the giant ant, asked her, "Do you want to be killed or to live as our servant?" She didn't want to die nor to be a servant. However, there was no choice. So she said, "OK! I will do whatever you say" Then, the ant took her into their kingdom. Actually, he was the king of there, and the ants that she killed were his babies. He gave her a little shovel and asked her to dig a hole as many as she can.

"Dig, dig, and dig! You're the one who killed my lovely babies." "OK. I'll do everything you want." Even though she said like that she was looking for some ways to get out of this kingdom. After working 3 hours without a break, she was allowed to have lunch for 30 minutes. 'I should do something to go back to my normal life. How stupid and cruel I was...' Yet, there was nothing but crying. "What can I do?"

She kept weeping and weeping. Suddenly a fairy appeared near her eyes. The fairy said to her, "Can you promise not to kill any insects or small beings any more?" She stopped weeping and said, "Of course I do. I'll never ever kill any living things from now on. I promise!" Then the fairy turned into the giant ant. The giant ant blowed the whistle and so many-about one million-ants were lining up in front of her.

She was surprised at those millions of ants. However, she came to realize they were acting differently to her. They were gathering in front of her and seemed to follow the direction of their own king. She wasn't sure they would let her go home, but something was coming up in mind to follow. For a couple of hours walking to home,...

That was the last scene in her dream. Everything was not real. She dreamed in her dream. How strange! She tried to read a dream and finally found that victims(the giant ant's babies) represented her boyfriend. Unconsciously, she blamed him for the breakup. Through this dream she learned something. ; We are one. Although everything seems to be separated they have effect on one another. To hate someone or injure someone's feelings is to destroy ourselves. One man is no man. Now, she prays that he(her boyfriend) might be happy with a smile on her face.

When I join in writing this story, I laughed a lot and also had very big dream to make this story very funny.
But this story went to you. I think you did better than I could do. Very good job!! You even gave me an instruction!! Oohol~~~~^^*

If you don't mind, can I tell what I was planning to write for the conclusion? I thought the end goes like this. Watching the girl working very well, the king of the ants suggested her to be the princess of his kindom.
considering seriously she accepted this offer, because she really didn't want to study and go to school everyday. After several months in ants kindom, she started to regreted her decision. It was so boring and she want to go back to her normal life. But it was too late.
There was no way to escape from this country. She didn't know any ways to go to the outside world.
Excepting this reason, she missed her parents so much. So she begged the ants to let her visit her motherland(?) just one time. The ants permitted her to go, but asked her to bring the baby ants with her.........
The story goes like this. It soud so weired, I know. But Doesn't it sound like "A Fairy and A Firewood Gatherer"
Anyway..........I like this story. I always wish to travel some other worlds except the Earth like Alice in wonderland. clown

Hi, Jihyun
Thank you very much~! Your writing is also interesting.. ^^
I also think that there might be another worlds we don't know. Have you ever read the "Ants" written by Bernard Werber? When I read our writing at first time, it reminded me the book. Don't you think is it funny to travel that kind of place? I expect.. someday.. Embarassed
Kyeong-im
Kyeong-im
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty Timing... ^.^;

Post  Kyeong-im Fri Apr 11 2008, 18:43

Ji Young, Kim wrote:
THE TWO PEOPLE FALLING IN LOVE

(Titled by Han Kyung-Jae. Written by Kim Hyun-Jin, Cha Yoo-Bin, Park Sang-Yong, Jang Deuk-Ju, Jeong Mi-Jin, Kim Eun-Jung, Kim Ji-Young)

The girl and the guy were just friends at first. Maybe they didn't know each other well at the beginning of the semester. One day, the weather was so nice that the girl was reading a book, sitting on a bench by the lake. One of her habits was shaking her legs when she was reading. So, as usual she was shaking her legs, and then one of her shoes accidently fell down into the lake. She was just looking at her shoe without knowing what to do. Then, a guy came to see her situation.

The man was very brave. He jumped into the lake without any hesitation and picked it up for her. The girl said very sweetly "Thank you," and her face became red with shyness. The girl wanted to know more about him.

The guy was tall, strong and handsome. Besides, he seemed to have a good personality. The two came to have a nice conversation about this and that, and at around 6 pm, the guy told her that he should leave her. Actually he had a very important class at 6 on Thursday, which was Jason's Practical English class in KNU.

For her entire life, it seemed like she had no right time for a man. When priority was the matter, making a boyfriend was not in her list. Moreover, she always considered herself 'Ugly Betty,' (and actually she was.) so she never thought of having a boyfriend seriously. But this time was really different. She wanted to make the guy interested in her. "Things should be changed now." Determined, she rushed to the classroom and could find the guy sitting in the very first row. "I'd better move now."

She thought, "It's the right time to put the magic pinky lotion on my face to make him have a crush on me." Actually, she had a magic cosmetic stuff that could make her ugly face really beautiful within a second. She was very excited and took the thing out of her bag in a hurry. And then She applied that lotion over her face.

Immediately she was transformed to a very attractive woman. She approached the guy and said, "Hello." Surprised, he said "I didn't expect to meet you here. Glad to see you again. What about having a cup of coffee in a near cafe after class?" She said, "I'm glad to." She came to a seat in the back and Jason came. During class, she couldn't concentrate on the lecture, thinking of him.

After class, they went to the nearest coffee shop and had a sincere talk over coffee. The guy was so perfect that he seemed like the one that the girl had been waiting for her entire life. And the girl also looked so cool and charming to the guy. However, it was not her pretty face that fascinated him. It was the way she saw the world around her, the way she talked, and the way she smiled. After an hour or so, the guy started thinking, "There is something great about her. I might fall in love with this cute girl."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of the story about how the two people first met and fell in love with each other. And there's one more thing to tell you before wrapping up the story. After reading this story, now some of you might wonder, "Where can I find the magic pinky lotion to become an attractive girl (or guy) myself?" Do you want to know the real secret? Actually, there is no such a thing in the world. Then, what really made the girl in the story charming and beautiful? You may already know the answer if you have met the person of your fate.

Actually the two were made for each other, and that's why they looked amazingly attractive to each other. The girl thought that the guy was more handsome than Brad Pitt, and the guy thought he was so lucky to meet a girl who exactly looked like Angelina Jolie. If you find the girl or the guy who is destined for you as in the story, she or he never fails to recognize you and your true beauty. Razz

Hi, Ji-young
Falling in love with someone.. is really interesting and important thing in our life. ^^ One of my friends, she met soemone like a soul mate. Unfortunately, because it was not proper time they did nothing but breakup. Until now, she couldn't stop loving/thinking him. It's sad. TT So I think proper timing is also needed.
Anyway~... all you guys including me.. haha.. I hope to find your sweetheart..
Good luck~! cyclops
Kyeong-im
Kyeong-im
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty I enjoyed it!

Post  Kim Jin-Young Sat Apr 12 2008, 06:44

Your story seems really interesting and always a love story is exciting.

She has enough confidence in suggesting a date to him. I thought that if I had a chance to meet a perfect guy to me, I would come to him. Also, you mentioned that she took an advantage of a magical cosmetic which had a spell on someone's face. If it's possible, I'm eager to try it!

Anyway, I enjoyed your revised writing, well-organized and grammatically correct. Very Happy

Ji Young, Kim wrote:

(Titled by Han Kyung-Jae. Written by Kim Hyun-Jin, Cha Yoo-Bin, Park Sang-Yong, Jang Deuk-Ju, Jeong Mi-Jin, Kim Eun-Jung, Kim Ji-Young)

The girl and the guy were just friends at first. Maybe they didn't know each other well at the beginning of the semester. One day, the weather was so nice that the girl was reading a book, sitting on a bench by the lake. One of her habits was shaking her legs when she was reading. So, as usual she was shaking her legs, and then one of her shoes accidently fell down into the lake. She was just looking at her shoe without knowing what to do. Then, a guy came to see her situation.

The man was very brave. He jumped into the lake without any hesitation and picked it up for her. The girl said very sweetly "Thank you," and her face became red with shyness. The girl wanted to know more about him.

The guy was tall, strong and handsome. Besides, he seemed to have a good personality. The two came to have a nice conversation about this and that, and at around 6 pm, the guy told her that he should leave her. Actually he had a very important class at 6 on Thursday, which was Jason's Practical English class in KNU.

For her entire life, it seemed like she had no right time for a man. When priority was the matter, making a boyfriend was not in her list. Moreover, she always considered herself 'Ugly Betty,' (and actually she was.) so she never thought of having a boyfriend seriously. But this time was really different. She wanted to make the guy interested in her. "Things should be changed now." Determined, she rushed to the classroom and could find the guy sitting in the very first row. "I'd better move now."

She thought, "It's the right time to put the magic pinky lotion on my face to make him have a crush on me." Actually, she had a magic cosmetic stuff that could make her ugly face really beautiful within a second. She was very excited and took the thing out of her bag in a hurry. And then She applied that lotion over her face.

Immediately she was transformed to a very attractive woman. She approached the guy and said, "Hello." Surprised, he said "I didn't expect to meet you here. Glad to see you again. What about having a cup of coffee in a near cafe after class?" She said, "I'm glad to." She came to a seat in the back and Jason came. During class, she couldn't concentrate on the lecture, thinking of him.

After class, they went to the nearest coffee shop and had a sincere talk over coffee. The guy was so perfect that he seemed like the one that the girl had been waiting for her entire life. And the girl also looked so cool and charming to the guy. However, it was not her pretty face that fascinated him. It was the way she saw the world around her, the way she talked, and the way she smiled. After an hour or so, the guy started thinking, "There is something great about her. I might fall in love with this cute girl."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of the story about how the two people first met and fell in love with each other. And there's one more thing to tell you before wrapping up the story. After reading this story, now some of you might wonder, "Where can I find the magic pinky lotion to become an attractive girl (or guy) myself?" Do you want to know the real secret? Actually, there is no such a thing in the world. Then, what really made the girl in the story charming and beautiful? You may already know the answer if you have met the person of your fate.

Actually the two were made for each other, and that's why they looked amazingly attractive to each other. The girl thought that the guy was more handsome than Brad Pitt, and the guy thought he was so lucky to meet a girl who exactly looked like Angelina Jolie. If you find the girl or the guy who is destined for you as in the story, she or he never fails to recognize you and your true beauty. Razz
Kim Jin-Young
Kim Jin-Young
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty Unexpected story!!

Post  Lee yujin Sat Apr 12 2008, 07:56

Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung

It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.

When I wrote the part of this story I didn't expect this story to flow like this.^^
Anyway It is interesting, but It is also a little bit scary.
this story seems to be part of the crime novel..^^
I like this sort of story. I actually enjoyed it. thank you for interesting story.
Lee yujin
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 5 Empty Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Lee Hye Jin Sat Apr 12 2008, 20:37

Was it all dream? HaHaHa...
You guys must be big fans of Harry porter. When it comes to a magician, we usually think of him because of his popularity. I've never seen the movie or book though.

I also felt like I was dreaming whiling reading your writing. I think almost every one once had a dream like being a magician one day. so did I. So your work reminds me of my childhood. Thank you for making me be pure as a child.

Have a nice day~

kim young-ah wrote:Titled by Kim Ji-Young, Written by Joo Un-Jin, Kim Bo-Yeun, Kim Hyo-Jin,Jung Ji-Eun, Jung Sung-Yoon, Moon Nam-Suk and Kim Young-Ah.

One day, I met a magician. He said, "I'll give you anything that you want. But you must keep it a secret." First I laughed at him and thought he was making fool of me. I just said, "Be my servant." I was just joking , thinking he was very strange. But he was so serious and said, "OK. I will be your servant. But you must not tell it to anybody."

And he said to me, "If you reveal the secret, you have to be my servant and you should do whatever I want." "OK. Sure. No problem." I said. I wanted the magician to make everything that I wanted. As time went by, I felt that the magic was not interesting any more to me, so I decided to become a magician, thinking that I could do anything and get anything including a servant.

So, I called the magician and asked him " Hey, servant! I want to be a magician just like you. Can you help me?" Then, he seemed to be thinking about it for a second and accepted it. But he suggested to me one condition.

"Of course, I can make you a magician. But, you have to go to the HOGWARTS school and study there. You know why? It is the time to follow your destiny. You were destined to be a great magician, Harry Potter!" I couldn't say anything in front of him. Am I Harry Potter?

"Yes. " he said. "Even though I go to HOGWARTS school alone, and if I got the more magic power and I were a magician, it wouldn't matter to me at all." I thought. "OK! I'll try but what if I go there with my best friend. I'm afraid of the loneliness."

"That's one of your duties that you have to overcome." he said. I was quite curious about that, but I wasn't quite sure whether I could handle this situation alone at the same time. Therefore I called my best friend to get her opinion after thinking about it for several days. She said that she'd be willing to go with me because she knew very well how scared I would be in my being alone. Suddenly, the magician appeared, and said "OK. You've my servant from now."

At the moment, I was at a loss. As soon as I became his servant, I was made to catch up with him, to run with a bus, to clean up his laboratory, etc..... Finally, I had the difficulties done, as he ordered. But, without knowing myself, I had already arrived at HOGWARTS school and I had finished the magic course. What happened to my best friend? Nowhere she was. I cried and cried. Just then someone hit my back. She was....
She was.... my MOM. "Why don't you get up and wash your face? Be late for school. Hurry up!" All was a dream. Ha ha ha.
Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Hye Jin Sat Apr 12 2008, 21:37

Wow~~!! What a brilliant and creative novel you wrote!!
It started as a romantic novel, developed as a horror and ended like a sience fiction.
I really enjoyed it!

I expected it will be a romantic and very heart boken love story when I first started to read it. I was so surprised to find out J whom I expected to be a main character was killed and she was a master of the cybog.
And I was really laughing at the moment the female police officer and "I" fell in love and she was killed by his ex-boyfriend. It seems quite extraordinary story but while reading it I coudn't take my eyes off the story.

Thank you for making me laugh a lot.

Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung

It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.
Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Hye Jin Sat Apr 12 2008, 22:01

HaHaHa~
The title "a rose" was written by me! I never thought this story will be like this!

I was surprised three times while reading this. First, the rose turned out to be gold and "I" was to sell it.
Second, the person who worked at the store was a spy from North Korea. How creative and unique it is!
Third, "I" earned a lot of money and became famous by reporting about the spy to the police officer. And it will be made as a film.

If it is made as a movie titled a rose. Who would be the stars? I just wonder.... Will it succeed? How many people would see the movie? I would be the first person who would rush to the theather which runs the movie. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for your efforts!

bakbann wrote:Title by Hye Jin Lee
Bae Sung-han, Lee Keyong-im, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mihyun, and one nameless person

There is a yellow rose on the desk. I got it from a man I have never met before. It was delivered but I didn't know why. My friends said he must be my secret admirer but I didn't think so because a small card which I got with a rose said "As a token of my gratitude... -your angel-".

Next day, "my angel" gave me another rose. I got a rose everyday with the same message for about a month. I had no idea who sent these roses and why. The same words were just repeated, "As a token of my gratitude... -your angel-".

As my friends guessed, does he like me? Maybe... but "my angel" is not my type. I like the man who has guts and says whatever is on his mind. Even if he doesn't have a feeling for me, his roses made me uncomfortable. "I should get rid of these!"

However, surprisingly, these roses were not just normal roses. They were made of gold, pure gold. I changed my mind to sell the roses and get some money. When I went to jewelry store to sell it, I found the perfect guy behind the counter. Nevertheless, whenever I tried to talk to him, he ignored my words and walked away from me. Not only I couldn't sell the roses, but I had to get out of the store.

I was embarrassed and so mad at him. "Am I a monster or what?" I went there again right away. However, he was whispering on the phone secretly, looking around carefully. He even had a gun with him. As soon as I entered the store, he hung up the phone, hided the gun, and walked away. His suspicious behavior made me report to the police. He turned out to be a spy from North Korea.

I got a reward of a billion won for reporting the spy. All eyes focused on me. "I awoke one morning and found myself famous". I became to have both wealth and fame.

As I became famous, my story about gold roses also spread. I haven't gotten any gold roses since then. Instead, many who heard my story are arguing that they are "my angel". Yet I haven't found the real rose guy. Roses were bothering me once, but I ended up being rich and famous thanks to them. Here is another surprise: My story will be filmed with the title "A Rose". flower
Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Hye Jin Sat Apr 12 2008, 22:18

What a realistic story it is!

It is quite plausible that our dream reflect our mind and thinking. It is well organized story in a way that as an English teacher wannabe dreams of being in a class and teaching English in English. And the famous Imersion Program Mr. President Lee always emphasizing. What a sad dream and reality.

I could deeply feel the pressure of the test for being a teacher. I also had that kind of dream like being late for the teast or failing to speak in Enlish while interviewing. I totally understand that kind of things really happen.

Good luck to all the people who are preparing for the exam in my class!!

Kim Jin-Young wrote:titled by Joo Unjin,
written by Kim Boyeun, Kim Jin-young, Jung jieun, Jeong Seongyoon, Moon Namsuk, Kim YoungAh, Kim Hyojin.

Today it was my first day to teach English in school. Actually, it made me nervous, so I had to prepare a lot of things for class. I dressed up and arrived at school on time. I felt my heart beating quickly and my face blushed. With my legs crossed, I tried to calm down my restless mind. As soon as I start to teach, the front door opened slowly. Rain, the world star, walked into the class.

It was unbelievable! It seemed that I was dreaming of him. Also it was likely that I would die of extreme nervousness. In addition, I was so embarrassed that I totally forgot how to say hello at the moment. After a few seconds of silence, he suddenly started to laugh and then said to us "Hi! nice to meet you".

You know what? I couldn't say anything in front of him. We managed to shake hands with each other as politely as possible. The director of a new TV program asked me to accept Rain as one of my students in class for today.

I started to introduce him to the rest of students before studying. However, there was a rule in class; Only English is allowed to be used during English class, so I had to explain any grammar rules in English. Smiling all the time, he suddenly suggested some possible activities such as riddles and storytelling. I was a little surprised, but I had no choice but to accept it. It was definitely unexpected because this kind of thing was not on my list.

As all the teachers were curious about how well each student work out, so I wanted to know the new student's English ability. However, he spoke so fast that I couldn't understand what he was saying exactly. Surprised at his fluency and accurate pronunciations, I sometimes made a couple of mistakes in pronouncing difficult words and even made a pause for breath. It was shameful that his English skills outdid mine in every aspect. At last, the 50-minute class ended up not achieving the objects of lesson 1. I said to myself 'This cannot be true!'.

Would that I dreamed of it! Fortunately, I realized the reality; it was a dream. When I woke up, I couldn't see anything in the dark. Only ticking sound from my watch was heard. Actually, I was in a bad situation; I didn't still pass the test to be a teacher. The mental pressure in my mind caused me to think of the frightened dream.

Frankly speaking, I experienced in breaking up with a ex-boyfriend who is now dating with another girl. Until my hurt get recovered, it took several months. However, I wouldn't let myself think it over and over because there remained many things to do. All of a sudden, I was told that the Ministry of Education made an announcement to adopt new teachers. It said that the number of new English teachers was going to increase this year, which resulted from the introduction of new English curriculums, Immersion Education Program. That announcement was enough to motivate me to study more than usual! I prayed God for me to make it.

Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Hye Jin Sat Apr 12 2008, 22:32

It was like a fairy tale applying a magic lotion on your face hahahah!!
I really like this story. Like you said there is no magic lotion in the world. The two people who were made for each other consider themselves as a prince and a princess each other.

Did you meet your prince or princess? I have not yet met my destiny.
I hope I could find my Jack soon.

Ji Young, Kim wrote:

Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:05

kiera wrote:How to Get Along with a Stranger

by Ji-Hyun Park, Hye-Jin Lee, Ok-Sun Jeung, Sung-han Bae, Kyeong-Jin Lee, Yu-Jin Lee, Yoo-Jin Jung and Sun-Young Kim.

It's really difficult to get along with strangers. The first thing you should do is to memorize some jokes to break the ice between you and a stranger. Once you have some small talk and break the ice with him/her, you'll feel less stressful about getting along with strangers. The second one you should do is to be open-minded. Since we're all human being, we all have something common.

First of all, Start talking with some questions like "What a nice weather!" , "What do you usually do on weekends?"" or "I've been to Japan. Have you ever been to any foreign countries?". This could be one of the safest way to start conversation. Then you can find that the strangers who you are talking with and yourself are getting to feel more comfortable.

However, there is a subtle difference between man and woman in choosing the conversation topics. Here are some additional tips for starting conversation, especially for man. For example, woman and man have different point of views. If man wants to get along with a woman, just start with her favorite things, which man must get information at the beginning of conversation. Relatively, woman are interested in the emotional and detail subjects such as cooking or happiest time, something like that.

Secondly, you should be more open-minded when you first start a conversation with a stranger. Here is an interesting episode. One day, a woman has a chance to get along with a stranger, a beautiful woman. In order to break the ice, she says something emotional. Unfortunately, the beautiful woman doesn't seem to understand what she says and doesn't feel interested at all. She gets embarrassed. Actually, the beautiful girl was man in the past and even worse, she is not able to hear because of illness.

She is really angry with this beautiful girl, because she doesn't know about the girl's secrets. She is so upset, so she hits the girl. The girl calls the police, but it takes a long time for the police to arrive.

So these two people inevitably tries breaking the ice, now in a different way. She finds that the beautiful girl is unable to hear so she apologizes to the girl for hitting her. The girl accepts her apology and introduces herself again through writing. Now, she realizes that the girl is a transgender and she is a good person, and they become friends.

As you can see, breaking the ice is the most important thing when you met a stranger. In order to interact with a stranger better, you should choose normal and safe topics. You can prepare a common jokes or a small talk about weather. In addition, you should be more open-minded since there are various kinds of people in different situations. That is, breaking the ice should be based on understanding with each other. I hope these tips should be helpful for you.

- The End -

I am one of the people who find it difficult to get along with a stranger. These were very wonderful tips and it also has specific examples like 'choosing normal and safe topics', 'being open-minded', etc. I'll keep these in mind and try to practice these when I meet someone next time. Thanks for all the writers for this story.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:06

Ryu Jeong A wrote:Bae Sung Han, Lee Kyeong Im, Lee Yu Jin, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mi Hyun, Hwang Yun Kyung, Ryu Jeong A.

People always missed and respected superman, because they were able to learn what justice is, what they should do for their neighbors, etc. Even they sometimes dreamed meeting him in their dreams. Now, it's time for their dreams to come true. One day...

Superman happened to appear in Daegu. He really wanted to explain he wasn't a difficult person to meet. Unfortunately, however, he could speak English only. Whenever he tried to help and talk to Daegu citizens, he was refused because they were afraid to speak in English. So, he thought something went wrong in English education of Daegu.

Later he felt he should renovate English education in Daegu. So, he decided to meet the mayor of Daegu. Meeting him and his aides, superman talked about the seriousness of English education and said he wanted to help them. Then they made an agreement to educate citizens by developing new English education system. For the sake of solving that problem together, superman became a CEO of English Education corporation.

Superman's business was such a success, but he suddenly disappeared. He was seriously thinking about his gender identity. In fact, Superman always admired wonder woman's shinning tiara. So, he decided to get a surgery.

The superman became a woman. Now, superman doesn't exist any longer.

People in Daegu Education Department was very surprised to find that superman had gone. They tried to find him using every possible way. They even made a UCC of finding superman. One day, a woman called to the mayor and told him that she knew where he was and wanted to make an appearance on air.

Finally, the mayor met her on live TV show. Amazingly, she was the very wonder woman and really gorgeous than expected. She said the shocking story to the public, "Actually, superman always said he wanted to be a woman. While helping the others make their dreams come true, he found himself that he also could make his dream of becoming a woman come true and in the end he made it However, as you know, most of the people dislike and disrespect the trans genders. That's why he, no, no, now 'she' can't show up to the public." Even before ending her remark, there came a lot of encouraging messages on the web eagerly hoping the comeback of the super woman. Seeing this, the mayor politely requested her coming back to Daegu, saying, "I think they are already ready to meet and accept the new hero." With a determined look, the wonder woman removed her fake mask and outfits, and then a brilliant figure appears, super woman. 'Superman' returned at last, with a different but more attractive look.

Reading this, I imagined what if this story really happens. Personally, I feel sorry for English teachers. I have seen many English teachers who try hard to help their students be excellent English speaker, However, whenever people complain about their poor English ability, they blame English education in public school and English teachers are the main target of the blaming. I think it's unfair for English teachers to be blamed for Ss' poor English ability. If we have super hero like him, will we be successful in English education?
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:07

Ji Young, Kim wrote:

It seems that you have met your Mr. Right. Congratulations! I do want to believe that there must be someone out there who is made for me but I can't stop asking myself about the existence of Mr. Right. If there is one, why doesn't he show up? I have been waiting for him for a long time... Nowadays, I respect married couples because they recognized the other half of themselves. When it comes to the right time, I hope I find my Mr. Right.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:09

This story is like a well-made fairly tale which has a lesson in it. Maybe we can tell this to our children as a bedside story. At first, I didn't feel like reading this because of the title. ( I don't like ants. ) But it was fun and education. From now on, I think I won't kill any insects being afraid of giant insects.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:10

Joo Un-jin wrote:What I Like...

(titled by Kim Hyun-jin, written by Cha Yoo-bin, Kim Eun-jung, Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Park Sang-yung, Jang Deuk-ju, Jeong Mi-jin)

I had secrets. It is not earth-shattering like American bombing into Japan. I have a boy friend, Ken. We look like Barbie and Ken. I told him that I weighed 50kg but actually I weigh 60kg. You know only one number is changed. I really felt happy when he believed my lie.

One day Ken and I went to the amusement park. We wanted to ride toy horses. There were a row of students in front of them. We also stood in line to ride them.

Then, finally we came to ride toy horses. But as soon as I got on it, it started to make a noise and become unstable and then it was broken at last. How embarrassing and humiliating it was! It seemed like everyone around me laughed at me including my Ken!

I couldn't stand crying. Ken came to know I weighed much. What if your girl friend broke the toy horse due to her heavy weight? I thought Ken wanted to break up with me. But at that time, he hugged me and said, "Darling, don't cry. It's not because you weighed too much but because it was made bad. And what I like is what you are, not what you pretended to be. I love you although you weigh much and you are not beautiful. Always your all is lovely to me." I was moved and regretted lying to him. 'Thank you, Ken. Although you'll be old and fat, I'll love you forever because what I like is also what you are."

(I'll put these three stories below because I thought they were not coherent with the first story a little. But they are good and interesting stories.)

I like this season, the end of March because beautiful blossom on the trees and in the field really starts. Above all, I like the white pink cherry blossom. I have some memory about cherry blossom. Do you guess?

Everyone has a skeleton in his chest; like this old saying goes, I myself have a lot of secrets. It could be dirty, immoral or about sexual fantasy I have. Whether it is desirable or not, having a secret makes our lives more interesting. The girl you had crushed on but never told how you felt, taking a bill from your mother's wallet, wetting your pants even when you were a 7th grader and so on so far.

What I like is ...money. I can go anywhere I want. I can have anything I want to buy. I think I can do anything that I want to do!

I really want to win a lotto. Some told me the numbers. I'll share that money with you. Call me!^^

This story reminds me of one TV ad. Have you ever seen the coffee ad of 'Let's be'? The girl lies to the boy that she's sick. Then the boy says "You look prettier though you are sick." Do you think he doesn't know she's faking? I think he know that but he pretend not to know. Like this, in my opinion, I think Ken knew that she's over 60 but he pretended not to know. After all, he confessed that he liked her the way she was. Maybe this is the words that every girl wants to here. How lucky she is to have someone like Ken as a boyfriend!
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:10

Kim Jin-Young wrote:titled by Joo Unjin,
written by Kim Boyeun, Kim Jin-young, Jung jieun, Jeong Seongyoon, Moon Namsuk, Kim YoungAh, Kim Hyojin.

Today it was my first day to teach English in school. Actually, it made me nervous, so I had to prepare a lot of things for class. I dressed up and arrived at school on time. I felt my heart beating quickly and my face blushed. With my legs crossed, I tried to calm down my restless mind. As soon as I start to teach, the front door opened slowly. Rain, the world star, walked into the class.

It was unbelievable! It seemed that I was dreaming of him. Also it was likely that I would die of extreme nervousness. In addition, I was so embarrassed that I totally forgot how to say hello at the moment. After a few seconds of silence, he suddenly started to laugh and then said to us "Hi! nice to meet you".

You know what? I couldn't say anything in front of him. We managed to shake hands with each other as politely as possible. The director of a new TV program asked me to accept Rain as one of my students in class for today.

I started to introduce him to the rest of students before studying. However, there was a rule in class; Only English is allowed to be used during English class, so I had to explain any grammar rules in English. Smiling all the time, he suddenly suggested some possible activities such as riddles and storytelling. I was a little surprised, but I had no choice but to accept it. It was definitely unexpected because this kind of thing was not on my list.

As all the teachers were curious about how well each student work out, so I wanted to know the new student's English ability. However, he spoke so fast that I couldn't understand what he was saying exactly. Surprised at his fluency and accurate pronunciations, I sometimes made a couple of mistakes in pronouncing difficult words and even made a pause for breath. It was shameful that his English skills outdid mine in every aspect. At last, the 50-minute class ended up not achieving the objects of lesson 1. I said to myself 'This cannot be true!'.

Would that I dreamed of it! Fortunately, I realized the reality; it was a dream. When I woke up, I couldn't see anything in the dark. Only ticking sound from my watch was heard. Actually, I was in a bad situation; I didn't still pass the test to be a teacher. The mental pressure in my mind caused me to think of the frightened dream.

Frankly speaking, I experienced in breaking up with a ex-boyfriend who is now dating with another girl. Until my hurt get recovered, it took several months. However, I wouldn't let myself think it over and over because there remained many things to do. All of a sudden, I was told that the Ministry of Education made an announcement to adopt new teachers. It said that the number of new English teachers was going to increase this year, which resulted from the introduction of new English curriculums, Immersion Education Program. That announcement was enough to motivate me to study more than usual! I prayed God for me to make it.

A teacher shouldn't be afraid of students but I do that a lot. In these days, many students has been to English speaking countries and some of them had stayed there for several years. Through the experience, they became good English speakers. I believe that good English teacher is not just being a good English speaker. There are many other factors to become one. However, somehow I feel small and shameful in front of those students.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:11

Lee Hye Jin wrote:My favorite things bounce

written by Jung Ji-eun , Moon Nam-suk, Kim Young-ah, Kim Jin -young, Park Bo-yun , Park Ji-hyun, Lee Hye-jin

There are lots of things that I like in my life. At first, I like coffee so much. I think it is very hard for me to live without it. I've already addicted to it. Smelling tea or coffee, I relax and take a rest with music. I prefer thinking good things to bad things. So thinking about my favorite things of my life makes me feel better. Even though life deceives me, myself.

Once I tried to limit the amount of coffee I drink but it wasn't easy. At first I didn't really know the true or deep taste of real coffee and just enjoyed the smell of it until I was mature enough to drink it. And I still like my coffee with much milk or syrup in it. Speaking of coffee, it's really hard to drink espresso even though the cup looks so tiny and cute.

Meanwhile, sometimes I prefer to be alone rather than to be with people. I really love coffee in other ways; when I encounter difficulties to endure, I drink coffee. It doesn't matter how many cups I drink a day. At first, I tried to soothe myself drinking coffee. Now it became something harmful in my stomach.

However, We have only one life. What's happiness? I thought about this question, drinking my bitter espresso. Suddenly something comes up. I rushed outside, running to the coffee place and finally got a cup of coffee with lots of creams and caramel syrup. I drank a little bit. Oh! I felt heavenly. Yes! Yes! This is what life is! After that day I totally changed my mind.

The second thing I love is the smile of my students in the kindergarten. I'm so happy because I can enjoy my life with my favorite things. Mingling with people I like is also one of my favorite things. I'm more like people person, and I hate being alone or isolated. Whenever I'm so down or have some problems, I can get good advice from them and I feel much better or even relieved. The moment I'm chatting and having coffee with them is the best moment for me.

Two of my favorite things in my life are coffee and spending time with people I like. Then the most valuable and precious thing in my life is having a cup of coffee with my favorite people. hee-hee

We all have a right to make our lives beautiful and energetic! Even though We all have different types of characters, hobbies and taste, how about trying to enjoy doing our favorite things everyday and make our lives worth living~~! What are your favorite things? What do you want to do now? NOW! JUST DO IT!

Laughing My humble feedback about this activity....
I think it was a very good activity to write , as the professor said, without thinking it's a boring writing session. However, We should have had more understanding about this activity. I felt like many of us, of course including me, couldn't understand how to do this exactly. So I had a little bit of hard time to edit the writing according to the title and to keep the intention of the writers. I think many other people did, too.

I hope we have another chance to do it. ^^ I have had few chances to write for many years just teaching my students how to speak, listen and read having not much time to teach how to write. So at first It was really stressful when the professor told us to write and post more than one paragraph every week like 'opinion and prediction'. However, now I think it's a good chance to practice writing. We can learn from other classmates and from many practices. We have to write to survive. hee-hee ^^ Thank my professor, smart and diligent classmates for making me feel less stressful about writing and giving me chances to learn more. Have a nice week~~!! Shocked

As I read through this, I came to think of my favorite things. Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I was always busy with complaining about my life but now I'm very thankful that I can enjoy my favorite things. I also found that most girls like having coffee and like chatting. That explains why there are so many girls in fancy restaurant or coffee house.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:12

Nam-suk wrote:
by Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Kim Bo-yeun, Kim Hyo-jin, Jung Ji-eun, Jeong Seong-yoon.

A Day of Jason

Jason is a very passionate professor teaching English at Kyung-book National University. Of course, he loves his job and students very much, but these days he feels kind of bored a little with his life, because it seems like everyday is the same and nothing exciting or fantastic is going to ever happen to him. He woke up this morning just like other days and started the day without any expectation. He had no idea about what would happen to him today.

During day, he just thought to learn magic might be interesting and even it might give him a little life change. So, he visited a magician who knows the way to be an invisible man. The magician listened to what he said very carefully and taught the way to him. Eventually, Jason became the invisible man and nobody could see him. First, he visited the house of the president of KNU, and he saw something shocking there.

That was the president of KNU was also preparing for being an invisible man. Actually, he also wanted something new and especially, he wanted to know how students feel about him and what he had done. So, Jason and the president went around campus together, but there were no one on campus.

Then, they decided to change their route, so they went to a pub near campus instead of just waiting for students to come. They stopped by several pubs and listened to what the students were talking over drinking, because they wanted to hear about students' opinions on themselves.

There were some students of Jason, and they just got a class with Jason today. So their topic was the assignment of the class. They said that Jason's class is pretty hard because there are lots of things to do, but absolutely they enjoyed it. Jason was happy with that, but their topic was moving to the school tuition and they were getting more serious and angry about it.

However, students tried to make themselves calm down because they knew speaking ill of someone behind is bad. Jason and the president learned many things through this experience. They tried to care students' opinion and give them better circumstances than before. This was such a great experience for them.

Suddenly, Jason woke up from his short time nap. It was weird, but he had a chance to look back his life through this dream. He was more sympathetic to his students during his class, and he could see and realize something new and different though it was just same class that he had had. He smiled from time to time remembering that dream and those stuffs that he'd listened in that dream, and that made students wonder.

I think it would be very fun for Jason to read this story because he is the main character. How come I didn't think of making story of using my name? Like you said, every day is very boring. For me, it's almost the same. Sometimes I even have difficulty in finding out which day it is. I'm one of the people who is desperately waiting for something fun in my life. So If I can be invisible, I'd like to hear about students' opinion on myself, too. Even though, students speak ill of me, I won't be upset and think about it seriously. If they think I am wrong, then there must be some factors that make them think so. Using this chance, I may change myself better.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:12

jihyun wrote:" The worst happening today in the morning! "

by Jeong Seong-Yoon, Ghost writer, Moon Nam-Suk, Kim Young-Ah, Kim Ji-Yong, Park Bo-Yun, Park Ji-Hyun
qqqqqqqqqqqqq (sorry, plz tell me your name)

Yesterday night, As soon as I got home after work, I tried to find some food.

Because I was so starving -at least I felt like that- I tried to make some finger food quickly. However, I couldn't find any clean dishes eventhough I was looking for it for several minutes. Since I hand't washed the dishes for weeks, there was no containers to cook. Finally I gave up looking for the dishes and washing the dishes, decided to eat out with my friends.

But, unfortunately, I couldn't get in touch with any of my friends. It was getting darker and darker and
I was almost dying for hunger, so I gave up calling and went out alone to find something to eat. I was too exhausted, so that it was very hard to walk properly. Anyway, I walked and walked along the street.
And then...?? I can't remeber anything. When I opend my eyes it was in the morning. I was in a very strange place where I have never seen it before. I looked around carefully and found out it was hospital.
I found myself wearing a cast all over my body. I was so shocked and screamed. But I lost my voice so nobody answered to me.

I tried to organize my thoughts. I could guess something bad had happend to me. Frankly speaking, I am a drug addicted man. To be honest at this monent, I have to admit that what I really needed yesterday was drugs, not food. Several weeks have passed since my drug seller didn't give me any of them. I was insane. I made illusion in my mind and I couldn't recognize real or imaginary situation at that moment. I thought as if I was held in hostage by some stranger. Anyway... Sometime later, a nurse and a doctor came to see me.
But as I said before, I couldn't move my body and make any voice.

I trie to move my face muscles in order to give them some kind of signals. Fortunately I was able to blink my eyes. When the nurse saw my blinking eye, having remembered the similar patients' case shown on the TV, she came back with a sketch book and a pen. She quickly wrote alphabets on it. Then she said, "I'll go over the alphabets and you blink your eyes once when you want me to stop. I'll help you spell words you want to say, alright?" So, we started to talk in this way.

I asked her what had exactly happend to me. She said, I had fainted in the road and a stranger had robbed of my belongings. Then, As it was too dark, a truck hit me by accident. How unlucky I am! The worst thing ever never is I can't remember any of these. A happy thing of a misfortune, somebody discovered me and called 911. She said that's why I am here, hospital. Her telling was a hair-raising story and I got a goose bumps. But do you know what is lucky? I am still alive!!! Also, I realized how wrong I was during my life. I thought god punished me as having been lazy and addicted to drugs. I took his punishment in a humble way. I promised god and myself that I am going to get a medical trement hard and if he gives me another chance to go back to normal life, I will do my best to live a better life. After all of these thinking, I fell in sleep again, but at this time
soundly and happily.

-----------------------------♡Thanks for reading♡-------------------------

I don't mean to make the writers but I'd rather change the title into 'The best happening today in the morning!' In this story, 'I' had serious injury in the morning, but it will be the luckiest thing that have happened to him if he can recover from this. My favorite part of this story is blinking eyes for communication. It seems that you are a big fan of medical dramas. How could you come up with that? So smart!!! Suddenly, this idea came to me! If he were a Korean, he would have a serious problem. Think about Korean vowels and consonants, it would be disaster! There are much more vowels and consonants in total.. Anyway, I do hope that he would recover from this.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:14

Kim Hyunjin wrote:

Spiderman attached to the airplane.
written by Ryu Jeong-a,Park Bong-kyung,Lee Pil-su,Bae Hae-sol,Kang Eun-mi,
Cho Eun-jin,Han Kyung-Jae,Kim Hyun-jin

Today is a bid day in the history of human beings on the planet earth. As you know, we have a bunch of animated characters such as Batman, Superman, Zzanngu and so on. We've imagined these characters are in the cartoon only. However, it's reported that quite a lot of them have been witnessed in real life.
Philip was a 12-year-old boy who hated school. he didn't like all the teachers, but Ms Judy, who treated him kind and tried to talk with him whenever he was in trouble. One day, he was scolded by his homeroom teacher, Mr. Watson because he brought a frog hidden in his lunch bow and slipped it into a girl's bag. She found the frog and screamed with surprise.

Because he made his class scared, the teacher asked him to bring something funny as a punishment. He was so worried about his special assignment.
Philip began to think how he could make something funny for the class. Finally, he got the answer. He made his mind to give frogs to each classmates. He ordered morn than 100 frogs on the internet. The frog company sent the frogs by airplane to him in a week. He waited and waited. But the frogs weren't sent to Philip because the spiderman found the frogs when he was in airplane. The spiderman was really starving.

The hungry spiderman spreaded his spider web to catch frogs. The frogs started to sing noisy songs to survive. However, it didn't work well because he was half deaf. When he look at sad and ugly frogs, he lost his appetite, so he decided to kidnap and sell. After kidnapping, the frogs spiderman found something strange from them. They smelled terrible. They started to fart all together. It was super strong fart he had never smelled before.
So the spiderman stoped taking the frogs and let them be sent to the school at which Philip waited. A few days later, Philip got the frogs which he ordered and took them to the school. To make the students feel funny, he gave the frogs to each students. They were happy to get the present.
However, who knew the next thing! Suddenly, all the frogs stated to fart again. The gas is too disgusted to bear. Some children who were so week fainted on their seats and other children began to cry. The frogs made the classroom messy. In the meanwhile, the spiderman wondered how the bad smell frogs were dealt with. It was very hard to go to the school because it positioned quite far from him. As soon as he arrived at the school and saw some of students crying and fainting. He thought that they needed his help. Frankly speaking, he wasn't a kind person but a guilty feeling made him help them. He came to the classroom, stoping breathing and captured all the frogs which gave pain to children. Some noticed the spiderman shouted with pleasure and helped other friends to wake. They regarded him as Philip's something funny, even his homeroom teacher. The spiderman also got happiness which he had forgotten very long time ago. Students and their teacher deeply appreciated his kindness and said hello to him. The spiderman smiled at them, crossed between very tall trees, attached to an airplane and disappeared with the airplane.

I usually don't like the story of heros like Superman, Spiderman, etc. They are human beings but they don't look like that. However, I did like this because I can see some human side of heros. Can you imagine Spiderman eating frogs? I laughed a lot at this part. Anyway, he didn't steal the frogs and helped other people. He wasn't trying to help other people but people made him as a hero. My conclusion is heros are not inborn and they are made by people.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Apr 13 2008, 06:16

Hyo-Jin Kim wrote:
A Beautiful Island

- by Sang-Yung Park, Deuk-Ju Jang, Eun-Jung Kim, Ji-Young Kim, Un-Jin Jo, and Hyo-Jin Kim

Oops, what the heck ... is this! B.J opened his eyes and arched up his eyebrow. The smells of dead fish and animals were immediate around him. Two weeks ago, one funny enveloped letter arrived. It was from local travel agency offering free air-line ticket to Carribean.

At that time, he was very happy to get the free ticket to Carribean but he didn't have enough money to travel the Carribean. He really wanted to go and have fun time at Carribean that he never had ever. So he decided to take adventure to go there without money.

He went to the nearest wharf. There he got a job on the ship. His new job was to clean the ship.

He was happy about the idea that he would get some money after doing his job. But, on his last day cleaning the ship, he fell asleep while doing his job. When he opened his eyes(He took a really sound sleep), he could feel the ship was moving! He found that he and, of course, the ship were on the ocean and on the way to somewhere! There was only one other person on the ship, but he didn't tell him to where they were going!!

There was fog around him. And he could see women cry on the sea. They all were wearing white clothes, with hair astray. He felt cold. There was smell of death. Then the man on the ship turned to him and said, "I'm the captain Jack Sparrow. Ha-ha. This ship is Black Pearl. You're going to the sea of death; If you arrive there, there will not be any chance for you to get back to the reality." He felt how absurd it is.

He should have thought about how he escape from this situation, but he couldn't do anything except crying. Suddenly the good idea struck him.

Jack Sparrow was the only one navigating the ship and was found out to be very fond of rum. After walking toward the captain, he said, "Captain, do you mind my joining your long journey? It looks just fascinating! I love adventures." Then, "Why not?!," Jack said, laughing very loudly. As he asked the captain to have a welcome party for himself, Jack was willing to do it. There was still a problem, however. He had pretty low tolerance of drinking and didn't know how much Jack could drink. So he decided to throw away one bottle of rum and fill the bottle with water. A small party was held on the ship. Jack looked very happy and told about various happenings at sea while drinking without knowing if he was being kept waiting for Jack to get drunk. But Jack didn't seem to be getting tired even though a lot of time went. Rather, he started to feel the effect of drink. He finally fell asleep before the captain under worries about the possibility of not being able to get away from the ship. He dreamt to succeed in getting himself out of the ship and going back home. When he awoke from the sweet dream, there was a hell. He wasn't on the ship and was surrounded by dead fish and animals at a seashore. There was no even Jack Sparrow. He felt like he was abandoned. He began running with no destination with fear. Then, something weird happened to him. He could see a village on the island. There were beautiful flowers, exotic trees, houses that were likely to exist in a fairyland, and people!! He immediately ran into them. They were very surprised to see him, while they took care of him with warm hands anyway. As he needed to change his clothes at first, he found a bottle with a paper in it in his pocket in doing so. There was a letter from Jack. It said, "Buddy, I've never seen any sailor getting as easily drunk as you. Maybe, you need to train yourself more. Go back home with this ticket that originally belonged to you, and I'll get you whenever I think you're ready. I admit your courage though. It was nice meeting you." And, there was a ticket back to his home. Shocked He was just relieved and made a resolution not to drink ever after.

- end -

Recently, I have never heard of more funnier story. I was a fan of captain Jack Sparrow, now I'm a huge fan of him because of this story. What kind of captain send a sailor back just because he doesn't get drunk easily? You exactly knew the personality of Jack Sparrow and I think he might do this! If I can see the Jack Sparrow in person, I am willing to ride that ship for very very short time.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next