English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

+30
Yoobin Cha
Boyun Park
Mi Jin Jeong
Kim Hyunjin
sunnypine
jangdj
Kang Eunmi
Ji-eun
Lee yujin
Jung Yoojin
jihyun
eunjin39
Nam-suk
Lee Hye Jin
Han Kyoung Jae
Kim Jin-Young
Joo Un-jin
Kim Eun-jung
Jeong, Seong-yoon
bakbann
Kyeong-im
Ji Young, Kim
Liz
Bae Sung-han
kim young-ah
Oksun
Ryu Jeong A
kiera
Lee Pilsu
Jason Renshaw
34 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Mi Jin Jeong Mon Apr 07 2008, 10:33

Jason Renshaw wrote:Please use this thread to post your edited Twisty-turny Story, based on the activity we did in class on March 27.

Click on "add reply" and type up your story. Please type the story's main title and list the various students who contributed as co-authors under the title. For each student's contribution, please type it as an individual paragraph. Leave line spaces to separate each of the paragraphs.

Remember that you are to use your own judgment on how best to edit the overall story to include all the students' original content contributions, but to make the overall story more cohesive and expressive.

Best of luck with it!

~ Jason

Hi. Jason. ^^
Did you have fun your weekends? It was gorgeous during last weekends.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this activity for the class. I think I could study as well as have fun. I hope I teach my students with this kind of game some day.
Thanks and I'll see you on Thursday.
Good day. ^^*
Mi Jin Jeong
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Nam-suk Mon Apr 07 2008, 10:39

Bae Sung-han wrote:
Unexpected Day
(titled by Lee Kyeong-im)
(Yu-jin Lee, Yoo-jin Jung, Sun-young Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yun-kyoung Hwang, Ok-sun Jeong, Sung-han Bae)

I woke up late in the morning, feeling very tired. I called mom, but there was no answer. I also called my brother, no answer, either. I came to realize that there wasn't anyone in the house. I looked up the clock which was hanging in the dining room, but it was gone. I thought someone must have stolen everything in the house except for the bed I had been lying.
HOW IT COULD BE POSSIBLE!

Then, suddenly a handsome and gorgeous guy appeared in front of me. and he asked me, "Would you like to marry me?" How odd he was! At the first sight, he gave me a propose, kneeling before me. My mind tried to say, "No, not at all," but my mouth was moving in a different way I'd like to respond. In a split second, I was saying, "Yes, I would. I'd love to." And I followed him to his place. As a matter of fact, he was the prince of a mysterious world, who was awesome and handsome.

However, something happened to us. it was a bit cloudy all day and at last in the later afternoon it started to rain slightly. And the drops was hitting this windows upon the ceiling. It was after the thunder splashed in the air of dark night. The handsome prince began to scream like the roar of lion and changed into a poorly old, ugly man. He tried to covered his appearance with his arms, stepping backward to avoid my eyes. And then, "I'm so sorry,” said he like he talked to himself. He mumbled, "I, actually, was cursed by a witch who he had dated with." But I could hear him as enough as I said to myself.

Poor prince... I wanted to help him to regain his appearance, so that I firmly told him, "I will meet the witch to figure out what you have got." I, by myself, went to the witch's place where was located in the suburb of the town. It wasn't far way from the castle. It took 2 day horse-riding time for me to get there. The place which the prince directed me to get there wasn't not worse than I had expected. I walked slowly to the door and knocked three times. There was no response and I knocked again. But no answer again. But I could feel something behind. It was a bit spooky somehow, but not bad though. The witch was behind me, clearing her throat and saying to me,
"Who are you? What brought you here?"
I'd like to be straight, so I asked her why she had done to the prince and how much he was suffering.
And then, her response was not different from what I had expected. After discussing, she told me that the prince was a playboy.

And she explained that all he says was lie. She also went through the same experience as mine. Long time ago, when she had woken up in her own house, there had been nothing left in it. And suddenly he had appeared. He even proposed to her. During the conversation, I could feel the anger growing up to my brain and decided to revenge him.

On my way back to the castle, I was thinking about how I could revenge him effectively. The prince appeared and said,
"How did it go? Did you meet the witch?"
"Yes," I said, "Straight with you, I love you but I can't marry you."
"Why not?" he asked me with surprise and suspicion.
"She doesn't want me to get married to you. She still loves you." I mentioned as if I had felt disappointed and there had been nobody helping.
"No way," he cried.
After that, I tried to run away from him, but I couldn't move at all.
At the moment, I heard my mom calling my name.
"Alice, are you still sleeping?"

When I opened my eyes in my own bed, looked around my room and found out what I had dreamt of, I was so relieved. My pyjama was totally soaked with much of sweat and my body seemed to have no energy left, so I put my head on my pillow again. My face was a bit smiling with relief, hearing from mom's calling for me to get up once again. I moved my body up, thinking not to have such a horrible dream and a disgusting man in a real world.
It was a brightly sunny day, with the birds singing around out of the window nearby my bed.

- The End -

This is fun..lol I think the prince is really good at improvising...Your mother just saved you from that womanizer...lol
Nam-suk
Nam-suk
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty Response

Post  Park, Saang-yung Mon Apr 07 2008, 11:43

Wow! You're a excellent storyteller....^^ But I hope other ladies won't a prejudice against handsome guys. handsome guys can't have faithful loves?

Bae Sung-han wrote:
Unexpected Day
(titled by Lee Kyeong-im)
(Yu-jin Lee, Yoo-jin Jung, Sun-young Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yun-kyoung Hwang, Ok-sun Jeong, Sung-han Bae)

I woke up late in the morning, feeling very tired. I called mom, but there was no answer. I also called my brother, no answer, either. I came to realize that there wasn't anyone in the house. I looked up the clock which was hanging in the dining room, but it was gone. I thought someone must have stolen everything in the house except for the bed I had been lying.
HOW IT COULD BE POSSIBLE!

Then, suddenly a handsome and gorgeous guy appeared in front of me. and he asked me, "Would you like to marry me?" How odd he was! At the first sight, he gave me a propose, kneeling before me. My mind tried to say, "No, not at all," but my mouth was moving in a different way I'd like to respond. In a split second, I was saying, "Yes, I would. I'd love to." And I followed him to his place. As a matter of fact, he was the prince of a mysterious world, who was awesome and handsome.

However, something happened to us. it was a bit cloudy all day and at last in the later afternoon it started to rain slightly. And the drops was hitting this windows upon the ceiling. It was after the thunder splashed in the air of dark night. The handsome prince began to scream like the roar of lion and changed into a poorly old, ugly man. He tried to covered his appearance with his arms, stepping backward to avoid my eyes. And then, "I'm so sorry,” said he like he talked to himself. He mumbled, "I, actually, was cursed by a witch who he had dated with." But I could hear him as enough as I said to myself.

Poor prince... I wanted to help him to regain his appearance, so that I firmly told him, "I will meet the witch to figure out what you have got." I, by myself, went to the witch's place where was located in the suburb of the town. It wasn't far way from the castle. It took 2 day horse-riding time for me to get there. The place which the prince directed me to get there wasn't not worse than I had expected. I walked slowly to the door and knocked three times. There was no response and I knocked again. But no answer again. But I could feel something behind. It was a bit spooky somehow, but not bad though. The witch was behind me, clearing her throat and saying to me,
"Who are you? What brought you here?"
I'd like to be straight, so I asked her why she had done to the prince and how much he was suffering.
And then, her response was not different from what I had expected. After discussing, she told me that the prince was a playboy.

And she explained that all he says was lie. She also went through the same experience as mine. Long time ago, when she had woken up in her own house, there had been nothing left in it. And suddenly he had appeared. He even proposed to her. During the conversation, I could feel the anger growing up to my brain and decided to revenge him.

On my way back to the castle, I was thinking about how I could revenge him effectively. The prince appeared and said,
"How did it go? Did you meet the witch?"
"Yes," I said, "Straight with you, I love you but I can't marry you."
"Why not?" he asked me with surprise and suspicion.
"She doesn't want me to get married to you. She still loves you." I mentioned as if I had felt disappointed and there had been nobody helping.
"No way," he cried.
After that, I tried to run away from him, but I couldn't move at all.
At the moment, I heard my mom calling my name.
"Alice, are you still sleeping?"

When I opened my eyes in my own bed, looked around my room and found out what I had dreamt of, I was so relieved. My pyjama was totally soaked with much of sweat and my body seemed to have no energy left, so I put my head on my pillow again. My face was a bit smiling with relief, hearing from mom's calling for me to get up once again. I moved my body up, thinking not to have such a horrible dream and a disgusting man in a real world.
It was a brightly sunny day, with the birds singing around out of the window nearby my bed.

- The End -
Park, Saang-yung
Park, Saang-yung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Eun-jung Mon Apr 07 2008, 11:58

Jeong, Seong-yoon wrote:Titled by Jeong, Mi-jin

with Kim, Eun-jung, Kim, Ji- young, Jeong, Ji-eun, Jeong, seong-yoon and unknown one student.

Hansel and Gretel are identical twins. Their appearance is perfectly same, but their personalities are very different. Hansel is so nice daughter to her parents. But Gretel is a little troublemaker. Their parents like Hansel rather more.

Then, One day, Gretel wanted to know whether their parents or friends distinguish her from her sister, Hansel. So she made a suggestion to Hansel that She would pretend to be Hansel and Hansel would pretend to be Gretel for fun, and then they, so curious sister, would find out if their parents or friends could really distinguish one from the other or not. Hansel also agreed that, so Gretel started behaving nicely and Hansel began being a trouble maker.

Gretel set to study at night. She sometimes stayed up all night. At first, it was really difficult. Additionally She didn't know even A. B. C. But she came to learn a lot. She is getting interested in studying day by day and finally She came to find out how pretty exciting it was.

Unfortunately, however, Hansel thought that he didn't have to study hard any longer, that's because Gretel is not real Gretel, Hansel is neither. Hansel got to hang out with friends every night over and over again. Also, Hansel was happy because Gretel studied hard instead of him.

Before soon, their parents realized something wrong with Hansel and began to blame her. On the other hand, Gretel was getting praised everyday. Hansel felt so jealous of Gretel that she took her outside and came to talking about what to do next.

And then, by accident, Hansel heard that their parents was talking about them. Their parents were very serious because of them and worry about both of them!

Hansel finally realized that they love him, too! He thought they always love and care for Gretel, and it was only his misunderstanding!

It's kind a story with a happy ending . Very Happy

I wrote the first paragraph of this story. First, I planned to write a story of a girl who ran away form home because of discord with his parents, and her adventure. The story unfolded in an unexpected way, but the end is what I expected, realization of parents' love and happy ending! Thanks for good story!

Kim Eun-jung
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  bakbann Mon Apr 07 2008, 20:06

Lee Pilsu wrote:"The Best Birthday Party in Life"

(Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun-young, Park Mi-hyun, Hwang Yun-kyoung, Ryu Jeong-a, Park Bong-kyeong)

There was a lovely house in a deep forest. It was decorated with very delicious biscuits and chocolate. I had lived there for twenty years with my mom and dad. It was a Sunday morning, and it was also my birthday. All of the animals in the forest came to my birthday party.

Since I was five, I've always wanted to communicate with animals. But it seems to be very difficult to learn animals language. I picked up only a few phrases. But still I couldn't understand a thing when the animals speak each other. My parents, however, were excellent at speaking animal's language. It was a complete mystery to me how come they are good at it while I am not.

It was sad that I couldn't speak animal's language. I was the only one who couldn't. Although all the animals in the neighborhood came over to my place to celebrate my birthday, I couldn't talk with them. They approached to me, giving me presents, saying "blablabla", which I interpreted as "Happy Birthday" from the context of speaking. Although I was so happy to receive gifts from them, I couldn't continue the conversation with them no longer. All the words they were speaking sounded like all the same "blablabla." If I turn this way, I could hear "blabla", and if I turn that way, another "blablabla"

What on earth those "blabla" mean? With no one to talk to, I felt alone. I decided to hide in the closet. When they find that I was missing, they will feel sorry for neglecting me. That's what I thought. I was not just pretending. I was really lonely, indeed. However the closet I was in was so dark and smelled bad. What's worse I found myself locked inside. I got puzzled. I let out a cry and called for help. No one came. Soon I got tired and fell asleep, murmuring to myself "blablablabla"

In my dream, a big black pig came over me and asked me what presents I wanted to be given. So I preyed to him, 'Please, let me also have the special ability to talk with the other animals.' Then surprisingly the big black pig turned to a small white pig. At that moment, I felt somebody shaking me and I woke up. It was just a dream.

It was my mom who found me. I went to the dinner table with my mom. On that table I saw the exactly same white pig that I had seen in my dream. 'What a coincidence,' I said to myself. When my mom was trying to cut the pig with a sharp knife, I called out at top of my voice to my mom, "Please, don't eat it, mom. It's the pig I've seen in my dream. it had promised to give me the power to communicate with animals." After hearing my explanation, my dad who was the best animal language speaker ever, had a surprised look on his face. He was awe-struck, his eyes and mouth wide open. I couldn't get why he was so surprised like that. I continued explaining my dream and now all the animals turned to me with the same shocked expression on their faces. I still couldn't understand why. My mother came to me and said, "How did you become so fluent in animal's language all of sudden?" Now my father said, "You were explaining your dream, or whatsoever, in ANIMAL'S LANGUAGE." Now the animals all chorused rejoicingly, "Miracle Happened. This Kid Now Speaks Our Language"

I was jumping with joy. After several years listening to animal's language, I had thought I failed to learn it. Now all over sudden, it paid off and I can speak the language as well as understanding it. It wasn't for nothing that I was exposed to animal's speaking "blablabla" for the painfully long time.

At 11 in the evening, when every guest returned to their home, I lied down on my stomach on my bed, thinking the unbelievable change in me. I thought about the white pig that changed from the black pig in my dream. Maybe the color "dark" means that I can't understand the animal's language, and "white" means that I got enlightened from my ignorance. Before go to sleep I broke off a white chocolate instead of black one from my bed which was all made of chocolate, and popped it into my mouth and smiled. 'Well, at first I thought today was the worst birthday in my life, but turned out to be the best birthday party in my life.'

What a wonderful story! sunny When I wrote one of the paragraphs above, I had no idea how it will develop. However, I love this one. This story flows very naturally. It is highly cohesive and coherent.
bakbann
bakbann
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Mi Jin Jeong Mon Apr 07 2008, 21:21

bakbann wrote:Title by Hye Jin Lee
Bae Sung-han, Lee Keyong-im, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mihyun, and one nameless person

There is a yellow rose on the desk. I got it from a man I have never met before. It was delivered but I didn't know why. My friends said he must be my secret admirer but I didn't think so because a small card which I got with a rose said "As a token of my gratitude... -your angel-".

Next day, "my angel" gave me another rose. I got a rose everyday with the same message for about a month. I had no idea who sent these roses and why. The same words were just repeated, "As a token of my gratitude... -your angel-".

As my friends guessed, does he like me? Maybe... but "my angel" is not my type. I like the man who has guts and says whatever is on his mind. Even if he doesn't have a feeling for me, his roses made me uncomfortable. "I should get rid of these!"

However, surprisingly, these roses were not just normal roses. They were made of gold, pure gold. I changed my mind to sell the roses and get some money. When I went to jewelry store to sell it, I found the perfect guy behind the counter. Nevertheless, whenever I tried to talk to him, he ignored my words and walked away from me. Not only I couldn't sell the roses, but I had to get out of the store.

I was embarrassed and so mad at him. "Am I a monster or what?" I went there again right away. However, he was whispering on the phone secretly, looking around carefully. He even had a gun with him. As soon as I entered the store, he hung up the phone, hided the gun, and walked away. His suspicious behavior made me report to the police. He turned out to be a spy from North Korea.

I got a reward of a billion won for reporting the spy. All eyes focused on me. "I awoke one morning and found myself famous". I became to have both wealth and fame.

As I became famous, my story about gold roses also spread. I haven't gotten any gold roses since then. Instead, many who heard my story are arguing that they are "my angel". Yet I haven't found the real rose guy. Roses were bothering me once, but I ended up being rich and famous thanks to them. Here is another surprise: My story will be filmed with the title "A Rose". flower

This story makes me laugh. ^^
I like the plot of it, especially reversal at the late part that the store man was a spy from North Korea.
Did she notice who sent roses for her?
Mi Jin Jeong
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Eun-jung Tue Apr 08 2008, 06:05

Nam-suk wrote:
by Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Kim Bo-yeun, Kim Hyo-jin, Jung Ji-eun, Jeong Seong-yoon.

A Day of Jason

Jason is a very passionate professor teaching English at Kyung-book National University. Of course, he loves his job and students very much, but these days he feels kind of bored a little with his life, because it seems like everyday is the same and nothing exciting or fantastic is going to ever happen to him. He woke up this morning just like other days and started the day without any expectation. He had no idea about what would happen to him today.

During day, he just thought to learn magic might be interesting and even it might give him a little life change. So, he visited a magician who knows the way to be an invisible man. The magician listened to what he said very carefully and taught the way to him. Eventually, Jason became the invisible man and nobody could see him. First, he visited the house of the president of KNU, and he saw something shocking there.

That was the president of KNU was also preparing for being an invisible man. Actually, he also wanted something new and especially, he wanted to know how students feel about him and what he had done. So, Jason and the president went around campus together, but there were no one on campus.

Then, they decided to change their route, so they went to a pub near campus instead of just waiting for students to come. They stopped by several pubs and listened to what the students were talking over drinking, because they wanted to hear about students' opinions on themselves.

There were some students of Jason, and they just got a class with Jason today. So their topic was the assignment of the class. They said that Jason's class is pretty hard because there are lots of things to do, but absolutely they enjoyed it. Jason was happy with that, but their topic was moving to the school tuition and they were getting more serious and angry about it.

However, students tried to make themselves calm down because they knew speaking ill of someone behind is bad. Jason and the president learned many things through this experience. They tried to care students' opinion and give them better circumstances than before. This was such a great experience for them.

Suddenly, Jason woke up from his short time nap. It was weird, but he had a chance to look back his life through this dream. He was more sympathetic to his students during his class, and he could see and realize something new and different though it was just same class that he had had. He smiled from time to time remembering that dream and those stuffs that he'd listened in that dream, and that made students wonder.

I enjoyed your writing a lot! As a teacher, I'm sometimes curious about how my students think of my class. Being invisible is really good way to see natural scene of conversation between students. It would be great fun if I had that magical power.

Kim Eun-jung
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty A Beautiful Island

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim Wed Apr 09 2008, 05:35

A Beautiful Island

- by Sang-Yung Park, Deuk-Ju Jang, Eun-Jung Kim, Ji-Young Kim, Un-Jin Jo, and Hyo-Jin Kim

Oops, what the heck ... is this! B.J opened his eyes and arched up his eyebrow. The smells of dead fish and animals were immediate around him. Two weeks ago, one funny enveloped letter arrived. It was from local travel agency offering free air-line ticket to Carribean.

At that time, he was very happy to get the free ticket to Carribean but he didn't have enough money to travel the Carribean. He really wanted to go and have fun time at Carribean that he never had ever. So he decided to take adventure to go there without money.

He went to the nearest wharf. There he got a job on the ship. His new job was to clean the ship.

He was happy about the idea that he would get some money after doing his job. But, on his last day cleaning the ship, he fell asleep while doing his job. When he opened his eyes(He took a really sound sleep), he could feel the ship was moving! He found that he and, of course, the ship were on the ocean and on the way to somewhere! There was only one other person on the ship, but he didn't tell him to where they were going!!

There was fog around him. And he could see women cry on the sea. They all were wearing white clothes, with hair astray. He felt cold. There was smell of death. Then the man on the ship turned to him and said, "I'm the captain Jack Sparrow. Ha-ha. This ship is Black Pearl. You're going to the sea of death; If you arrive there, there will not be any chance for you to get back to the reality." He felt how absurd it is.

He should have thought about how he escape from this situation, but he couldn't do anything except crying. Suddenly the good idea struck him.

Jack Sparrow was the only one navigating the ship and was found out to be very fond of rum. After walking toward the captain, he said, "Captain, do you mind my joining your long journey? It looks just fascinating! I love adventures." Then, "Why not?!," Jack said, laughing very loudly. As he asked the captain to have a welcome party for himself, Jack was willing to do it. There was still a problem, however. He had pretty low tolerance of drinking and didn't know how much Jack could drink. So he decided to throw away one bottle of rum and fill the bottle with water. A small party was held on the ship. Jack looked very happy and told about various happenings at sea while drinking without knowing if he was being kept waiting for Jack to get drunk. But Jack didn't seem to be getting tired even though a lot of time went. Rather, he started to feel the effect of drink. He finally fell asleep before the captain under worries about the possibility of not being able to get away from the ship. He dreamt to succeed in getting himself out of the ship and going back home. When he awoke from the sweet dream, there was a hell. He wasn't on the ship and was surrounded by dead fish and animals at a seashore. There was no even Jack Sparrow. He felt like he was abandoned. He began running with no destination with fear. Then, something weird happened to him. He could see a village on the island. There were beautiful flowers, exotic trees, houses that were likely to exist in a fairyland, and people!! He immediately ran into them. They were very surprised to see him, while they took care of him with warm hands anyway. As he needed to change his clothes at first, he found a bottle with a paper in it in his pocket in doing so. There was a letter from Jack. It said, "Buddy, I've never seen any sailor getting as easily drunk as you. Maybe, you need to train yourself more. Go back home with this ticket that originally belonged to you, and I'll get you whenever I think you're ready. I admit your courage though. It was nice meeting you." And, there was a ticket back to his home. Shocked He was just relieved and made a resolution not to drink ever after.

- end -
Hyo-Jin Kim
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty warm-hearted story^^

Post  Joo Un-jin Wed Apr 09 2008, 07:50

It's a very impressive and warm-hearted story.
I felt scary with the situration that the woman and the man were not her parents.
But soon I was relieved to know that it was a dream.
Especially I like the ending that it was a present for her first day in school.
The situaion changed dramatically.
I like this kind of warm-hearted ending. Very Happy
Han Kyoung Jae wrote:titled by Hwang Yunkyoung

written by Ryu JeongA, Park Bongkyoung, Lee Pilsu, Bae Haesol, Kang Eunmi, Cho Eunjin, Han Kyoungjae.

10 years ago, I went to school with my dad for the first time. In the playground there were a lot of other fellow kids holding their parents hands. However, my mom was not coming with me because she had to go to work. When I was guided to classroom, I saw my mom playing the piano in the next classroom. What happened?

Oh~ my god!! My mom was a music teacher at this elementary school. I couldn't believe my eyes. By the way, how couldn't she tell me she would go to the same school that I would go to. I wondered why she had not told me that. Though confused by the mysterious reason my mom's being there, still I was happy with the fact that I could be around her for the next couple of years.

The class bell rang off. Everybody took a seat. It was a music class and my mom was the music teacher. But she didn't seem to see me in the class. Actually she treated me like any other students. I couldn't understand why she was acting like that. At any rate, I talked to myself I would ask her the reason when I go home.

After school, when I went to my house, I was looking fo my mom to ask the reason why she didn't tell about the happening. But I couldn't find my mom. So I started to yelling at my mom. "Mom~~Mom~~, Where are you now?" At the moment my mom appeared. Oh~my god!! That was not my mom but my dad who was playing the piano in women's clothes, and even it was my music teacher's clothes today in my music class.

Oh, I couldn't believe what I saw. I felt like that I had a nightmare. Whare are my mom and why my dad wore women's clothes? I didn't want to talk with anyone. So I said to him, "Leave me alone, go away!" I felt isolated from the world. Everyone, even my family betrayed me. They didn't tell the real truth to me. I couldn't handle all these happenings around me.

To make matter worse, the man in my mom's clothes wasn't my dad at all. His eyes were shining with red beam and he made strange laughing. He even didn't know my name. I started to run to my room upstairs. "Oh~ God! Where are my parents? Why this strange thing happens to me? Today was my first day at school!!!!" I screamed. Strangely, however hard I ran, my room became farther from me. And then , there were strange dark pit between me and my room.

All of sudden, I heard the bell rang again, and I woke up in my school desk. Yes, fortunatley it was my dream and all of these things happened in my dream. I stood up and ran to meet my mom. My mom was at the teachers' room looking at me with smile. Also she explianed to me why she and my dad didn't tell me the truth. They just made me surprise event for the first day present at school. Finally I felt relieved and happy with my mom. After school, I went home with mom and we had great time eating some cookies. My first day at school was really fantastic and I would never forget that day.
Joo Un-jin
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty interesting story

Post  Joo Un-jin Wed Apr 09 2008, 08:07

What an interesting and clever story it is!!
Philip is such a mischievous boy but I like him.
The frogs fart? I have never thought about it. Very interesting !!
Especially I like the warm-hearted ending that spiderman found happiness in helping others. Laughing
Kim Hyunjin wrote:

Spiderman attached to the airplane.
written by Ryu Jeong-a,Park Bong-kyung,Lee Pil-su,Bae Hae-sol,Kang Eun-mi,
Cho Eun-jin,Han Kyung-Jae,Kim Hyun-jin

Today is a bid day in the history of human beings on the planet earth. As you know, we have a bunch of animated characters such as Batman, Superman, Zzanngu and so on. We've imagined these characters are in the cartoon only. However, it's reported that quite a lot of them have been witnessed in real life.
Philip was a 12-year-old boy who hated school. he didn't like all the teachers, but Ms Judy, who treated him kind and tried to talk with him whenever he was in trouble. One day, he was scolded by his homeroom teacher, Mr. Watson because he brought a frog hidden in his lunch bow and slipped it into a girl's bag. She found the frog and screamed with surprise.

Because he made his class scared, the teacher asked him to bring something funny as a punishment. He was so worried about his special assignment.
Philip began to think how he could make something funny for the class. Finally, he got the answer. He made his mind to give frogs to each classmates. He ordered morn than 100 frogs on the internet. The frog company sent the frogs by airplane to him in a week. He waited and waited. But the frogs weren't sent to Philip because the spiderman found the frogs when he was in airplane. The spiderman was really starving.

The hungry spiderman spreaded his spider web to catch frogs. The frogs started to sing noisy songs to survive. However, it didn't work well because he was half deaf. When he look at sad and ugly frogs, he lost his appetite, so he decided to kidnap and sell. After kidnapping, the frogs spiderman found something strange from them. They smelled terrible. They started to fart all together. It was super strong fart he had never smelled before.
So the spiderman stoped taking the frogs and let them be sent to the school at which Philip waited. A few days later, Philip got the frogs which he ordered and took them to the school. To make the students feel funny, he gave the frogs to each students. They were happy to get the present.
However, who knew the next thing! Suddenly, all the frogs stated to fart again. The gas is too disgusted to bear. Some children who were so week fainted on their seats and other children began to cry. The frogs made the classroom messy. In the meanwhile, the spiderman wondered how the bad smell frogs were dealt with. It was very hard to go to the school because it positioned quite far from him. As soon as he arrived at the school and saw some of students crying and fainting. He thought that they needed his help. Frankly speaking, he wasn't a kind person but a guilty feeling made him help them. He came to the classroom, stoping breathing and captured all the frogs which gave pain to children. Some noticed the spiderman shouted with pleasure and helped other friends to wake. They regarded him as Philip's something funny, even his homeroom teacher. The spiderman also got happiness which he had forgotten very long time ago. Students and their teacher deeply appreciated his kindness and said hello to him. The spiderman smiled at them, crossed between very tall trees, attached to an airplane and disappeared with the airplane.
Joo Un-jin
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty It's very helpful story for me.^^

Post  Han Kyoung Jae Thu Apr 10 2008, 10:21

kiera wrote:How to Get Along with a Stranger

by Ji-Hyun Park, Hye-Jin Lee, Ok-Sun Jeung, Sung-han Bae, Kyeong-Jin Lee, Yu-Jin Lee, Yoo-Jin Jung and Sun-Young Kim.

It's really difficult to get along with strangers. The first thing you should do is to memorize some jokes to break the ice between you and a stranger. Once you have some small talk and break the ice with him/her, you'll feel less stressful about getting along with strangers. The second one you should do is to be open-minded. Since we're all human being, we all have something common.

First of all, Start talking with some questions like "What a nice weather!" , "What do you usually do on weekends?"" or "I've been to Japan. Have you ever been to any foreign countries?". This could be one of the safest way to start conversation. Then you can find that the strangers who you are talking with and yourself are getting to feel more comfortable.

However, there is a subtle difference between man and woman in choosing the conversation topics. Here are some additional tips for starting conversation, especially for man. For example, woman and man have different point of views. If man wants to get along with a woman, just start with her favorite things, which man must get information at the beginning of conversation. Relatively, woman are interested in the emotional and detail subjects such as cooking or happiest time, something like that.

Secondly, you should be more open-minded when you first start a conversation with a stranger. Here is an interesting episode. One day, a woman has a chance to get along with a stranger, a beautiful woman. In order to break the ice, she says something emotional. Unfortunately, the beautiful woman doesn't seem to understand what she says and doesn't feel interested at all. She gets embarrassed. Actually, the beautiful girl was man in the past and even worse, she is not able to hear because of illness.

She is really angry with this beautiful girl, because she doesn't know about the girl's secrets. She is so upset, so she hits the girl. The girl calls the police, but it takes a long time for the police to arrive.

So these two people inevitably tries breaking the ice, now in a different way. She finds that the beautiful girl is unable to hear so she apologizes to the girl for hitting her. The girl accepts her apology and introduces herself again through writing. Now, she realizes that the girl is a transgender and she is a good person, and they become friends.

As you can see, breaking the ice is the most important thing when you met a stranger. In order to interact with a stranger better, you should choose normal and safe topics. You can prepare a common jokes or a small talk about weather. In addition, you should be more open-minded since there are various kinds of people in different situations. That is, breaking the ice should be based on understanding with each other. I hope these tips should be helpful for you.

- The End -

Actually, I chose to read this story by just looking at the title and it's really helpful story for everyone in the world. Also, the example episode is very funny and in my opinion the character, transgender is a imaginative choice. Although it's not a just interesting fiction, I think this kind of story making would attract many readers who are not interested in non-fiction, if it is published because of the interesting and imaginative episode. At any rate, I really enjoyed your story. Very Happy
Han Kyoung Jae
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty What a curious story it is!!!

Post  Han Kyoung Jae Thu Apr 10 2008, 10:39

sunnypine wrote:

Yoojin Jung, Sunyoung Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yunkyoung Hwang, JeongA Ryu, Bongkung Park, Pilsu Lee, and Haesol Bae

It was a great day. The sun was shining brightly. However, the sky became gray and it started pouring heavily. On the way to my aunt’s house, I was caught in a shower.

Geez… I hate rain. I decided to go back. When I got home, it became sunny. What a strange day!

Oh my goodness! I forgot to bring my key and my cell-phone has no battery. Things are getting worse and I’m getting angrier. I didn’t know where to go, so I decided to keep walking until it gets dark.

While walking through the deep forest, I found a small cabin that was smashed. The door was open and, in the living room, there was a dark brown liquid on the floor. It was so messy that I thought I had to take off my shoes. The liquid was so sticky when I was wandering around in the cabin. Finally, there I found a squeaky door.

I opened the door. There was a lot more of that dark liquid on the floor. I felt the urge to touch it and figure out what the substance was. Carefully, I tipped the floor with my finger. Oh! The color was so beautiful that I put more of the liquid on my nails. It goes really well with my fingers. It was a natural nail polish. While I was in a rapture satisfied with the color, I heard a “bang!” from behind my back. My heart pounded so loudly, but I couldn’t turn around. I had to…

…look at who hit me from behind, but I instead fainted. When I finally woke up I found myself lying in my bedroom. My parents were looking at me with worrying eyes. I was told that I had been asleep for three days. Was it just a nightmare that I went to a strange house and touched the brown liquid and was hit by someone? I thought I just had a bad dream, but I realized it was real because my clothes were covered with that brown liquid. What happened? Who was it?

I was so curious that I had to ask to my mom. When I asked those questions, my mom looked so worried about me. She said I got hit by a car in the corner of the street. Fortunately, it was not a big accident so I didn’t get hurt so much. But the thing is I didn’t get hurt from the car but I got hurt on my fingers by broken glass pieces when I was lying down on the street because of the accident. I was bleeding from my fingers now it became a brownish color after it dried on my fingers. And I thought that was the sticky brown liquid from the dream. It was still really strange day…

What a curious story it is!! The title of this story was so curious and it made me read the story. And the more I read, the more curiousity I had. Was the brownish color just the dried blood then? Why did the main character have that kind of strange dream? Ana why did the person think the color was beautiful? Is it related the accident? The story stimulated me and made me think the story over and over again. That kind of story is helpful when someone needs to be more imaginative and creative, I think. Above all, I really enjoyed the story.
Han Kyoung Jae
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty Strange frogs....!!

Post  Han Kyoung Jae Thu Apr 10 2008, 10:54

Kim Hyunjin wrote:

Spiderman attached to the airplane.
written by Ryu Jeong-a,Park Bong-kyung,Lee Pil-su,Bae Hae-sol,Kang Eun-mi,
Cho Eun-jin,Han Kyung-Jae,Kim Hyun-jin

Today is a bid day in the history of human beings on the planet earth. As you know, we have a bunch of animated characters such as Batman, Superman, Zzanngu and so on. We've imagined these characters are in the cartoon only. However, it's reported that quite a lot of them have been witnessed in real life.
Philip was a 12-year-old boy who hated school. he didn't like all the teachers, but Ms Judy, who treated him kind and tried to talk with him whenever he was in trouble. One day, he was scolded by his homeroom teacher, Mr. Watson because he brought a frog hidden in his lunch bow and slipped it into a girl's bag. She found the frog and screamed with surprise.

Because he made his class scared, the teacher asked him to bring something funny as a punishment. He was so worried about his special assignment.
Philip began to think how he could make something funny for the class. Finally, he got the answer. He made his mind to give frogs to each classmates. He ordered morn than 100 frogs on the internet. The frog company sent the frogs by airplane to him in a week. He waited and waited. But the frogs weren't sent to Philip because the spiderman found the frogs when he was in airplane. The spiderman was really starving.

The hungry spiderman spreaded his spider web to catch frogs. The frogs started to sing noisy songs to survive. However, it didn't work well because he was half deaf. When he look at sad and ugly frogs, he lost his appetite, so he decided to kidnap and sell. After kidnapping, the frogs spiderman found something strange from them. They smelled terrible. They started to fart all together. It was super strong fart he had never smelled before.
So the spiderman stoped taking the frogs and let them be sent to the school at which Philip waited. A few days later, Philip got the frogs which he ordered and took them to the school. To make the students feel funny, he gave the frogs to each students. They were happy to get the present.
However, who knew the next thing! Suddenly, all the frogs stated to fart again. The gas is too disgusted to bear. Some children who were so week fainted on their seats and other children began to cry. The frogs made the classroom messy. In the meanwhile, the spiderman wondered how the bad smell frogs were dealt with. It was very hard to go to the school because it positioned quite far from him. As soon as he arrived at the school and saw some of students crying and fainting. He thought that they needed his help. Frankly speaking, he wasn't a kind person but a guilty feeling made him help them. He came to the classroom, stoping breathing and captured all the frogs which gave pain to children. Some noticed the spiderman shouted with pleasure and helped other friends to wake. They regarded him as Philip's something funny, even his homeroom teacher. The spiderman also got happiness which he had forgotten very long time ago. Students and their teacher deeply appreciated his kindness and said hello to him. The spiderman smiled at them, crossed between very tall trees, attached to an airplane and disappeared with the airplane.

The frogs have very strange power, aren't they? Do they really crack a fart? Although I also participated in making the story, I just wondered what happened after I wrote the story. The last part of the story is very funny, I think. At first I thought the spiderman was not the same hero that we regarded before, but the spiderman is still the same hero that we saw at the movie. I am happy to see the spiderman help and play a good role in the society again.^^ However, I have a question. Why the spiderman is attached to an airplane? Can't he fly and move by using his web any more? And I want to know.^^ And I hope the story to be continued.^^
Han Kyoung Jae
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty My Dear Grandmother, It's very touching

Post  kiera Thu Apr 10 2008, 11:44

Kang Eunmi wrote:Witten by Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung, Ryu Jeonga, Park Bongkyung, Lee Pilsu, Bae Haesol, Kang Eunmi

My Dear Grandmother

I have a wonderful grander who is over 100 years old. She is amazingly healthy and young. I like her very much.

If people ask me why I like her, I can give them millions of reasons. But the most important reason is this; She is my grandmother. I'm very happy to have such a wise grandmother. She is my friend, teacher, mother and grandmother.

I still live with my grandma. She still cares for her grandsons and daughters. Sometimes, I and my grandma go to play bingo games. There, many people ask me if she is my mother. Then I tell them just she is my sister.

One day, taking my kids to school, I went back to school expecting a nice happy chat with my grandma. I rang the door bell and opened the front door. There stood a strange woman that I had never seen before. I wondered who this woman was. I asked her " Excuse me, who are you? Have you seen my grandma?" Then the lady answered, "Oh, my sweet little puppy, I'm your grandma. Are you joking? Did you take kids to school?" What had happened to her and to me? I had no idea who she was. Something weird very spooky things must have happened.

So I asked her several questions to see if she is really my grandmother. In the beginning I thought she is a crazy woman saying that she is my grandmother. But as I asked her many family-related questions, she answered them all correctly. She even remember that I had a scar in my leg that I had got from being beaten bu a dog. Amazingly she remembered everything from beginning to the end. I looked at her face closely. Surely, she resembled my mother and me.

But she looked so much younger that her age. I was so confused. Smiling brightly, my grandmother started explaining. The Story was like this; when my mom was killed by the car accident, my grand mother was there too. But both my mom and grandmother got killed. My grandmother and my mom were so sad that they couldn't go to the haven. So they decided to take care of me. That's why there were my mom and my grandmother always. They are ghost!

Actually I know that my story sounds a little weird. But I can feel their love wherever I am like the air. I just feel that I had a sweet dream of them. Even though my mom and grandmother are with me as ghosts, I love them so much. Even, I can trust them more than anyone who are around me. For this reason, I'm the most happiest person in the world. Are you guys with these kinds of people all the time, huh?

I think this story is a perfect mixture of drama and thriller. Actually, I made the title so I was really curious about how the story went on. After reading it, I am deeply touched since it reminds me my own gramdmother who is generous and caring. Well, thanks to the effort all of you made, I really enjoyed the story. Smile
kiera
kiera
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty I really enjoyed this story!!

Post  jihyun Thu Apr 10 2008, 13:02

You know what, I laughed a lot reading this story. This was so fun!!
How different people can make this surprising and hilarious story!! It is so amazing.
I liked it a lot, so I use this for my story telling during listening time!!
I read this story and students find the answers while I am reading this story.
Acuatlly at first I thought just to read them this story without any extra works, but they didn't concentrate it.
So, before reading, I gave them several questions to find answers in the story.
I think they enjoyed this story, too. Because some of the students asked me about the website to read this
story by themselves. This is real authentic activity, isn't it?!
Thanks for giving me this useful and interesting story.

Ryu Jeong A wrote:Bae Sung Han, Lee Kyeong Im, Lee Yu Jin, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mi Hyun, Hwang Yun Kyung, Ryu Jeong A.

People always missed and respected superman, because they were able to learn what justice is, what they should do for their neighbors, etc. Even they sometimes dreamed meeting him in their dreams. Now, it's time for their dreams to come true. One day...

Superman happened to appear in Daegu. He really wanted to explain he wasn't a difficult person to meet. Unfortunately, however, he could speak English only. Whenever he tried to help and talk to Daegu citizens, he was refused because they were afraid to speak in English. So, he thought something went wrong in English education of Daegu.

Later he felt he should renovate English education in Daegu. So, he decided to meet the mayor of Daegu. Meeting him and his aides, superman talked about the seriousness of English education and said he wanted to help them. Then they made an agreement to educate citizens by developing new English education system. For the sake of solving that problem together, superman became a CEO of English Education corporation.

Superman's business was such a success, but he suddenly disappeared. He was seriously thinking about his gender identity. In fact, Superman always admired wonder woman's shinning tiara. So, he decided to get a surgery.

The superman became a woman. Now, superman doesn't exist any longer.

People in Daegu Education Department was very surprised to find that superman had gone. They tried to find him using every possible way. They even made a UCC of finding superman. One day, a woman called to the mayor and told him that she knew where he was and wanted to make an appearance on air.

Finally, the mayor met her on live TV show. Amazingly, she was the very wonder woman and really gorgeous than expected. She said the shocking story to the public, "Actually, superman always said he wanted to be a woman. While helping the others make their dreams come true, he found himself that he also could make his dream of becoming a woman come true and in the end he made it However, as you know, most of the people dislike and disrespect the trans genders. That's why he, no, no, now 'she' can't show up to the public." Even before ending her remark, there came a lot of encouraging messages on the web eagerly hoping the comeback of the super woman. Seeing this, the mayor politely requested her coming back to Daegu, saying, "I think they are already ready to meet and accept the new hero." With a determined look, the wonder woman removed her fake mask and outfits, and then a brilliant figure appears, super woman. 'Superman' returned at last, with a different but more attractive look.
jihyun
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty Great story with fun episodes!

Post  Boyun Park Thu Apr 10 2008, 13:18

Hyo-Jin Kim wrote:
A Beautiful Island

- by Sang-Yung Park, Deuk-Ju Jang, Eun-Jung Kim, Ji-Young Kim, Un-Jin Jo, and Hyo-Jin Kim

Oops, what the heck ... is this! B.J opened his eyes and arched up his eyebrow. The smells of dead fish and animals were immediate around him. Two weeks ago, one funny enveloped letter arrived. It was from local travel agency offering free air-line ticket to Carribean.

At that time, he was very happy to get the free ticket to Carribean but he didn't have enough money to travel the Carribean. He really wanted to go and have fun time at Carribean that he never had ever. So he decided to take adventure to go there without money.

He went to the nearest wharf. There he got a job on the ship. His new job was to clean the ship.

He was happy about the idea that he would get some money after doing his job. But, on his last day cleaning the ship, he fell asleep while doing his job. When he opened his eyes(He took a really sound sleep), he could feel the ship was moving! He found that he and, of course, the ship were on the ocean and on the way to somewhere! There was only one other person on the ship, but he didn't tell him to where they were going!!

There was fog around him. And he could see women cry on the sea. They all were wearing white clothes, with hair astray. He felt cold. There was smell of death. Then the man on the ship turned to him and said, "I'm the captain Jack Sparrow. Ha-ha. This ship is Black Pearl. You're going to the sea of death; If you arrive there, there will not be any chance for you to get back to the reality." He felt how absurd it is.

He should have thought about how he escape from this situation, but he couldn't do anything except crying. Suddenly the good idea struck him.

Jack Sparrow was the only one navigating the ship and was found out to be very fond of rum. After walking toward the captain, he said, "Captain, do you mind my joining your long journey? It looks just fascinating! I love adventures." Then, "Why not?!," Jack said, laughing very loudly. As he asked the captain to have a welcome party for himself, Jack was willing to do it. There was still a problem, however. He had pretty low tolerance of drinking and didn't know how much Jack could drink. So he decided to throw away one bottle of rum and fill the bottle with water. A small party was held on the ship. Jack looked very happy and told about various happenings at sea while drinking without knowing if he was being kept waiting for Jack to get drunk. But Jack didn't seem to be getting tired even though a lot of time went. Rather, he started to feel the effect of drink. He finally fell asleep before the captain under worries about the possibility of not being able to get away from the ship. He dreamt to succeed in getting himself out of the ship and going back home. When he awoke from the sweet dream, there was a hell. He wasn't on the ship and was surrounded by dead fish and animals at a seashore. There was no even Jack Sparrow. He felt like he was abandoned. He began running with no destination with fear. Then, something weird happened to him. He could see a village on the island. There were beautiful flowers, exotic trees, houses that were likely to exist in a fairyland, and people!! He immediately ran into them. They were very surprised to see him, while they took care of him with warm hands anyway. As he needed to change his clothes at first, he found a bottle with a paper in it in his pocket in doing so. There was a letter from Jack. It said, "Buddy, I've never seen any sailor getting as easily drunk as you. Maybe, you need to train yourself more. Go back home with this ticket that originally belonged to you, and I'll get you whenever I think you're ready. I admit your courage though. It was nice meeting you." And, there was a ticket back to his home. Shocked He was just relieved and made a resolution not to drink ever after.
- end -
LOL lol! your story was very imaginative!!! It was a little spooky at first and hard to follow a little since the backgrounds shifted kinda fast but hmm very interesting. And I loved the idea of putting movie character, Jack sparrow in it. How clever of him trying to escape by getting Jack drunk but ended up rather in beautiful island with ticket back home in his hand. Very Happy Also, I like your ending part too. Didn't know Jack has such soft and humorous(well, this characteristic I kind of noticed in the movie but~ haha) soft!!?? haha part in him. Enjoyed reading it very much Exclamation
Boyun Park
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty I'm still confused!!! lol enjoyed the story.

Post  Boyun Park Thu Apr 10 2008, 13:32

Mi Jin Jeong wrote:by Eunmi Kang, Eunjin Cho, Han Kyung Jae, Hyunjin Kim , Yoonbin Cha, Sangyung Park, Deukju Jang

Usually people think kangaroos are kangaroos. they think kangaroos are related to Austraila. Yes, it is. However, there is one thing that people should keep in mind; what they see is not everything. In this world, there are bunches of things that many people never imagined or expected. Would you believe if there is a bus which has kangaroos in desert?
Here is something you've never heard or seen before.

In the desert, there is a special bus which has many kangaroos in it. The bus always carries kangaroos and many other things which can stand for the desert. For example, sands, camels and the special plants thst stand for it. But there really exists...

If you still think that it is unbelievable, search the website, abuskangaroo.com, and you can find many photos of those.

Kangaroos are smart! They act like human beings. One day, boss kangaroo met a beautiful gril in a forest. She was driving her van . The boss kangaroo thought that it was cooool. He wanted to be look cool.

He said to her, "Hey, would you pick me up in your van? I am a handsome guy as you see. May I mave into your van? This bus has too many kangaroos, so it's too crowded and stuffy. Please show me your generiosity!" Then, the woman glimpsed of him.

"Sure, jump in."
In the middle of desert in the middle of day, their relationship has started accidentally.
"Where are you going? Going to family reunion on you got a conference in the west."
"Well, maybe if I make it, I can go to the family reunion.", she repied.
At that time, one big bag in the back seat catched his eyes. Too huge to carry...
"What's that?" Ha asked.
"It's C4."
"What?"
"Composition 4, Plastic bomb, I am going to rob the bank."

Wow, I really believed the story and am still confused it's real or not still!!! Laughing I thought your story was very persuasive especially in the beginning part of the story. I actually thought I'll visit the website after reading it to see some photos!! lol! I realized toward the end that the content was starting to sound like a made-up story so laughed so much ^^. It was a great fun to read and many laughs till the end part!! About robbing the bank with C4??!!! Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy
Boyun Park
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Young, Kim Thu Apr 10 2008, 13:39

kim young-ah wrote:Titled by Kim Ji-Young, Written by Joo Un-Jin, Kim Bo-Yeun, Kim Hyo-Jin,Jung Ji-Eun, Jung Sung-Yoon, Moon Nam-Suk and Kim Young-Ah.

One day, I met a magician. He said, "I'll give you anything that you want. But you must keep it a secret." First I laughed at him and thought he was making fool of me. I just said, "Be my servant." I was just joking , thinking he was very strange. But he was so serious and said, "OK. I will be your servant. But you must not tell it to anybody."

And he said to me, "If you reveal the secret, you have to be my servant and you should do whatever I want." "OK. Sure. No problem." I said. I wanted the magician to make everything that I wanted. As time went by, I felt that the magic was not interesting any more to me, so I decided to become a magician, thinking that I could do anything and get anything including a servant.

So, I called the magician and asked him " Hey, servant! I want to be a magician just like you. Can you help me?" Then, he seemed to be thinking about it for a second and accepted it. But he suggested to me one condition.

"Of course, I can make you a magician. But, you have to go to the HOGWARTS school and study there. You know why? It is the time to follow your destiny. You were destined to be a great magician, Harry Potter!" I couldn't say anything in front of him. Am I Harry Potter?

"Yes. " he said. "Even though I go to HOGWARTS school alone, and if I got the more magic power and I were a magician, it wouldn't matter to me at all." I thought. "OK! I'll try but what if I go there with my best friend. I'm afraid of the loneliness."

"That's one of your duties that you have to overcome." he said. I was quite curious about that, but I wasn't quite sure whether I could handle this situation alone at the same time. Therefore I called my best friend to get her opinion after thinking about it for several days. She said that she'd be willing to go with me because she knew very well how scared I would be in my being alone. Suddenly, the magician appeared, and said "OK. You've my servant from now."

At the moment, I was at a loss. As soon as I became his servant, I was made to catch up with him, to run with a bus, to clean up his laboratory, etc..... Finally, I had the difficulties done, as he ordered. But, without knowing myself, I had already arrived at HOGWARTS school and I had finished the magic course. What happened to my best friend? Nowhere she was. I cried and cried. Just then someone hit my back. She was....
She was.... my MOM. "Why don't you get up and wash your face? Be late for school. Hurry up!" All was a dream. Ha ha ha.

I came up with the title myself, but I didn't have no idea what the final story would be like. The final work was very different from what I first imagined when I wrote down the title, but absolutely I like it because it is very creative and imaginative. Everything is possible in our dreams, so it must be very fun and exciting if we have the ability and power to make the things happening in our dreams actually occur in reality. Actually, -very shamed to say this- I once had a dream in which I got married to Jang, Dong Gun, a famous Korean actor, and I will do everything if I can actually get the ability to make that happen in reality!!! Very Happy
Ji Young, Kim
Ji Young, Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty What a romantic story!! Great Job, Un-Jin!!

Post  Ji Young, Kim Thu Apr 10 2008, 13:47

Joo Un-jin wrote:What I Like...

(titled by Kim Hyun-jin, written by Cha Yoo-bin, Kim Eun-jung, Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Park Sang-yung, Jang Deuk-ju, Jeong Mi-jin)

I had secrets. It is not earth-shattering like American bombing into Japan. I have a boy friend, Ken. We look like Barbie and Ken. I told him that I weighed 50kg but actually I weigh 60kg. You know only one number is changed. I really felt happy when he believed my lie.

One day Ken and I went to the amusement park. We wanted to ride toy horses. There were a row of students in front of them. We also stood in line to ride them.

Then, finally we came to ride toy horses. But as soon as I got on it, it started to make a noise and become unstable and then it was broken at last. How embarrassing and humiliating it was! It seemed like everyone around me laughed at me including my Ken!

I couldn't stand crying. Ken came to know I weighed much. What if your girl friend broke the toy horse due to her heavy weight? I thought Ken wanted to break up with me. But at that time, he hugged me and said, "Darling, don't cry. It's not because you weighed too much but because it was made bad. And what I like is what you are, not what you pretended to be. I love you although you weigh much and you are not beautiful. Always your all is lovely to me." I was moved and regretted lying to him. 'Thank you, Ken. Although you'll be old and fat, I'll love you forever because what I like is also what you are."

(I'll put these three stories below because I thought they were not coherent with the first story a little. But they are good and interesting stories.)

I like this season, the end of March because beautiful blossom on the trees and in the field really starts. Above all, I like the white pink cherry blossom. I have some memory about cherry blossom. Do you guess?

Everyone has a skeleton in his chest; like this old saying goes, I myself have a lot of secrets. It could be dirty, immoral or about sexual fantasy I have. Whether it is desirable or not, having a secret makes our lives more interesting. The girl you had crushed on but never told how you felt, taking a bill from your mother's wallet, wetting your pants even when you were a 7th grader and so on so far.

What I like is ...money. I can go anywhere I want. I can have anything I want to buy. I think I can do anything that I want to do!

I really want to win a lotto. Some told me the numbers. I'll share that money with you. Call me!^^

As a person who participated in writing part of the story, I'm very pround of this final result. What a romantic story it is! If someone said to me, "I love you as you are" like in the story, I would feel so touched and fall in love with the person immediately!!! Very Happy
You must have had a hard time to edit the story, because the parts didn't make up one good whole story, but you did a great job!!! Very Happy
Ji Young, Kim
Ji Young, Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty Interesting!!!

Post  Lee yujin Thu Apr 10 2008, 18:20

Lee Pilsu wrote:"The Best Birthday Party in Life"

(Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun-young, Park Mi-hyun, Hwang Yun-kyoung, Ryu Jeong-a, Park Bong-kyeong)

There was a lovely house in a deep forest. It was decorated with very delicious biscuits and chocolate. I had lived there for twenty years with my mom and dad. It was a Sunday morning, and it was also my birthday. All of the animals in the forest came to my birthday party.

Since I was five, I've always wanted to communicate with animals. But it seems to be very difficult to learn animals language. I picked up only a few phrases. But still I couldn't understand a thing when the animals speak each other. My parents, however, were excellent at speaking animal's language. It was a complete mystery to me how come they are good at it while I am not.

It was sad that I couldn't speak animal's language. I was the only one who couldn't. Although all the animals in the neighborhood came over to my place to celebrate my birthday, I couldn't talk with them. They approached to me, giving me presents, saying "blablabla", which I interpreted as "Happy Birthday" from the context of speaking. Although I was so happy to receive gifts from them, I couldn't continue the conversation with them no longer. All the words they were speaking sounded like all the same "blablabla." If I turn this way, I could hear "blabla", and if I turn that way, another "blablabla"

What on earth those "blabla" mean? With no one to talk to, I felt alone. I decided to hide in the closet. When they find that I was missing, they will feel sorry for neglecting me. That's what I thought. I was not just pretending. I was really lonely, indeed. However the closet I was in was so dark and smelled bad. What's worse I found myself locked inside. I got puzzled. I let out a cry and called for help. No one came. Soon I got tired and fell asleep, murmuring to myself "blablablabla"

In my dream, a big black pig came over me and asked me what presents I wanted to be given. So I preyed to him, 'Please, let me also have the special ability to talk with the other animals.' Then surprisingly the big black pig turned to a small white pig. At that moment, I felt somebody shaking me and I woke up. It was just a dream.

It was my mom who found me. I went to the dinner table with my mom. On that table I saw the exactly same white pig that I had seen in my dream. 'What a coincidence,' I said to myself. When my mom was trying to cut the pig with a sharp knife, I called out at top of my voice to my mom, "Please, don't eat it, mom. It's the pig I've seen in my dream. it had promised to give me the power to communicate with animals." After hearing my explanation, my dad who was the best animal language speaker ever, had a surprised look on his face. He was awe-struck, his eyes and mouth wide open. I couldn't get why he was so surprised like that. I continued explaining my dream and now all the animals turned to me with the same shocked expression on their faces. I still couldn't understand why. My mother came to me and said, "How did you become so fluent in animal's language all of sudden?" Now my father said, "You were explaining your dream, or whatsoever, in ANIMAL'S LANGUAGE." Now the animals all chorused rejoicingly, "Miracle Happened. This Kid Now Speaks Our Language"

I was jumping with joy. After several years listening to animal's language, I had thought I failed to learn it. Now all over sudden, it paid off and I can speak the language as well as understanding it. It wasn't for nothing that I was exposed to animal's speaking "blablabla" for the painfully long time.

At 11 in the evening, when every guest returned to their home, I lied down on my stomach on my bed, thinking the unbelievable change in me. I thought about the white pig that changed from the black pig in my dream. Maybe the color "dark" means that I can't understand the animal's language, and "white" means that I got enlightened from my ignorance. Before go to sleep I broke off a white chocolate instead of black one from my bed which was all made of chocolate, and popped it into my mouth and smiled. 'Well, at first I thought today was the worst birthday in my life, but turned out to be the best birthday party in my life.'

It's really creative to think that a person suddenly happen to use a language of animals!
Sometimes I want to understand my dog's words ^^
Lee yujin
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Nam-suk Thu Apr 10 2008, 20:39

Boyun Park wrote:I love you Forever Love I love you

Titled by BoYeun Kim

Written by HyoJin Kim, JiEun Jung, SeongYun Jeong, NamSuk Moon, YoungAh Kim, JinYong Kim, and BoYun Park

After experiencing a very heartbreaking love when I was young, I didn't get to believe in true love that lasts forever. Since then, my life has been just normal and nothing special. That was until the day I met him for the first time.

I can't forget that very day. Everything bothered and annoyed me so much that I was exhausted and frustrated all day long. Things just got worse and worse. You see, I was on my way back home riding a bus, when I noticed my purse was gone. I "Oh, no!" I cried out loud trying to find it. I almost gave up looking for it when my cell phone rang. It was a fine voice of a man. He told me he found my purse and wants to give it to me. That's how we got to meet each other.

Well that was the first time I met my true love, but wait there, let me tell you another love story of me. I went on a trip to Europe in 1995, when I was a university student. There I came across this beautiful just amazing girl with perfect star-like big eyes. "This is what people say love at first sight!" I couldn't take my eyes off her. I knew she was the one! She's my first true love! Instantly, on my flight to France(my next stop), I wrote to my ex-girlfriend who I had just broken up with couple weeks before on my trip to Europe. (I was a bad boy and had cheated on my ex-girlfriend.)

I told in the letter that I am finally over her and wished her the best luck. Finishing that letter, I went straight to my new love and start going steady with her. Had just marvelous time together and we couldn't stay apart each other. However, back at my hometown, my ex-girlfriend received my heartbreaking letter. She seemed to take it okay after couple months but didn't tell me anything about having my baby back then.

Time just flied. Forgetting completely about my ex-girlfriend, I am still with my girlfriend for 5 years now. I have been living in Italy since then. Currently, I'm selling some sightseeing guidebooks in front of Pompei remains and my girlfriend plays guitar on the street for living. We live poorly and I wonder if there's any love left between us. Is there?

I now realize that any great love cannot exist without money. That chemistry I thought my current girlfriend and I share seems to be vain now. I'm not sure if it's cause I'm too tired of living in foreign country pennilessly or because I just miss my home and past days, but nothing seems to matter to me now. I feel like a guy who have given up his life. I knew I had to make a decision if I want to straighten out my life. I sadly said goodbye to my girlfriend and hoped that everything will work out fine for her from now on. She didn't stop me from going and also wished me good luck. It was hard to call a closure to my 5-year love in Italy but I believe it was the right choice for both of us. So now I'm back on the plane to my hometown writing this story. Keep following my journey.

When I got home, my family greeted me with warm hugs. I have missed them so much! They didn't ask me why I came back or anything yet. Maybe my family were waiting for me to tell them the story when I'm ready. But first, I knew where to head. There was someone I truly needed to see and ask for forgiveness. Her house was just same as before and time seemed to have stopped 5 years ago when she opened the door. Except one change, a cute little boy was standing beside her holding hands. My ex-girlfriend invited me in and told the whole story. I couldn't believe my ears but it was true and she was still waiting for me after I have abandoned her for 5 years. I didn't know how to pay her back nor say sorry to her from bottom of my heart. Maybe this is my one true love or who knows? However, I finally got a chance to make up to her and I'm not going to let her down this time. We started dating again and also made much money after working very hard. Now, I believe we're the happiest couple on earth! I hope our love lasts forever.

Thank you for reading Very Happy

This story looks just like a story of movie to me...and also made me wonder whether there's true love or not..lol...someone who can sacrifice himself/herself for his/her loved one might deserve to get the valuable thing like love..
Nam-suk
Nam-suk
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nam-suk Thu Apr 10 2008, 21:09

Joo Un-jin wrote:What I Like...

(titled by Kim Hyun-jin, written by Cha Yoo-bin, Kim Eun-jung, Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Park Sang-yung, Jang Deuk-ju, Jeong Mi-jin)

I had secrets. It is not earth-shattering like American bombing into Japan. I have a boy friend, Ken. We look like Barbie and Ken. I told him that I weighed 50kg but actually I weigh 60kg. You know only one number is changed. I really felt happy when he believed my lie.

One day Ken and I went to the amusement park. We wanted to ride toy horses. There were a row of students in front of them. We also stood in line to ride them.

Then, finally we came to ride toy horses. But as soon as I got on it, it started to make a noise and become unstable and then it was broken at last. How embarrassing and humiliating it was! It seemed like everyone around me laughed at me including my Ken!

I couldn't stand crying. Ken came to know I weighed much. What if your girl friend broke the toy horse due to her heavy weight? I thought Ken wanted to break up with me. But at that time, he hugged me and said, "Darling, don't cry. It's not because you weighed too much but because it was made bad. And what I like is what you are, not what you pretended to be. I love you although you weigh much and you are not beautiful. Always your all is lovely to me." I was moved and regretted lying to him. 'Thank you, Ken. Although you'll be old and fat, I'll love you forever because what I like is also what you are."

(I'll put these three stories below because I thought they were not coherent with the first story a little. But they are good and interesting stories.)

I like this season, the end of March because beautiful blossom on the trees and in the field really starts. Above all, I like the white pink cherry blossom. I have some memory about cherry blossom. Do you guess?

Everyone has a skeleton in his chest; like this old saying goes, I myself have a lot of secrets. It could be dirty, immoral or about sexual fantasy I have. Whether it is desirable or not, having a secret makes our lives more interesting. The girl you had crushed on but never told how you felt, taking a bill from your mother's wallet, wetting your pants even when you were a 7th grader and so on so far.

What I like is ...money. I can go anywhere I want. I can have anything I want to buy. I think I can do anything that I want to do!

I really want to win a lotto. Some told me the numbers. I'll share that money with you. Call me!^^

That was real fun...and gave me a chance to think about what I really like..
There're lots of things like you said....Well..to me...having a dream..and make it happen!!!
But I also think money is important, as well..lol

Last edited by Nam-suk on Thu Apr 10 2008, 21:52; edited 1 time in total
Nam-suk
Nam-suk
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nam-suk Thu Apr 10 2008, 21:50

Kim Jin-Young wrote:titled by Joo Unjin,
written by Kim Boyeun, Kim Jin-young, Jung jieun, Jeong Seongyoon, Moon Namsuk, Kim YoungAh, Kim Hyojin.

Today it was my first day to teach English in school. Actually, it made me nervous, so I had to prepare a lot of things for class. I dressed up and arrived at school on time. I felt my heart beating quickly and my face blushed. With my legs crossed, I tried to calm down my restless mind. As soon as I start to teach, the front door opened slowly. Rain, the world star, walked into the class.

It was unbelievable! It seemed that I was dreaming of him. Also it was likely that I would die of extreme nervousness. In addition, I was so embarrassed that I totally forgot how to say hello at the moment. After a few seconds of silence, he suddenly started to laugh and then said to us "Hi! nice to meet you".

You know what? I couldn't say anything in front of him. We managed to shake hands with each other as politely as possible. The director of a new TV program asked me to accept Rain as one of my students in class for today.

I started to introduce him to the rest of students before studying. However, there was a rule in class; Only English is allowed to be used during English class, so I had to explain any grammar rules in English. Smiling all the time, he suddenly suggested some possible activities such as riddles and storytelling. I was a little surprised, but I had no choice but to accept it. It was definitely unexpected because this kind of thing was not on my list.

As all the teachers were curious about how well each student work out, so I wanted to know the new student's English ability. However, he spoke so fast that I couldn't understand what he was saying exactly. Surprised at his fluency and accurate pronunciations, I sometimes made a couple of mistakes in pronouncing difficult words and even made a pause for breath. It was shameful that his English skills outdid mine in every aspect. At last, the 50-minute class ended up not achieving the objects of lesson 1. I said to myself 'This cannot be true!'.

Would that I dreamed of it! Fortunately, I realized the reality; it was a dream. When I woke up, I couldn't see anything in the dark. Only ticking sound from my watch was heard. Actually, I was in a bad situation; I didn't still pass the test to be a teacher. The mental pressure in my mind caused me to think of the frightened dream.

Frankly speaking, I experienced in breaking up with a ex-boyfriend who is now dating with another girl. Until my hurt get recovered, it took several months. However, I wouldn't let myself think it over and over because there remained many things to do. All of a sudden, I was told that the Ministry of Education made an announcement to adopt new teachers. It said that the number of new English teachers was going to increase this year, which resulted from the introduction of new English curriculums, Immersion Education Program. That announcement was enough to motivate me to study more than usual! I prayed God for me to make it.

Many classmates might have same sort of burden in their mind to be a teacher of English..to prepare for the big!!test might make you have nightmare from time to time..I think I'm quite positive,,,and even sometimes too positive in that way..I need to be a little serious on my study....This was fun story and gave me another chance to think about my situation at the same time..
Nam-suk
Nam-suk
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 4 Empty Do you think we will have this kind of cyborg someday?!

Post  jihyun Fri Apr 11 2008, 06:34

Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung

It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.

It was quite interesting story! Good job you guys~^^
When I read this story one scene came up to my mind., the movie 'AI'. You know this movie, don't you?
The little cyborg boy named David was adopted to the house in which the family have son who have disease.
Until their son have surgery to get better, they decided to take care of this David, cyborg instead. During that time the boy love his mom very much, and the parents love their cyborg baby little by little.

The story goes on like this, but at the end, something kind of disaster happend to this little poor cyborg. Human took advantages from him and dumped him for not being useful. Anyway, the story ends with happy ending.. The little cyborg boy become real human being child. But in this story, we have to think about the fact. What if, as your story ' Survival from the island' tells, this kind of robots start to attack human being. What if they rule the Earth.
Wow~ I don't want to imagine that situation. However, I think there's still a chance to happen and manage well. Some day, human being will have enough skills to develop this kind of real smart cyborg, then we have to think about how we should take care of them and what the desirable relationship between them and us. cyclops
jihyun
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Hyunjin Fri Apr 11 2008, 07:02

Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung

It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.

When I first saw the title of this story, I expected how to surviving in uninhabited island. So, I might want to read a story like 'Robinson Crusoe'. As well as my story that I posted, this story might be progressed a little bit different way when the first person had written the title. However, it was interesting and sometimes seemed like an detective navel. ^^
Kim Hyunjin
Kim Hyunjin
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next